Sacred Spaces Village seeking more camps and peeps!

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Sacred Spaces Village seeking more camps and peeps!

Postby veleda » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Hey Everyone!

Sacred Spaces Village is returning to the playa(and hopefully the Esplanade again) in 2012.. continuing its tradition of bringing luscious visionary art-based sanctuaries, acoustic and electronic music, workshops, healing, yoga, and more.

We're looking to team up with any yoga, divination, performance(uplifting themes), tea temple (we want to start offering night time tea in our chill space), healing, visionary art, or other camps interested in collaborating on a large-scale temple project based on humanity's evolution.

Luv n' Rockets;
Veleda
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Re: Sacred Spaces Village seeking more camps and peeps!

Postby playa hanjin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi,

I am your tea man. I can bring a huge variety of tea to the playa and pour in traditional tea ceremony style all night long.

Healthy caffeine. Yeah.

You can email me at a playahanjin at gmail if you're interested.
playa hanjin

Postby larsonfarmer » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:37 am

Hi!
I'd really enjoy getting involved with your camp.

love the late night tea time! and would love to contribute to it.

I'd also be able to contribute to other parts of your camp.

You can get in contact with me at larsonfarmer at gmail dot com.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
larsonfarmer

Postby veleda » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 am

Hey you both!

Playa hanjin - I sent you an email a few days ago.

Larson - sending you an email right now.

my email is sorormystica at ye ole gmail.

The more the merrier!
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby veleda » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Hey all;

I just wanted to give an update that we're looking even more now for smaller camps that might want to team up on a project this year. We have tons of infrastructure, are historically on the Esplanade, and we're unsure what members will actually get tickets and are rethinking how we plan for 2012. We're thinking others might be in the same boat.. We're either going to have to increase our collaboration with other camps in order to retain doing BIG stuff on the playa or get scale smaller depending on who gets tickets and how it affects our overall camp membership and budget.

Right now we have four camps - PlayaQ/AlQmy (threatrical performance gourmet kitchen), the Xperience the Game Pod (a sensory exaltation tank, group exploration card game, etc), a thelemic magickal camp (bringing visionary art temples and events), and the general Sacred Spaces Pod which does massage, personal development/esoterica/sustainability workshops, and downtempo visionary art tea temple on the Esplanade.

We would love to hook up with any other camps that are interested in downtempo spiritually-vibed lounges, acoustic music, healing and transformative arts, personal development, or visionary art.

Let me know if you're interested.
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby EarthSongWoman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi fellow burners! This will be my 2nd time going to BM and now that I know, for myself, what it is really about, I NEED to be a participant! I spent a lot of time at Sacred Spaces Village and this time I want to BE a Sacred Burner! I have tickets from the lottery and want to be involved from the ground up., I am a clinical hypnotherapist, Reiki and Shamanic practitioner, open to doing whatever is needed. let me know where I can help.... from this day til the last of clearing up, I'm there, '
Song@EarthSongWoman.com
EarthSongWoman

Postby Buena Chica » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:16 pm

HelloSAcred Spaces!!

In 2010 I camped with you for my first burn..... count on me to hold meditations, give massages and hugs!!!
I lead OSho meditations so I would love to offer Nadabrahma, No dimensions, and if the energy rises I lead
a 3 hour emotional release meditation.... let me know how many people so far have tickets.... Kennedy better
have bought his ticket!!

Buena Chica
Buena Chica

Postby veleda » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Kennedy did not get a ticket yet..We're looking for one for him and like most our core leaders. hahahaha..

We will find a way!!!

Just let me know what you are into and I'll find the right spot for you..

decorating, performance, massage, music, building, etc..

It sounds like you both might be good in the healing council??
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby Ratpick » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Hello Sacred Spaces Village! Where are you based? Anyone in LA? Maybe I can help out.
I know enough to know I don't know shit. I just wish more people knew that much.
Ratpick

Location: Altadena! (you know, above LA, where the mountains rise up)

Postby Babaka » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:55 pm

My daughter and I were at our first Burn last year but did not hook up with an active theme camp and would like to get involved with one this year. We were lucky enough to get our tickets! My daughter is a yoga instructor, masseuse, vegetarian and loves tea. She does not have access to a computer at the moment so I am posting on her behalf. I would be willing to do my share in helping with your camp. We stopped by last year and found it to be very interesting and the people incredible.
Babaka

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Party Naked Tiki Bar

Postby dubz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Hello Sacred Spaces Village!

Your village sounds pretty cool! What else do you require or look for in a camp that joins your village, other than it being similar to what you do? Do you have dues? What do you offer to the camps within your village, such as power, etc.?

My girlfriend and I were instrumental in starting a theme camp last year, Raised by Wolves, and will probably be bringing the name, infrastructure and look back this year. In 2011, we were on Esplanade, next to Kostume Kult, in NYrvana Village. This year, we are looking for a more mellow, spiritual vibe, ie. less parties, more yoga! We are planning on doing a coffeeshop that would be open every morning, serving Fair Trade coffee, tea and other yummies, in a relaxed and shaded environment. We are also building a human-powered kinetic vehicle, that will have seating for 5, a decent sound system and a propane cannon.

We are also about to move from Philadelphia to Portland, so we are looking to expand our network of Burners on the West Coast!! Are you all based in the Bay Area?

Thanks!!

Dubz
dubz

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Raised by Wolves

Postby veleda » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:46 pm

We are based in the Bay Area but have a section in San Diego, LA, and Portland..and a number of members scattered throughout the Nation.

Yes we do have camp dues with a discount to returning members, some partial and some full scholarships. It has generally covered porta, showers, meals, coffee/tea/snacks, internal camp shade structure, along with all our public offerings which are fairly extensive. People contribute 2 four-hour shifts which may be done pre-playa or during the burn. We have a few people that don't do meals for dietary reasons and make a different arrangement as meals are a big part of the cost. The Lead of each camp gets a scholarship for organizing their camp...If people are bringing substantive offerings we usually work out an arrangement..meaning more scholarships for core members to offset their project costs or everyone pays in and then we re-distribute the money for that camp or persons project. We generally handle it on a case by case basis depending on our need, the awesomeoness of the project, budget, etc. We're pretty informal (since this is after all a volunteer project). :)

Luv
Veleda
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby veleda » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:49 pm

oh right..i just realized you asked about power!

Yes we do have a central power system. All public facing interactive give to the community structures are given power through that system as part of our general budget. Our power guy is a super sweetheart. :) In terms of personal use..we have had places for people to charge their cameras but not use a blow dryer (raises eyebrow). We do have a limited (and i really mean limited) availability for RVs to be powered.. we don't really want to promote an RV culture but we have a variety of people with different capacities and for that there is an additional fee to be on the grid.
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby Trishntek » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:05 pm

We plan on bringing a few hundred peeps and would be glad to gift you some!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

SFBAY: Sacred Spaces Village Meetup this Saturday NOON

Postby veleda » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:14 pm

This would be fantastic. Can I roast them over a fire? :: grin :: Melting Cute little birdies!!! MWHAAAA>

I want to let people we're having a Village Meeting between NOON and 2, followed by a birthday celebration for a campmate and get to know you event in Fairfax, CA.

There will be Sacred Spaces Style Groovin' Acoustic Music, a Sauna Sweat Hut, Massage, and other good stuff from 2pm On.. the logistics and planning will be Noon to Two.

Please message me if you're interested and I can get you connected with an address or phone number for teleconference (12:30-1:30).

Luv
Veleda
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby ApolloPan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:24 am

Salutations! As a Wiccan minister & Reiki practitioner, I'd be happy to donate some time & energy at your camp. Divination and possibly guided meditation sessions sound like excellent playa gifts to me. Have had some experience in stearing dustdevils away from the crowd on Burn nights as well; some experience with ceremonial/Thelemic systems. Any interest in guided journey work/astral projection? Can provide an excellent view for Temple burn. Will shoot you an email, namaste.
ApolloPan

Postby ridingnitro » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Here are some peeps for you...
Attachments
Peep show.jpg
Peep show.jpg (17.56 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
ridingnitro

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: neXus

Postby BeckyBoodles » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Howdy do from a Half-Alaskan, Half-Australian, Earth-Kissing Second-Year Burner....

I can do guided meditations for men who want to have their menarche...tarot readings on how to kill the apocalypse...and goofily sacred rituals and spells to enhance people's abilities to die daily. I've been blessed with the pronoiac vibe, and I'll bring an air of fire-breathing, dust-licking, laughing-sky-orgasm-filled ordered chaos to the camp.

Interested in me yet? ;)

email me at rebeccafaythe10@yahoo.com

Eplaya name: BeckyBoodles

Everywhere-else-I-Feel-Like-But-Mostly-The-Playa Name: Bliss Diva.
BeckyBoodles

Postby veleda » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:04 pm

I sense a Discordian!! Hail Eris!

hahaha. Yay! Bring it on!
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby tara » Wed May 02, 2012 8:14 am

veleda wrote:We have a few people that don't do meals for dietary reasons and make a different arrangement as meals are a big part of the cost.

This sounds like a magical camp! :D

This will be my 1st yr at BM. I am looking around for a camp that I feel resonates with me. So far yours does. I will happily send you an email in the next few days. Till then, may I ask what kind of food is prepared/served at the camp? I'm a veggie, so am curious.

Many blessings and love. xo
"We all shine on....like the moon, and the stars, and the sun." xo
tara

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Postby veleda » Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 am

We have about a 60-40 split, 60% vegetarian or vegan, 40% meat-eating. We plan accordingly 3-4 dishes in each meal are vegetarian. We usually have a way to 'add meat' to them and provide one meat main course for those that are meat protein centric. A number of my friends that gluten-free/grain free do kind of paleo style diets. We try to accommodate the paleo and the vegan and i think do so pretty well! :D
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby tara » Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 am

veleda wrote:We have about a 60-40 split, 60% vegetarian or vegan, 40% meat-eating. We plan accordingly 3-4 dishes in each meal are vegetarian. We usually have a way to 'add meat' to them and provide one meat main course for those that are meat protein centric. A number of my friends that gluten-free/grain free do kind of paleo style diets. We try to accommodate the paleo and the vegan and i think do so pretty well! :D

That is so awesome! Thanks for the quick reply veleda! ;) <3
"We all shine on....like the moon, and the stars, and the sun." xo
tara

Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Postby veleda » Wed May 02, 2012 8:28 pm

No problem!

We have conference calls on Wednesdays.

First Wednesday - new campmate orientation/welcoming call.. q/a, how to get involved, what we're doing , etc

2nd and 4th Wednesdays - Team calls - Stage/Content, Infrastructure, Operations, and Temple

3rd Wednesday - Core Conference - all team leads.

and our webpage has a series of forums too for generally getting to know people..planning etc..

and we have a little social facebook group...all sorts of ways to connect in!
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby b23 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Heya!!!!!.... Hope this finds everyone on this list doing well and enjoying this amazing springtime!!!... My friend and I are definitely interested in camping with you, and have a lot to offer... This will be my 12th time at bman, and most of our friends aren't going on account of the ticketing issue, so alas, we are looking for a new camp to link up with... I am an industrial electrician by trade, have a generator to share, and am great with camp design/setup... My friend is an amazing makeup artist... we are both fire performers as well!.. Email me at brendancrahan23@yahoo.com with more details! :D
b23

Postby veleda » Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 am

Hey there!

I am sure our main power guy, Coyote Eric, w ould love some help managing the power during the week. We have a playa walkie talkie for power issues.. so splitting up who is on that would be great. :) And I am sure St. Rainbow, would appreciate some layout help in those first 24 hours as its a crazy fun madhouse. and Justina would probably love to hook you on some makeup and fire artistry. We are doing two big shows Tuesday and Friday.. and having a night time ritual and open fire performance space at sunset.

so lots of ways to connect in!
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby veleda » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Hey there!

I just wanted to say that we're still looking for 20-30 ticketed campmates for our large village this year.

We are a great camp for virgins and other healers/artists/mystical types.
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby veleda » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi everyone!

We're getting together next Saturday for SF Pre-Compression to have a little camp meet-n-greet!

If you are interested in our village and would like to come check us out.. we would love to have you!

https://www.facebook.com/events/431076996925824/
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby zoltrix » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:54 am

Hi, This is my first burn. I'm looking for a camp to hang out with... I am bringing an RV (I have been told it has a built in generator, but that remains to be seen until I actually et my hands on it)... I think I'll be ok for food... I'm a photographer and would love to take portraits of people that I can email them as souvenirs... I also give a mean massage... I've been told that the best way to experience burning man is to participate... anyway, I'd love to hear from you guys... by the way, I'm flying in from Europe, so i don't actually know anyone at BRC... thanks!
zoltrix

Postby Belle_Starr » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:44 am

what are your camp dues/ meal plan dues?
Belle_Starr

Postby alvin1978 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:03 am

Greetings!

We are 4 people living in Europe who are going to the Burning Man this year. Two of us have already been a couple of times at the Playa and the other two are BM virgins.

We really would like to join your camp, sorry for the short notice. We'll be happy to pay fees -as long as they fit with our budget- and work at any task in the camp. Besides, two of us could run a class of yoga for begginers and I also could lead some meditation -traditional or even dynamic-. We've been in the Ascension Tribe Camp before, which was a camp with similar activities and they were very happy of having us. Unfortunately this camp is no longer being set up at the Playa so we'd be delighted of joining you if possible :-)

My name is Alvaro, please contact me if you are interested in us.

Cheers!
alvin1978

Burning Since: 2008

Next

Return to 2012 Theme Camps