young couple new to burning man, looking for a tribe..

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

young couple new to burning man, looking for a tribe..

Postby robtacular » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi, all!

My name's Robby, and I'm 27 and living in the flathead valley (northwest montana). My girlfriend and I are burning man virgins, have tickets, and are looking to join a group heading to burning man. I realize it would be a far more interesting experience camping with others in a big set up rather than merely my girlfriend and I alone in a tent, so we are seeking a fun group to join who is driving there from the northern midwest U.S., and would like two artisans (I play guitar/djembe and my girlfriend draws) in their crew.. We would be happy to contribute to the gas fund. Just let me know, by emailing me at robtacular66 (at) gmail.com. Thanks!
robtacular

Re: young couple new to burning man, looking for a tribe..

Postby moonrise » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:17 pm

It is possible you can "shout out" on some regional lists. Your area may have 1 to 3 or more BM Sanctioned lists. Event announce, discussion and possibly others.
I have met and become close to more burners then I can count through my regional list. I love them! Fambly, ya know?

Also, have you tried bookface and the other online social places? Even craiglist, if ya gotta.

http://regionals.burningman.com/ look for your region/state, sign up, email the co-ordinator and ask about "shout outs". You may be amazed and good luck and...

Welcome! :P
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Re: young couple new to burning man, looking for a tribe..

Postby Savannah » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi Robtacular!

You could also sign up with & subsequently meet up with a camp once you get to the event. Try the 2012 Theme Camps forum and look particularly under Theme Camps Seeking Participants:

viewforum.php?f=283

But look at the other individual threads there, too. Note: A theme camp is not mandatory on the least.

I'm not sure this is actually LIVE or active yet, but it will be active closer to the event.

http://rideshare.burningman.com/ridesha ... -man-2012/
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to Transportation