2 spare seats in Motorhome from Vegas to Burning Man

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

2 spare seats in Motorhome from Vegas to Burning Man

Postby l.rose.88 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi everybody! Im an Aussie traveller and I'VE HIRED A MOTORHOME WITH TOILET, SHOWER & BEDS FROM LAS VEGAS.
Am planning on doing a road trip from Vegas to Burning Man from 21st Aug - 27th August and then will be driving back to Vegas from Burning Man 4th - 6th Sept.

I HAVE 2 SPARE SEATS/BEDS IN THE VAN which I would love to giveaway for *FREE* in exchange for good company and shared petrol/gas. Pls let me know ASAP if you would like to join. I will be staying in a backpacker hostel in Vegas before the trip, which can be a meeting place for the trip to start from, or im happy to pick up people along the way. LET ME KNOW ASAP as the thought of driving on the wrong side of the road for 10 hrs is also a bit daunting* so shared driving would also be awsome* but not a neccessity.

Cheers

Lauren.
You can reply to this, find me on Facebook under Lauren Tyson or l.rose.88(at)hotmail(dot)com

edited by mod to make email less susceptible.
l.rose.88

Re: 2 spare seats in Motorhome from Vegas to Burning Man

Postby BBadger » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:40 pm

Lauren, this forum regularly gets scanned by spammers for email addresses. You should rely on private messages for replies, as they'll give you an email notice.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:05 am

l.rose.88 wrote:I'VE HIRED A MOTORHOME WITH TOILET, SHOWER & BEDS FROM LAS VEGAS.

A word of advise. You probably DON'T want to use those particular anemities. Toilet might be okay for peeing at night, but don't crap in it--you'll be smelling it in no small order. And the waste water tank fills quickly and the water tank empties quickly. The advantages of a motorhome are low dust and ac. Also, you might want to think about getting a chunk of change from your rv-mates to be returned when (and if) the Winnebago is returned to the satisfaction of the rental company--no breakage, no dust. And look around for the threads about rvs. There's a lot to learn.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Savannah » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Welcome to the board, Lauren.

Here are two of my favorite RV threads:

Exp. RVers: Suggestions for House rules for renting an RV
viewtopic.php?t=34551

Keeping the RV dust-free (well, as dust-free as possible)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46062

You shouldn't have any difficulty finding takers. I know there are some other folks from Oz (or other places overseas) in the Introduce Yourself forum, who might like to join you. Make sure they have tickets first.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby CodedSteve » Thu May 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi Lauren,

do you still have a spare spot in your motorhome?

Regards
CodedSteve

Postby garyt » Fri May 04, 2012 5:54 am

Lauren,

Post this on the Las Vegas Burning Man Official Group on Facebook as well. Good luck!

Gary
garyt

Return to Transportation