Getting a ticket after registering for STEP

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Getting a ticket after registering for STEP

Postby bohemianish » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:43 pm

My partner and I registered with STEP. I haven't heard anything yet. In the meanwhile, it turned out that our camp was one that qualified for the camp ticket distribution. So we now have our tickets.

Does this mean that we have been automatically taken out of the STEP queue? Or, if I get an offer of tickets through STEP, can I pass them along to a friend? (Not going to buy them myself, since we have ours already... just wondering whether I'm giving people false hope by mentioning that I'm still in line for STEP tickets and that it's possible that they would be able to get tickets through this route.)
bohemianish

Burning Since: 2012

Re: Getting a ticket after registering for STEP

Postby trilobyte » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:09 pm

You'll likely be scrubbed from the STEP queue. Scrubbing the list is a manual process, I believe there will be another pass coming up next week.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby darthppringles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:33 pm

When they "scrub" the queue, and one is taken out of the line, do they notify the person saying so?
darthppringles

Postby jazure » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:58 pm

I hope I don't automatically get scrubbed entirely. I registered for 2 tickets, but my theme camp could only assign me one. I still need another ticket and am hoping that STEP is where it comes from. If they pull me out of STEP and I don't get an additional ticket, I will be pretty bummed.
jazure

Postby havoc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:23 am

trilobyte wrote:You'll likely be scrubbed from the STEP queue. Scrubbing the list is a manual process, I believe there will be another pass coming up next week.

any idea about the criteria they use for scrubbing? i'd also be curious if they do notifies if/when someone is scrubbed...
havoc

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:50 am

Some of it is a list of known scalpers, I believe. They are also looking for duplicate entries. If you got a step tickets, you are, I believe, disqualified from STEP. I don't know about two tickets, although I think that's not permitted.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 pm

The guidelines for STEP are pretty straightforward. First question of the FAQ reads:
Q: Who can BUY tickets through STEP?
A: Only people who registered for the Pre-Sale or Main Sale but did not receive tickets are eligible to purchase tickets through this program. If you have bought a ticket through any other means you are ineligible to use STEP.

Directed ticket distribution counts as any other means and would make you ineligible for STEP. Yes I'm familiar with the criteria used for scrubbing the lists. While those details aren't public, they are to intended to remove scalpers/speculators (and their known proxies), as well as duplicate entries and those who have purchased a ticket through any other means. A notification of queue cancellation would not be sent out, only a notification if a secondary ticket purchase had been canceled.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby jazure » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks. Well crap - if I have the theme camp put someone else's name on the ticket (we have lots of people in need still), I wonder if I can then get one from STEP, or if I have already had my 2 ticket registration removed. I got registered within the 1st 10 minutes and was starting to think that I might get picked soon.

sigh...
jazure

Postby trilobyte » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Sorry, that info was posted before either the STEP registration started or directed ticket distribution codes went out.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby bohemianish » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:39 pm

trilobyte wrote:You'll likely be scrubbed from the STEP queue. Scrubbing the list is a manual process, I believe there will be another pass coming up next week.

Thanks for this info. It'd be nice to get a notification of being scrubbed, just to know for sure, but I'm sure it would be just as annoying to manually notify everyone as it would be to manually scrub everyone. In other words, I don't envy all y'all manual scrubbers.
bohemianish

Burning Since: 2012

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion