Anybody know what's allowed at Temple?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Re: Anybody know what's allowed at Temple?

Postby Elorrum » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Bob wrote:Please note that supergluing your overinflated willy to the Temple is not allowed, Elorrum, given that the implants contain synthetics.

you win.
Vada a bordo, cazzo!
"I'm not a madame. I'm a concierge."
Elorrum

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:58 pm

fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Bob » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Likewise, pretty sure the Aesthetic Meat Front would be disallowed from nailing stuff on the Temple.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby ranger magnum » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:27 pm

junglesmacks wrote:Nail = hit on head.

I constantly, silently shake my head at what the playa is made out to be sometimes. Yeah it gets hot, yeah it gets dusty.. but for chrissakes.. it's a parking lot with 50k+ people in it. It's not the moon. The best kind of shoes to wear? Whatever the hell you would normally wear! Would an e-cig work out there?! If it works in defaultia.. then by golly.. it'll work out there!

Bring enough crap for your own self to last a week, and you're fine.

Clearly you have never been to the medical stations. Many of the patients there had attitudes like yours. Thats what got them there.

If something works in defaultia, it sure as fuck doesnt mean it will work on playa. If that were the case, I wouldnt spend hours a day on playa welding, repairing and putting peoples shit back together.
Praise the Lowered
ranger magnum

Camp Name: Outpost Tokyo

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:04 am

We're going to have to agree to disagree then as I stand by my statement. The only element that changes things would be the dust which may cause interactions with electronics/respiratory/etc. Other than that.. guess what? It's not any hotter than many climates.. nor any drier than many either.

The difference here is the types of activities that are going on here and the intelligence level/survivability factor of the participant. Take 50k+ people drinking/taking psychotropics/partying/climbing on moving vehicles and yeah.. things will happen. That doesn't mean that the actual, physical environment itself is akin to Mars. You're right.. I've never been to a medical tent because I know how to handle myself and luckily I've never had an accident happen. "Attitudes like mine" didn't get them there.. their actions did.

You spend hours welding and putting people's shit back together because of the way they treated it and the actions they took to break it.. not because we're on the moon. If something works in defaultia, it sure as hell will work out there.. but the variable here is the participant and their actions.. not the physical item.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby ranger magnum » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:42 am

Its not how things are treated out there, its how the playa both physically and chemically destroys things. There is a thread somewhere here that tells us why, from a chemical standpoint, why the playa is so harsh. The physical effects are much easier to see. The dust is extremely fine, and manages to get past seals and into mechanicals. Drop by our bicycle repair camp, Chop Shop, and see firsthand the high failure rate of bearings, chains and deraileurs. Examine your own bike upon your return home. Not only will you notice a lot of rust, but further investigation will reveal penetration of playa dust into almost every mechanism. The playa affects a lot more things than electronics.

Attitude<decisions<actions. Yes, peoples actions get them into bad situations. But what caused them to take that action? A cavalier attitude that "it wont happen to me". Which is why we have not one, but three medical plazas.
Praise the Lowered
ranger magnum

Camp Name: Outpost Tokyo

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:47 am

Yes.. I'll absolutely give you the dust part of the equation as previously stated. We do seem to be talking about two different things here though. This thread started on camping/survival gear.. which is what I was originally directing my post towards.. but has morphed into injuries vs attitudes.. which I will also freely give you that one is very often times the result of the other.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby oscillator » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 am

Too bad vinegar won't neutralize dubstep.
oscillator

Previous

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks