Question about MV registration

Planning to build and bring a mutant vehicle? Talk about your plans and recruit crew members here.

Question about MV registration

Postby penrose » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:05 am

Mine was invited last year. This year I'm building an improved version, using lessons learned. It is not built yet so there can be no photographs. Will it be helpful or will it be confusing to the selection team if I include (potentially modified) pictures of my existing MV? This would be to illustrate concepts, though details will differ. Thank you.
penrose

Re: Question about MV registration

Postby trilobyte » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:49 am

It's only as confusing as you make it. Make sure your images/photos/diagrams are all clearly labeled and annotated and everything should be fine.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Question about MV registration

Postby lemur » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 pm

as someone who does these processing sessions i would say that i personally prefer sketches, done by hand.. rather than photoshop creations/modifications

many examples show that its really hard at times to tell what the final vehicle will look like in a photoshop or google sketchup or even a 3D rendering.. and that when asked for a different image and we get back a simple sketch.. its a lot easier to determine what the final vehicle will look like

my opinion: provide a sketch of your best estimation of what you think the final vehicle will look like.. show all the important angles the DMV might need to see depending on the particulars of your mutation

it doesnt have to be great! but for me personally.. a sketch tends towards being easier to figure out the intent.

ideal scenerio as i can see it?

include a sketch, or sketches, of your idea of the final vehicles appearance, detail all the stuff you plan to do and will be doing to the vehicle in the mutant vehicles mutation section of the app.. and if you feel like doing some photoshop mockups of the former vehicle post some on a website, like flickr, or another free photo sharing site, or yer own website.. and include that link in the application.

good luck!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Return to 2012 Mutant Vehicles