Plug and Play Ticket Bandits

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Plug and Play Ticket Bandits

Postby BBadger » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Who mentioned camp dues in this thread? I guess it's just about as on topic as the corkscrew penises.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby LegendZero » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:43 pm

I dont know if its even worth mentioning but in an attempt to be on topic, janus states in the other thread that he did get tickets from the placement team, LNT be damned.
LegendZero

Postby moonrise » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:46 pm

They took my friends tickets!

Pitchforks and Torches! Arrrrg!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby BBadger » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:50 pm

LegendZero wrote:I dont know if its even worth mentioning but in an attempt to be on topic, janus states in the other thread that he did get tickets from the placement team, LNT be damned.

LNT is the only objective measure for camps. So it is only fair that if Playaskool has cleaned up its area properly it can receive tickets. If you can come up with other objective measures that would exclude a camp like Playaskool from tickets let's hear them.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

BBadger

Postby LegendZero » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:47 am

My understanding was that they were red, my apologies if I was wrong. My point was simply to answer the earlier question
Is there any actual evidence that these "radical entitlement camps" are getting tickets?

If you substitute the official term plug-and-play for the epithet "radical entitlement camps" the answer is Yes as Janus clearly states he got tickets. I make no judgement on whether anyone deserves to get a ticket through directed distribution or otherwise except in as far that LNT was adopted as the primary standard and that therefore any red camp should probably not be getting directed tickets by that standard..

I personally think its a distraction from the ticketing situation now that the uproar has died down. I also think the only reason it matters is because suddenly there is is a shortage of availability. If everyone could burn there would be less angst in every direction.
LegendZero

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:12 am

LegendZero wrote:If everyone could burn there would be less angst in every direction.

Ah, Torquemada's philosophy in a nut shell...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby ZaphodBurner » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:17 pm

BBadger wrote:That corkscrew shaped penis reminded me of:

zoo.gif

Fucking SPACEMOOSE! Wow, it's been a long time. My (gay self-proclaimed big fat bitch) boss introduced me to this back when the Moose was still harassing the feminists and sodomizing his roommates. (Trivia...the Romans referred to their catapults as Onagers because of the way they bucked and kicked like the animal when the crews fired them.)
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby pink » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:45 pm

LegendZero wrote:I dont know if its even worth mentioning but in an attempt to be on topic, janus states in the other thread that he did get tickets from the placement team, LNT be damned.

What thread? In the blog he said he was still waiting to hear from Placement, but was 'sure the red blotch would be overlooked, so the 100 or so people in his 200 person camp without tickets would get some' (paraphrased).

Whereby he was soundly told that red splotches were BAD, and the camp tix were for core people, and if half his camp had tix then it seemed like they had enough to build the camp.

I can't believe someone could burn for 13 years as he claims to have, and seem so utterly clueless and self-entitled.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby LegendZero » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:48 pm

It is on the plug and play camps thread here http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=54822&p=816742#p816742
Headmaster Janus wrote: Currently we have 22 total Core Mal-Mart members with tickets (7 lottery, 15 from BMOrg & Placement [THANK YOU!!!]).
LegendZero

Postby diss0nance » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:14 pm

LegendZero wrote:It is on the plug and play camps thread here http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=54822&p=816742#p816742
Headmaster Janus wrote: Currently we have 22 total Core Mal-Mart members with tickets (7 lottery, 15 from BMOrg & Placement [THANK YOU!!!]).

That was someone talking about mal-mart not play)a(school.
diss0nance

Burning Since: 2004

Postby BBadger » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:25 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:Fucking SPACEMOOSE! Wow, it's been a long time. My (gay self-proclaimed big fat bitch) boss introduced me to this back when the Moose was still harassing the feminists and sodomizing his roommates. (Trivia...the Romans referred to their catapults as Onagers because of the way they bucked and kicked like the animal when the crews fired them.)

Haha, awesome! Somebody else who recognizes that great comic. It's consequently the inspiration for my nickname.

BBadger

Postby Lord Of Ruin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Is there any actual evidence that these "radical entitlement camps" are getting tickets?.....

I just want to point out that just because you can afford to throw money at the problem, doesn't mean you are entitled. Entitlement normally means that you expect others to do things for you just because...well..you're entitled. I may not choose to burn that way, but if you can afford to spend money having someone cook for you, bring you an RV, etc well then....that just employed a handful of people. I've found many of the luxury camps to be quite giving/sharing...sometimes to a degree that others simply cannot be due to their resources.

I'll worry about that influence when it gets large enough to be more than .00001% of the total burn attendees!

LoR
The fox provides for himself, but God provides for the lion - W. Blake (attribution corrected)
Lord Of Ruin

Postby smolek » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:12 am

moonrise wrote:They took my friends tickets!

Pitchforks and Torches! Arrrrg!

really? :twisted:
smolek

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion