March 24 Theme Camp Forum

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

March 24 Theme Camp Forum

Postby trilobyte » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:07 pm

As a reminder, the March Theme Camp Forum is coming up this weekend. I was able to take part in the first one in February, it was a good chance to hear from the placement team and other key people at Burning Man about a number of topics that affect camps of all shapes and sizes, as well as give them some feedback and ask questions. Topics ranged from Tips for completing a successful theme camp questionnaire to early arrival passes, gate, health department, arranging deliveries, and the issue of Plug & Play camping. As you can imagine, in the first session a lot of time was spent on the issue of tickets and the Directed Ticket Distribution program, so there was very little time to discuss Plug & Play and its impact on Burning Man - this time around I expect that issue will get a lot more time and attention.

Where: Burning Man HQ (995 Market Street, just off 6th - easy access to Muni/BART Powell St. station)
When: This Saturday, March 24th - 11AM to 2PM

If you'd like to attend, please RSVP to rachel@burningman.com to reserve a spot.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: March 24 Theme Camp Forum

Postby pink » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:26 am

Any notes or comments on this meeting? I had to work, so I couldn't watch on the web like the last one.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby trilobyte » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:41 am

None from me, I participated in the session last month.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby tamarakay » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Dang it. Ken and I wanted to listen to this again as last time we had audio difficulties. Completely spaced it out yesterday.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby retropsycho » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:57 pm

I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
retropsycho

Return to 2012 Theme Camps