Anyone else actually EXCITED for BM 2012

Fertility 2.0 - Black Rock City is a kind of Petri dish. Theme camps cling in fertile clusters to its latticework of streets, artworks tumble out of it, like pollen on the air. These nodes of interaction mutate, grow and reproduce their kind. Burning Man communities have now escaped this capsule world: our culture in a Petri dish has effloresced - it spreads across five continents. This year's art theme contemplates the tendency of any being or living system to create abundant life.

Re: Anyone else actually EXCITED for BM 2012

Postby MrMullen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:30 pm

NOT. AT. ALL!

The ticket fiasco completely ruined it for us. I don't have any desire to build or organize any projects or camps without knowing that all the people who want to go with us can't get tickets. In our 7 person group, NO ONE GOT TICKETS and it just sucked the wind out of it. We were thinking of merging with another smallish camp to make a 15 - 20 person camp and it turns out the other group only got about 4 tickets. Right now, our planned group has tickets for 20% - 25% of the people.

My wife and I are just going to sit it out this year and see how it turns out. Ticket uncertainty was just too much for us. Next year, I'll get 5 credit cards, game the ticket system and get us tickets, but until then, we're going on a road trip.
--
Mr Mullen
MrMullen

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:Image

have been for a while.

oh well, hope you have a booty shaking time whatever "place you will go"...
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Galaxo Magic » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:04 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:Image

I can finally do a happy dance. Our theme camp got a few tickets allotted to us! We can happen! Core builders all taken care of! Happy dance time!!!!
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 am

I am super excited. I don't even have tickets yet -- I'm a waaaaay down in the STEP lineup (as are the friends I am hoping to go with). But I don't care; I'm over the moon with excitement that this might be the year I get to go back. I'm spending so much time reading and planning and dreaming.... I'm giddily obsessed now. :lol:

And if I don't make it to the front of the line, and this is not my year? Well, I'll be disappointed, of course, but by then I'll have spent so much time following all of your plans on ePlaya that I'll still be excited for the fact that BM is happening, and for all the amazing things that are going to happen there. :mrgreen:
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby hotmess » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 am

Was excited and frustrated at the same time. Then got gifted a ticket and am now over the moon!!!
hotmess

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Kamp Krusty

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:34 am

hotmess wrote:....got gifted a ticket and am now over the moon!!!

Yay! Congrats!

catinthefunnyhat wrote:I'm over the moon with excitement that this might be the year I get to go back.

You, me, and this gal:

ePlaya theme camp: Over the Moon. Right here. Plenty of room.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby The CO » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:56 am

Did you guys hear that NASA found bones on the moon?

Apparently, the cow didn't make it.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby snoozeberry » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:56 pm

I have been excited since I left the burn in 2011. I think about this more than I think about sex. The moment I get out of the car on the playa this year, I will probably start crying tears of happiness.
snoozeberry

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:44 pm

snoozeberry wrote: I have been excited since I left the burn in 2011. I think about this more than I think about sex.

Oh, sir... oh oh oh... I have them so mixed up in my mind I can't think of one without the other.

snoozeberry wrote:The moment I get out of the car on the playa this year, I will probably start crying tears of happiness.

8) 8) 8)

I expect I'll start crying when I smell the dust...
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby DrYes » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:59 am

Super excited. Plans all set to go, camp got placement, and although my fiance and I don't have tickets yet, I maintain irrational confidence that things will work out and we'll be raging in the desert come the end of August, either via camp tickets, STEP program, or otherwise.
Burning Man 2013 video || Burning Man 2013 photos
Burning Man 2012 video
Burning Man 2011 video

"We'll never leave, look at us now, so in love with the way we are."
DrYes

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Tasty Bits (w/ the Stimulus Tree)

Postby delle » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:13 am

MrMullen wrote:NOT. AT. ALL!

The ticket fiasco completely ruined it for us. I don't have any desire to build or organize any projects or camps without knowing that all the people who want to go with us can't get tickets. In our 7 person group, NO ONE GOT TICKETS and it just sucked the wind out of it. We were thinking of merging with another smallish camp to make a 15 - 20 person camp and it turns out the other group only got about 4 tickets. Right now, our planned group has tickets for 20% - 25% of the people.

My wife and I are just going to sit it out this year and see how it turns out. Ticket uncertainty was just too much for us. Next year, I'll get 5 credit cards, game the ticket system and get us tickets, but until then, we're going on a road trip.

That's the saddest thing I think I've ever read in here --- seriously.

I find I'm having almost as much fun helping other first-timers get ready to do it right as I had getting ready my own self. There's a whole lotta good in making sure that this burn is the best ever for whoever DOES get to go rather than wallowing in your own bitterness at not being able to go yourself.

That contribution is what makes this burn as much mine as anyone else's, whether I'm there or not!!

Of course I still have my sad moments, but I find this overrides it very effectively!!!
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby Rice » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:35 am

I love Burning Man!!

All the challenges that it presents me on and off the playa.. Hell YAH :)

To me, Burning Man is not supposed to be easy. Planning for the worse, hoping for the best. Maybe my stuff will die, maybe it won't. Whatever happens, it is always good.

It has been my experience that one can either embrace the challenges and overcome them one at a time or see them as increasing reasons to give up.

Embrace life! We only have one chance. So, have faith that it will, indeed, work out.

If you don't have a ticket, get involved in your regional group, introduce yourself to a camp or two, find a CORE project to embrace. Every contact you make is one step closer to having that ticket in your sweaty, excited hands. Hell, volunteer if you can. You never know what would have happened by doing nothing. Show everyone who you are and what you have to offer...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Sail Man » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:10 pm

After 4 yrs straight, last years burn was still burning a hole in our bank accounts for months afterward so the thinking was that I'd go solo this year and give the wife a break but after seeing the new ticketing procedure just decided to forgo it all together this year and concentrate on our regional burn.

But hey! Maybe myself and Sputnik can have our own little Eplaya MnG at lakes of Fire and capture some of the spirit :mrgreen:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Galaxo Magic » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:31 am

MyDearFriend wrote:
snoozeberry wrote: I have been excited since I left the burn in 2011. I think about this more than I think about sex.

Oh, sir... oh oh oh... I have them so mixed up in my mind I can't think of one without the other.

snoozeberry wrote:The moment I get out of the car on the playa this year, I will probably start crying tears of happiness.

8) 8) 8)

I expect I'll start crying when I smell the dust...

I know BurningMan is coming when the weather warms up and I turn on the AC in my truck (truck has been to 11 Burns) for the first time. The AC has a nice playa sent to it. I love it! Maybe I should go out there now and turn it on!!!!!
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Savannah » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:44 am

MyDearFriend wrote:

Ahahaha! :lol: ((((MyDearFriend))))
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby ApolloPan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Still burning with excitement, despite not having a ticket yet- hard to plan while waiting on STEP to deliver me unto the playa.
Then I remember how none of my playa-plans have EVER gone according to plan in 14 years! Laugh, step up to the new challenge, and get ready to burn again! Bringing back my old Pan's Garden set up for Fertility 2.0, and some new paintings besides. Wouldn't mind getting together a hoard of beads & necklacing materials in honor of my friends from Tabula Rasa, who may not make it out this year. Speaking of missing folks, has anyone got some good gossip about the Temple?
ApolloPan

Postby gerlachedNloaded » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:30 pm

oh yes indeedy. coming with a rad group of peoples, who will also be spearheading a CORE project this year, hopefully! it's gonna be a good year :D
I am HORSE
gerlachedNloaded

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: ShadeWhores

Postby MrMullen » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:56 pm

delle wrote:That's the saddest thing I think I've ever read in here --- seriously.

I find I'm having almost as much fun helping other first-timers get ready to do it right as I had getting ready my own self. There's a whole lotta good in making sure that this burn is the best ever for whoever DOES get to go rather than wallowing in your own bitterness at not being able to go yourself.

That contribution is what makes this burn as much mine as anyone else's, whether I'm there or not!!

Of course I still have my sad moments, but I find this overrides it very effectively!!!

With my wife and I, the one thing we need is certainty that we have tickets. That's it. Everything else we can handle and work with.

The thing we hate about the lottery is that it takes out the certainty of getting tickets, which not only was our undoing, but the undoing of a whole bunch of others too.
--
Mr Mullen
MrMullen

Postby haolegolucky » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Excited, a bit.

Partner starts law school the week before the burn, so she is off the playa this year. Having gone many a years, I can definitely say I enjoy it MUCH MORE when she is with me. So I am happy to be going, sad she is not there.

The ticket situation is FUBARed though.
haolegolucky

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Playa+Tom » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Last night I had a dream about Burning Man. It wasn't about fire. It wasn't about art. It wasn't about the wonderful people I volunteer with. It wasn't about the music. It wasn't about my friends. I had a dream about the portos.
Playa+Tom

Postby Super Evil Brian » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Jgladdy wrote:OK - so I've been stalking through the ticket forums, BM on facebook, and the 2012 event forums. I think today as I was reading through all the plans for theme camps, art cars, etc, I finally broke through. I'm excited for Burning Man 2012. Pumped, beyond ready to go. I'm planning on volunteering to help out with an art project, and have a small theme camp putting together (plan is to serve up charcuterie plates, you know all that good ham stuff).

I'm just curious, who else has moved beyond the ticket fiasco and is ready for some FERTILITY. Who else has that itch, yet again, to return to the playa? What's the best way to get the community (at least those with a ticket) beyond the mess and moving on to a state of excitement?

I'm ready for it. Are you?

This is my third year and I'm ready to bring it- the attitude, the art, and of course my own brand of spaztastic dancing. I hope to see all of you on the playa!

PS: This is party spurred by a few great burners I know who have tickets who are debating not going. To me this seems weird, strange, and beyond comprehension. Why would you take an event you love, have been to for 8 years, and just abandon it.

Wait ... potential tickets available?

Next year, I'm gaming the shit out of the system instead of being honest.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.
Super Evil Brian

Postby tamarakay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:37 pm

we are still so wiggle we are giggley. Just today taking a tanning walk and ken was about skipping done the road. I have infrastructure, i have dyes, brushes, i need to make dyeforms and work out a few more techniques. We have a monkey hut and painters tart floors, bucket, boards, frames, bubble plastic for effects. '

can't waif, can't wait. com on in and have some whine and juice'; maybe the occational fondue dinner.

I jus cant wait to see what we do for dritial tits. it must outshine the soon
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby jkisha » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Super Evil Brian wrote:
Jgladdy wrote:OK - so I've been stalking through the ticket forums, BM on facebook, and the 2012 event forums. I think today as I was reading through all the plans for theme camps, art cars, etc, I finally broke through. I'm excited for Burning Man 2012. Pumped, beyond ready to go. I'm planning on volunteering to help out with an art project, and have a small theme camp putting together (plan is to serve up charcuterie plates, you know all that good ham stuff).

I'm just curious, who else has moved beyond the ticket fiasco and is ready for some FERTILITY. Who else has that itch, yet again, to return to the playa? What's the best way to get the community (at least those with a ticket) beyond the mess and moving on to a state of excitement?

I'm ready for it. Are you?

This is my third year and I'm ready to bring it- the attitude, the art, and of course my own brand of spaztastic dancing. I hope to see all of you on the playa!

PS: This is party spurred by a few great burners I know who have tickets who are debating not going. To me this seems weird, strange, and beyond comprehension. Why would you take an event you love, have been to for 8 years, and just abandon it.

Wait ... potential tickets available?

Next year, I'm gaming the shit out of the system instead of being honest.

I take it you didn't get a ticket. Truely sorry. It's probably because you didn't go to last year's eplaya meet-n-greet.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Super Evil Brian » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:21 pm

jkisha wrote:
I take it you didn't get a ticket. Truely sorry. It's probably because you didn't go to last year's eplaya meet-n-greet.

Probably. I totally forgot all about it. I forgot about the Brian Brunch also, which is unfortunate given I'm a Brian.

I MIGHT be able to get a pre-sale ticket, but coughing up the $420 for that will be rough. I may be able to work something out. Maybe the low-cost thing will work.

If I make it to the playa, I'll go to the meet and greet.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.
Super Evil Brian

Postby tamarakay » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:30 am

I completely need to stop typing on here when i'm exhausted. AND I should never try and type on my stupid phone when i've taken sleeping pills.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby moonrise » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:53 am

Huh?

Brian you sound like you're being dragged to the meet n greet, sheesh....trust me we're much more boring than you ever imagined..NOT!

I thought you typed brain brunch, yum! zombie wants bbbrrraaaiiinnnsssssssssss bbbrrraaaiiinnnnzzzzzzzzz... I need Brian's bbbbbrrraaaiiinnnssss....

Hope you get a frickin' ticket Brain, now cheer the fuck up! :P and come smash some cans of beer at fizzball at the MnG [East coast kid should be chomping at the bit to hit some cans of beer] sheesh!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Savannah » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:38 am

Don't give up yet, Brian--a lot of people want to meet you, and by a lot of people, I mean moonrise, me, & the mouse in my vest pocket. :wink: I enjoyed reading about your first Burn. You haven't even experienced a proper playa dust storm. I find that inexcusable!

. . . So, does this mean you applied for low income? Hope so.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Postby inthecolumbiagorge » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:59 am

Everyone in our camp (16 and counting) is crazy excited about Burning Man 2012. It is our first year to burn and we all could not be more jazzed about it:-) I have been planning this year for about 2 years and after the ticketing fiasco, even though most of us got tickets in the lottery, we were unsure whether this would be a good first year. After much soul searching we decided we had nothing to compare it to anyway, the only expectations we have are to participate and enjoy ourselves, so we jumped in with all our feet and our collective excitement is marvelous. Each day we are planning and building and all of us are counting down until our departure for our first taste of the dust:-) We have excitement to spare if anyone is lacking!
inthecolumbiagorge

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Savannah wrote:Don't give up yet, Brian--a lot of people want to meet you, and by a lot of people, I mean moonrise, me, & the mouse in my vest pocket. :wink: I enjoyed reading about your first Burn. You haven't even experienced a proper playa dust storm. I find that inexcusable!

Me to. Or am I that mouse?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Savannah » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:47 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Savannah wrote:Don't give up yet, Brian--a lot of people want to meet you, and by a lot of people, I mean moonrise, me, & the mouse in my vest pocket. :wink: I enjoyed reading about your first Burn. You haven't even experienced a proper playa dust storm. I find that inexcusable!

Me to. Or am I that mouse?

Being the mouse in my vest pocket is strictly voluntary! There is room in the line to meet Brian. It can end in the Center of Attention chair I spotted this year at 8:45 & C. :D
Savannah

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Theme