Apogaea tickets sold out

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Apogaea tickets sold out

Postby mshaman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:17 am

Apogaea, the Colorado regional burn, sold out in just under 2 hours last night. Tickets are non-transferable to mitigate scalping and hoarding, and the sale went off without a hitch. There were no infrastructure hangups or system delays, the sale was smooth, and the results were rational. Congratulations Apogaea for running a responsible, well thought-out process. Tickets were $80, a total of 1300 of them.
The road of life is littered with flat squirrels who couldn't decide.
mshaman

Re: Apogaea tickets sold out

Postby CapSmashy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:49 am

If it has not already begun, the whining crowd will descend with all manner of half cocked conspiracies as to why they did not get a ticket.

The only people that will think it was a reasonable and a well thought out process will be those who got a ticket and a few others that understand limited supply for available demand dynamics. The rest, well, just take a look around the ticketing section here for examples of what to expect.
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.
CapSmashy

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby illy dilly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:14 am

This is absolute bull shit!
I wanted a ticket!As a participating member of the Denver Regional Burning Man community I deserve a ticket! This is the first year I'm able to get the days off work, I'm entitled to a first timers ticket!
I even requested the days off work already.

The ticket process was unfair!
Tickets went on sale during my favorite TV show. How can they expect people to be on the computer while they're favorite TV show is on!
This is absolutely unfair!

CapSmashy wrote:If it has not already begun, the whining crowd will descend with all manner of half cocked conspiracies

:wink:
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby mshaman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:27 am

@CapSmashy, @Illy Dilly, Where is the "like" button on this thing? :-)

Yes, the complaints about not getting a ticket have started on the Apogaea Facebook group, but only 1 or 2, and I haven't heard anyone say it was "unfair" just shock that it's over. We threw ticket buying parties, let everyone on the boards know it was gonna hit hard and fast this year after the mainstreaming of burner culture, so no one really has a leg to stand on. My favorite part is the fact that tickets are non-transferable (no scalping/hoarding), and that everyone knows exactly where they stand months in advance, no dragging it out through a multistage lottery with continuously changing rules. Wanna do a theme camp? Fine. You either have a ticket or you don't. No screwing around, minimum drama. Whew.
mshaman

Postby moonrise » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:34 am

Ha! You think that's bad, our regional is Burning Man and it too sold out! Fuck! (luckily I got a ticket, but countless numbers of my friends didn't, fuck!)
So what do ya' think of THAT!

I KNOW We'll just spill over into all the various alternate mini events around these parts, BMHQ sanctioned or not.
Yes, let it spread, hopefully in a responsible LNT etc manner, because some locals hate Burning Man (what a shame for them and all of us).
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby trilobyte » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:45 pm

There's been a marked increase in participation of most of the regionals this year. Partly following the awesomeness of last year's CORE burn, and partly in the wake of what's happened with Burning Man. And it doesn't hurt that festivals and campouts overall are seeing healthy increases in numbers. Congrats to the Colorado regional group (as well as Arizona and any others that have reached sold out status), I hope your events go even better than you'd hoped and that next year things will be able to grow and expand as needed.

@moonrise - what I think about that is the people claiming Burning Man as their regional are too lazy to plan and create their own event. ;) Which is a real shame, because there's some really pretty country out there and I bet some of the Reno burners know some really amazing locations and spaces.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Onion » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh no! It sold out?
No Apogaea for me
Better luck next time

Actually no
I lie, I got a ticket
this summer will rock

I apologize
I have haiku on the brain
hardy hardy har
Onion

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dragon Lotus Camp

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:01 pm

It is a sinister plot.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby ygmir » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:It is a sinister plot.

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby mshaman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:15 pm

OK, so one angry sound camp that thought somehow they'd get tickets in a few days or weeks has popped up complaining about how tickets sold out... they're now going to another grass-roots event called "the other burn". But we have 2 sound camp applicants for each available space, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel at a loss for dub-step. Perhaps this is the unfair plot they were talking about... it was all just a conspiracy against their camp, this whole selling out fast thing.

I'm glad it's over, I'm glad that good actors (those who planned and saved money, etc.) got tickets, and that we know where to go from here without months of dragging on in the wake of a B.O.D.'s caprice.

I hope "the other burn" is a wild success, btw, because there is obviously more burn demand than supply now that burner culture has hit critical mass.
mshaman

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion