Looking for two people to share our RV from San Francisco

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Looking for two people to share our RV from San Francisco

Postby hobgoblin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi! We are a 28-year old British couple and their female friend who are coming to BM from the UK. We have rented a 5-person RV which we'll be driving into the desert from San Francisco on Mon 27th Aug, returning on Mon 3rd Sept.

Due to drop outs, we have a double bed free and would like to find some cool and interesting people to take it and split the cost with us.

Two of us are first time burners and one has been before, and we know quite a few people from San Franciso who will also be going and will be running a theme camp there I think. So we won't be wide-eyed BM virgins! You are more than welcome to hang with us for the week, share cooking etc, but equally there is no obligation to if you would prefer to do your own thing and just use the RV as your base.

We have already booked essentials like bedding, plates, cutlery, deckchairs for 5 people, and are insured up to the max as well. We arranged the RV in January so the cost is pretty competitive.

We'll probably also be hiring bikes beforehand, there will be space for yours if you want to do this too, or bring your own with you.

Let me know if you're interested and want more details.

Cheers!
hobgoblin

Re: Looking for two people to share our RV from San Francisc

Postby thegardener » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:34 am

Hi There,

I might be interested.. I'm also English (in London) and have been to BM before (2008, 2009 and 2010) I'm 42 and a responsible hedonist :) I'm not sure if I am going alone or with a mate yet so this may be an option.. but may not. Also have some bikes and other equipment in Reno as I have relatives there.. Also know quite a few people / camps etc.

Let's introduce ourselves anyway.

Tristan thegardener (at) gmail (dot) com
thegardener

Postby Steve Q » Sat May 05, 2012 11:50 am

Hi

Not sure if you have the two additional people for the RV yet but my girlfriend and I would be very interested. Lis is 31 yr old Swedish and I'm a 44 yr old kiwi who has been living in London for 18 years. Like you we are first time burners and it would be great if there is still space. We are both very laid back people and looking forward to having an incredible time in the desert.

My contact email is: sfquirke@googlemail.com

cheers
Steve
Steve Q

Postby Cheyenne » Sun May 06, 2012 5:44 am

Can I suggest the posibility of not renting out the bed for two people? If you have booked a 5 person RV, generally the amount of stuff, supplies, crap etc you will take will mean it is very difficult to cater for the full 'max' number of occupancy as stated by the hire company.

We had 4 people staying in our RV in 2011. It stated that the RV could accomodate 5 people. 4 people ended up being overcrowded and the RV was a shit tip even with precautions. There was absolutely NO ROOM to move around comfortably and there were, lets say, a few heated arguements.

Settle on 3 people and you will have a better time.

This year, David and I have booked an RV, and it stated that it sleeps 4, but we are not having anyone else stay with us as it was WAY too stressful in 2011.

This is speaking from some uncomfortable experiences

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Postby hobgoblin » Sun May 06, 2012 8:42 am

SO sorry for not replying the these posts. I didn't get notifications about new messages and failed to check the page! The RV has now been filled, sorry for not coming back to interested people. Thanks for the tip re overcrowding. Will have to ensure we pack the absolute minimum of stuff!
hobgoblin

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun May 06, 2012 8:50 am

Maybe one of the mods will lock this for you.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2012 Share Resources