bell tent or kodiak/springbar

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Re: bell tent or kodiak/springbar

Postby Zolita » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Kodiak Spring Bar- I bought this tent last year - the 10x14 deluxe (has top air vents) and for not one second did it disappoint. Solid, air tight and big enough to store gear, walk around in and get out of the elements. It gets hot, you will need some sort of shade over it. I recommend camo or something that doesn't make flap sounds in the wind. Invest in long solid tent stakes. This is thee tent in my opinion. Worth every penny. I also added some cheap carpet to keep what little dust that camp in on the ground. Also I didn't use the awning- I folded it down and attached it to the ground poles to keep the dust from coming in and for extra security while I was away. Oh and this tent does SELL out all over the country by July of every year. Buy it now- I was scrambling in July and got one of the last ones. Yikes!
Zolita

Re: bell tent or kodiak/springbar

Postby Bosco » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:12 am

This year will be the third with our Bell Tent. Easy to setup, take down. There are a lot of guy lines which means a lot of rebar, but for the week long of comfort, totally worth it. We bring our queen size metal bed frame, a couple pieces of plywood and a super comfy air mattress. Yes, queen size bed that's off the ground! Tons of room and never a wind problem. We love it and wouldn't trade it for anything!
Bosco

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: SlutGarden

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping