Were not in Kansas anymore!

Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby tilly » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:16 am

:twisted: So Speak to us about the omni present media and police. I saw it did you?
Well when?
tilly
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:55 am
Location: SLC

Intro

Postby colinrgodsey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:19 am

Hello! I am a playa virgin, going this year and very excited to participate at such an awesome event with such amazing people! I'm an engineer in Chicago, and eager for a place/time to let my creative energy flow.

Goals:
*Not die
*Keep hydrated (see above)
*Volunteer at a theme camp
*Camp solo
*Bring solar panels/charger for lights and fans
*Learn to spin poi
*Play a set of my odd D&B/Electro music somewhere
*Have an awesome time
User avatar
colinrgodsey
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby colinrgodsey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:52 am

huh, i appear to have posted in... a post, and not a forum. my bad :) mods... feel free to delete the above
User avatar
colinrgodsey
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Intro

Postby SquirrelHead » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:13 am

colinrgodsey wrote:Hello! I am a playa virgin, going this year and very excited to participate at such an awesome event with such amazing people! I'm an engineer in Chicago, and eager for a place/time to let my creative energy flow.

Goals:
*Not die
*Keep hydrated (see above)
*Volunteer at a theme camp
*Camp solo
*Bring solar panels/charger for lights and fans
*Learn to spin poi
*Play a set of my odd D&B/Electro music somewhere
*Have an awesome time


I am going to go with it and say WELCOME TO EPLAYA! I too am a virgin but there is TONS of great information on how to survive and have a blast at TTITD.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
dirty little reclaimed BURGIN. Ruining Burning Man since 2012.
User avatar
SquirrelHead
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby ygmir » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:25 am

I like you guys's posts better, anyway, well done thread drift!!

welcome!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby colinrgodsey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:32 am

hehe :oops: , thankyou both
User avatar
colinrgodsey
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Intro

Postby wh..sh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:54 am

colinrgodsey wrote:Goals:
*Not die

I like this. Welcome to eplaya!
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
User avatar
wh..sh
 
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby illy dilly » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:11 am

colinrgodsey wrote:huh, i appear to have posted in... a post, and not a forum. my bad :) mods... feel free to delete the above

Well, it looks like an upgrade to the thread anyway... Plus, nothing says "I'm good at this" like jacking a thread with your very first post.
So welcome, to eplaya!

You have a pretty awesome list of goals there! Leaves a lot of room for change.
Only thing I'd add
*Not get TOO sun burned
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
User avatar
illy dilly
 
Posts: 4798
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby colinrgodsey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 pm

illy dilly wrote:
colinrgodsey wrote:huh, i appear to have posted in... a post, and not a forum. my bad :) mods... feel free to delete the above

Well, it looks like an upgrade to the thread anyway... Plus, nothing says "I'm good at this" like jacking a thread with your very first post.
So welcome, to eplaya!

You have a pretty awesome list of goals there! Leaves a lot of room for change.
Only thing I'd add
*Not get TOO sun burned


lol. Thankyou. I figure, if you're going to do something embarrassing, might as well take it all the way ;)
User avatar
colinrgodsey
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:46 pm

colinrgodsey wrote:lol. Thankyou. I figure, if you're going to do something embarrassing, might as well take it all the way ;)


You sir, are a god.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Orlando, FL/Kailua, HI
Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby Sham » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Welcome colinrgodsey. Well you hijacked a 7 year old thread for your introduction. Very well played my friend. You'll fit in just fine here with this bunch of twisted souls!
Glad to have you here! Make yourself at home.
User avatar
Sham
Moderator
 
Posts: 6268
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 am
Location: The hidden mythical place.....

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby colinrgodsey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Shambala wrote:Welcome colinrgodsey. Well you hijacked a 7 year old thread for your introduction. Very well played my friend. You'll fit in just fine here with this bunch of twisted souls!
Glad to have you here! Make yourself at home.


I cant believe 2005 ws 7 years ago...

Its amazing that i can ride this corpse of a thread in here (simpsons reference?) and be received so welcomely. Im excited to say/do all sorts of embarrassing things on this forum, and soon the playa :-)
User avatar
colinrgodsey
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby jkisha » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby TomServo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 am

RECYCLE!! Awesome! Welcome to eplaya!!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
User avatar
TomServo
 
Posts: 6017
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby foxoldrose » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:34 pm

:?: :?: :?: :?: Eh.......And why ?
Health is not everything.But without health, everything is nothing. So is the shoes . It's

important to choose a pair of shoes to fit yourself . So love today . Lopve tomorrow . Love

future .
foxoldrose
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:27 pm
Location: New York

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby TomServo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:56 pm

well, it's good for the environment. Recycled threads I'm not sure, but it can't hurt.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
User avatar
TomServo
 
Posts: 6017
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Re: Were not in Kansas anymore!

Postby colinrgodsey » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:30 am

foxoldrose wrote::?: :?: :?: :?: Eh.......And why ?


Maybe there is a need for thread recycling, maybe there isn't.

Can we be certain their isn't? No, so it's pointless to talk about.

User avatar
colinrgodsey
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Chicago, IL


Return to Introduce Yourself!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: smilemore and 2 guests