Sacred Spaces Village seek Art Car Camp: funandgoodtimes?

Planning to build and bring a mutant vehicle? Talk about your plans and recruit crew members here.

Sacred Spaces Village seek Art Car Camp: funandgoodtimes?

Postby veleda » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:50 pm

hey everyone!

I doubt I will get a response to this but here goes..

I am one of the main founders of a fantastic village. We're normally located 4:20 and Esplanade. We're a mystical visionary arts , yoga, sacred music , and healing camp. We host a downtempo tea lounge and art gallery along with many workshops, and live and DJed music. We have a variety of camps in the village doing a bunch of awesome stuff - performance gourmet cooking , aerieal and circus arts, visionary arts, sacred music, tea and coffee. What we don't have as a camp with an art car ! Most of our infrastructure people are more wood, electrical, etc and less fire and welding.. so we haven't manifested one on our own so far.. Our vibe at home on the playa is how we like it..filled with heart, good people, cushy, and homey. We're looking for something fun and zany and playful but still spiritual in terms of art carness.. cause we do a lot of deep and intense personal transformational work in the village. Intergalatic space alien ambassadors or time traveling steampunk esotericists might be fun. .. we're open.. We will probably figure this out and make it happen one of these years but our budget and time hasn't allowed us given we do a large visionary arts village temple project each year.

In the off chance that there is a camp with an art car out there..that is mystically inclined (but in a non-pretentious chill and authentic way) that thinks it would be fun to collaborate with other mystic peeps and might like hooking into a really strong core team that works well together.. great kitchen crew..great infrastructure crew.. in short.. I love my campmates. Shoot me an email. We think it could be a match made in heaven.

We are primarily SF-based though we have a San Diego, LA, Florida, Reno, Oregon, North Carolina, and Finland groupings.. If you would like maintenance help in terms of getting and keeping the car in shape.. though it would be good to be Reno or SF based..or maybe Portland..
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Re: Sacred Spaces Village seek Art Car Camp: funandgoodtimes

Postby Galaxo Magic » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Veleda, good luck with this. It took us three years of building the infrastructure of our camp before we embarked on our Mutant Vehicle. It was a LOT of work. The whole summer was spent on it. Once we drove it for the first time at BRC it made all the blood, sweat and tears worth it. Literally blood, sweat and tears. Even the drive out to BRC, the base vehicle broke the rear driver suspension just outside Nixon.

Good luck and let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I know you hope to find someone that already has something in the works, if not, then remember that the Mutant Vehicle applications need to be in by May 15.
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby veleda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:59 am

Hey Galaxomagic! Totally its a TON of effort! We haven't had the people power yet given we do such a big project within the camp to manage it. We really need a team of like 5-6 who do nothing else for the camp. I think if we had a someone with a cool idea, some skills, and some drive..we could get people to show up for it. I took a welding course last year..so I can kind of do things .. or we could find a group that has a vehicle..loves what we do and likes the idea of being part of a bigger thing..would appreciate some monetary backing (we distribute all camp dues back into the camp) and some labor pre-playa and on-playa to keep it up and run it... well even better. ;)

We'll see how it goes..definitely this year an art car is not in the works.. Next year may be a totally different thing.. with the ticket situation being what it has been.. we just don't have the capacity for it. I will let you know should we get something off the ground next year.
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby Galaxo Magic » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:17 am

With the ticket situation this year it is quite possible there are a few Mutant Vehicle owners without their camps. Maybe they will come here and read this and end up being a perfect match! Five months is lots of time!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby veleda » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Nothing so far.. oh well.! i figured it was worth a try. :) We'll keep crossing our fingers and looking for that right art car camp to share community with.

:: hugs ::
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:55 am

The title of this thread almost looks like Sacred Spaces is looking for a camp with a MV. Whereas, I think you are searching for a MV that has no camp and is looking to join a camp this year. Maybe start a new thread with the title: Sacred Spaces Village is looking for a Mutant Vehicle owner to join our camp! then post info about your camp. :-) Just an idea veleda.
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Frank the Vintner » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:40 am

We may have a match here. See my previous messages.

You can call me at 530 305-1617.

Frank
TANSTAAFL
Frank the Vintner

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:27 am

Frank, you're not thinking about leaving us, right? Right?
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Frank the Vintner » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:09 am

Of course not. Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro is my home. Why would I leave my favorite bunch of wankers and reprobates?
TANSTAAFL
Frank the Vintner

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21 am

Of course, what was I thinking? After all, you've already paid your dues.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:19 pm

And what is burningman about if not sticking with unsatisfactory neighbors because you've already paid?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby veleda » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:22 pm

more reasons to be indebted to barbie death camp and wine bistro!! first help with layouts a few years ago and now this. :)

We're super stoked... especially given the dragon is our main camp symbol. I've been trying to figure out a fun and whimsical costumes all morning for wearing on Sea-Duh.

Our small Reno pod is also quite happy to have an opportunity to get to work on her.
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Return to 2012 Mutant Vehicles