greetings from a burner 'in spirit'!

greetings from a burner 'in spirit'!

Postby donmusic » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:55 pm

In'Lakesh ~ I'm Bezi (BAY-zee), Bay Area rapper, multi-instrumentalist, singer/songwriter, published essayist, aspiring author, filmmaker, activist and aspiring organizer. More about that in a minute. I've been interested in Burningman for a long time, watching it expand, controversies around that expansion, etc. I considered attending but decided against it primarily for logistical reasons. I don't drive, plus I have health conditions that complicate hanging out in very dry and dusty climates. I'm always into meeting cool new peeps, both online and in the real world.

As a potential third political party organizer, I decided to write a research paper for school about the possibility of uniting progressive activists (i.e. Occupy) and 'alternative lifestyle' (not that I'm super-crazy about that term) folks - who seem to me to have complimentary values - in a vanguard sociopolitical meta-movement. Now I'm trying to find people who wouldn't mind responding to a short survey I created to produce statistical data on this question. It's not nearly as boring or uptight as it may sound. Since there is a growing discussion about integrating alternative lifestyle approaches and organized political resistance (i.e. see the website Reality Sandwich), this research project, if successfully carried out, could have broader ramifications than just getting a good grade. So - how about you? Would you like to add your voice to a potentially important scholarly report? Really... it's not boring! I'm one of the most easygoing cats you could ever meet... with an intriguing story around why. If any of this sounds remotely interesting, by all means respond to this thread, or by contacting me directly at:

kyholm7 (at) aol (dot) com.

Appreciating you in advance, looking forward to hearing from/meeting you! :D
donmusic

Re: greetings from a burner 'in spirit'!

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:25 pm

People on this board don't really like being a sociology project. Especially for people who've never been to the burn.
You actually seem to have put some effort in this thing, so the response may not be as sharp as it usually is, but you may want to brace yourself.
Some people will probably fill it out. There is a diversity of so many things on this board.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Take the blue pill.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby donmusic » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Cryptofishist - thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm not the first, though:

http://blogs.du.edu/today/news/research ... -attendees

there are other academic studies too. I'm not able to make anyone into something they're not. And my belief in the possibility of a truly integrated social response to the planet's ills is indicative, to me, of taking the red pill. Definitely seeing "how deep the rabbit hole goes", on a number of levels. I could say a lot about my own trajectory of self-actualization but this isn't really supposed to be about me personally. I mean... I could say some more about that if folks are interested.
donmusic

Postby jkisha » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:00 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Savannah » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi Bezi!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:52 pm

donmusic wrote:Cryptofishist - thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm not the first, though:

http://blogs.du.edu/today/news/research ... -attendees

If I wasn't exhausted from making a list of ticket solutions, I'd find all the people who posted on here for papers...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Introduce Yourself!