put 2 tickets in the STEP program

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

put 2 tickets in the STEP program

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:24 pm

So my husband and I decided not to attend BM this year on account that we want to try and get pregnant again sometime soon since our daughter will be 3 in July. Our friends were going to take the tickets but decided not to go this year either. So I put them in the STEP program! (your welcome) :wink:

I figured since there is such a long line of people waiting for tickets that I would hear back immediately but so far have heard nothing. Does anyone have any idea of - about on average - how long it takes for the money to go back into your account? We are planning a trip to Las Vegas soon for a last hoorah / baby making vacation (lol) so we are hoping to get the money soon! thanks for anyone who has answers!

love,
Brii <3
"One good thing about music: When it hits you - you feel no pain" - Bob Marley
Brianna_Beauty413

Re: put 2 tickets in the STEP program

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Wow, nobody else in here put a ticket in the STEP program huh? lol
Brianna_Beauty413

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Okay. If your tickets were offered to someone who didn't check his/her email, or had to scrap up money, they'd have to do it in three days (I assume that's 72 hours) before they went to the next person in line. However, from what Trilo said elsewhere in this sub-forum, there's a possibility that your tickets are stuck in a cue while waiting for someone to get a suitable match. They won't split a pair into two singles, so if the person at the head of the cue is a single, he or she will not be offered a ticket until someone gives up a single. So you could be waiting for someone out there to put a single into the step cue, and that could be a while. I guess.

All this is if I understood and remember trilo's post correctly.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby lemur » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Brianna_Beauty413 wrote:Wow, nobody else in here put a ticket in the STEP program huh? lol

this thread only has 59 views.. so uhh..... probably havnt covered all the possible people yet ;-)
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Savannah » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Brianna_Beauty413 wrote:Wow, nobody else in here put a ticket in the STEP program huh? lol

ePlayans who know other Burners without tickets are slightly more likely to sell directly to them, that's all. :)

It's if you don't (personally) know a Burner that STEP is likely to be utilized. I'm sure someone will be very grateful for your STEP tickets, & you are guaranteed to have takers. Thank you on behalf of the person who will not know they came from you.

The offer is open to one taker for up to 72 hours; if the person doesn't seize it in that amount of time, the offer goes to the next person in line. So, a time frame could be as much as 72 hours (or 72 hours and 1 min, if the offer goes to the next in line!) plus time for a refund to be processed to your card (i.e., I'm guessing as many as 3-5 business days more, but don't quote me).
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Astrochuppa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:45 pm

As someone in the STEP queue.... thankyou on behalf of myself and all others :)
Astrochuppa

Postby trilobyte » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 am

Relax. It's entirely possible that the person who was offered the tickets wasn't sitting in front of their computer at the time the offer email went out. People have 72 hours to respond to the offer email, then they'll go to the next person in the queue if they have not been purchased.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby lucky420 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:17 am

Briana_Beauty,

Thank you so much for offering your tickets back through STEP. You will be making someone very happy!

Sorry that we won't see you in the dust this year but have fun in Vegas and good luck to you and your husband on the baby making :wink: .

Thanks again Doll!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby usurpedus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:21 am

thank you! karma will reward you
usurpedus

Postby boliver » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:17 pm

lucky420 wrote:Thank you so much for offering your tickets back through STEP. You will be making someone very happy!

That could be me! I got a step ticket last night. For the purposes of this i will assume it was from you.

THANK YOU
boliver

Postby lucky420 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 pm

woohoo boliver! Congratulations :lol:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Your welcome you guys.

And may I say - a big sorry for everyone who is a Barbarian that I didn't ask if they needed a ticket first. I thought you were getting tickets through the ones being handed out from the original main sale. I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone with my actions that are from the camp I was planning on staying with. I was trying to do the right thing with putting them in the STEP program. Once again, sorry. But I do know that I am going to make 2 people very happy campers this year...literally. Hope to see you all in the future years. Stay dusty for me!

love,
Bri <3
Brianna_Beauty413

Postby Savannah » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:18 am

Brianna_Beauty413 wrote:Your welcome you guys.

And may I say - a big sorry for everyone who is a Barbarian that I didn't ask if they needed a ticket first. I thought you were getting tickets through the ones being handed out from the original main sale. I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone with my actions that are from the camp I was planning on staying with. I was trying to do the right thing with putting them in the STEP program. Once again, sorry. But I do know that I am going to make 2 people very happy campers this year...literally. Hope to see you all in the future years. Stay dusty for me!

love,
Bri <3

You're very sweet, but I hope you don't feel apologetic for too long. :) It was an honest mistake (if one even wants to call it that--I wouldn't) and you've made 2 people somewhere very happy. There are loads of nice people on ePlaya who are in STEP, and the same beyond this message board.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby SquirrelHead » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:44 pm

I am sorry that you won't be making it to TTITD Bri but thank you for adding your tickets to the STEP program. It has helped a lot of us that didn't get them in the main sale.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
dirty little reclaimed BURGIN. Ruining Burning Man since 2012.
SquirrelHead

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion