Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Postby homo ardentum » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:57 pm

The clock is ticking down to the opening of the STEP ticket sale and we are just minutes away. Tell us when you get in the queue, and better yet, SCREAM when you get tickets! Good luck…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
homo ardentum

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Postby JayBobBoy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:07 pm

What time did your e-mail arrive? It's 12:10...nothing for me yet.
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Postby AbundantChoice » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Got into the queue. Hairy experience. Server timed out over and over, then I got nothing but a white screen a bunch of times, then I finally got the "click here to convert your request" page, which then ALSO timed out when clicking, then about a minute later I got the confirmation page and a confirmation e-mail.

Note that the confirmation e-mail doesn't say *where* you are in the queue, just that you're in it.

Still.. happy I got to be one of the lucky 2,000. Still, based on that mail that went out at 2:30, i'm not sure STEP will ever even fill out that 2,000 requests. Curious to see if the wait list ever opens up again.
All Black Holes Begin As Stars.
AbundantChoice

Postby homo ardentum » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Those emails should be all out by now. You can go the link from the blog:

If you are one of those people, watch your inbox for an email containing sign up information in the next few days (if you don’t get an email by Thursday, visit http://tickets2.burningman.com/contact.php and select “Missing STEP email” from the drop down menu).
homo ardentum

Postby solemnraven » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:30 pm

nope.

You should have gotten the email last week Tuesday.
"Are you Squidding Kidding me?" -SG
solemnraven

Postby indienial » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm in the queue! What a relief... but now the wait for tickets begins. Eep!
indienial

Postby Ed Phunk » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:35 pm

One of the lucky 2,000..
Ed Phunk

Postby mdmf007 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:39 pm

I had to refresh I shit you not 50-100 times I guess, multiply that times the 10,000 people trying to get it to work and thats a metric shit ton of queries, probably looks like a denial of service attack.

This is what I imagine the server looks like.

MDMF

One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby VampireKitten » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:43 pm

I got mine at 12:17pm, what a piece of garbage that was. It went though to the "submit" page like 3 times and crashed twice before actually "saving" the tickets. I just about had a heart attack through the entire process.
VampireKitten

Burning Since: 2012

Postby EmilyD » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:48 pm

WHEW! Made it into the queue before it slammed shut. What a stupid system this is! Through one hoop, now waiting for the next hoop.
EmilyD

Postby Clockwork_Wizard » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 pm

VampireKitten wrote:I got mine at 12:17pm, what a piece of garbage that was. It went though to the "submit" page like 3 times and crashed twice before actually "saving" the tickets. I just about had a heart attack through the entire process.

And yet you still don't have tickets...just a place in line like the rest of us :-)
Clockwork_Wizard

Postby drutter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:51 pm

homo ardentum wrote:Tell us when you get in the queue, and better yet, SCREAM when you get tickets!

Remember, all we've accomplished today is REQUESTING to be added to the 2000-person lineup. The notification I got was:

Thank you, your request to be added to the WANT List was successful..

Not "Thank you, you were added to the WANT List successfully." The lucky 2000 (including myself) aren't guaranteed to get on the WANT List. We've simply successfully requested to be added. We don't know if we're on the list or not, and if we are, we don't know how far down we are.

Also, please remember that even once successfully added to the WANT List, you're just 1 of 2000 people fighting over about 200 tickets. Even the "lucky ones" have maybe a 1 in 10 change of going on to the next stage.
Heavy on preparations, light on expectations.
drutter

Postby Stickygreen » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:51 pm

does anyone else not see the irony in having a lottery to ease the pressure of the first come first serve system, just to have first come first serve, for those that didn't win in the Lottery.

Larry, if you're looking for a hide out, Vancouver is available, i've got room in a closet for you.
)'(
Stickygreen

Postby Mosquitopilate » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:54 pm

I have no idea what happend, I got sent to a click here page so i clicked the request grey button and it sent me to a blank page so I waited and nothing happend. I am going to take a wild guess and say I am done
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Burning Since: 2001

Postby suicyco » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Mosquitopilate wrote:I have no idea what happend, I got sent to a click here page so i clicked the request grey button and it sent me to a blank page so I waited and nothing happend. I am going to take a wild guess and say I am done

That happened to me multiple times and I kept at it until I got a confirmation. If you didn't see a confirmation page and get an email confirmation, I don't know that you are in the queue.
suicyco

Postby vargaso » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Yep, good rule of thumb on these things is keep refreshing whenever you get either "server busy" or blank screen.
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby trilobyte » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Emails with links went out several days ago, and should have been received before the 29th. An email went out today to those who'd be registering explaining the need to pause the queue.

When the queue is paused, the STEP registration lists are then scrubbed against the original registration database, as well as those who may have gotten tickets through other means (such as Directed Ticket Distribution). Then hopefully they'll be able to start fulfilling orders (how many and how quickly depends on the flow of tickets coming in). As the backlog is reduced, they'll re-open signups.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby FeetOfClay » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

I made it into the 2000 queue--thank God!

For those of u in the 2000 queue: any ticket offers yet in your inbox? might they go out today, or is BMorg letting their server cool down before they send out the first offers?
What is this quintessence of dust?
FeetOfClay

Camp Name: Anonymous Village

Postby usurpedus » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:01 pm

did it just default to two tickets per person, regardless of how many you originally signed up for?

I originally signed up for 1 ticket but today the only option I had in STEP was two.

I hope this gets rectified soon..
usurpedus

Postby Mosquitopilate » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:06 pm

you know what I am done with this, For real I can not do this anymore this is truely heartbreaking..I think I am done trying folks and to tell the truth there is nothing I can even do. I know I am going to get some reply about there will be tickets out there but come on the only way to go is buying a ticket that is way over priced. I am not giving 1,500 $ to anyone to go,I am just done over & out
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Burning Since: 2001

Postby AbundantChoice » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:07 pm

I only requested 1 ticket in the lottery, and it was reflected in my STEP thingy.
AbundantChoice

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Me, too. I don't know that that make usurpedus' experience an anomoly, but it's certainly a possibilty...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby sbjody » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Marian Goodell Says:
March 2nd, 2012 at 12:27 pm

OK People

Relax! There are only 17 tickets on the STEP have queue anyway. Currently, there are a little over 21,000 on the STEP want list. So, we are going to suspend adding to the STEP want list until we get some more flow on the have queue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Maid Marian
sbjody

Postby Lollipop » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm in the STEP queue. :)
"You ARE The Good Witch Lollipop!"

http://istoppedtryingtopleaseyou.blogspot.com
Lollipop

Camp Name: Light and Illusion

Postby indienial » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:23 pm

sbjody wrote:Marian Goodell Says:

OK People

Relax! There are only 17 tickets on the STEP have queue anyway. Currently, there are a little over 21,000 on the STEP want list. So, we are going to suspend adding to the STEP want list until we get some more flow on the have queue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Maid Marian

Are you joking? Where did this come from? I thought they were cutting the queue at 2000...
indienial

Postby AbundantChoice » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:29 pm

OK People

Maid Marian

That's just a troll. Never trust anything posted in the *comments* on the BM Blog. Anyone can impersonate anyone on that.
AbundantChoice

Postby indienial » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:31 pm

AbundantChoice wrote:

OK People

Maid Marian

That's just a troll. Never trust anything posted in the *comments* on the BM Blog. Anyone can impersonate anyone on that.

Thanks... It's really early in the morning in Australia, and I woke up at the crack of dawn to log on to STEP... so I don't think I'm operating at full troll-detecting capacity! :-)
indienial

Postby usurpedus » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:32 pm

what?

in the JRS email today they said they already have a few hundred tickets in the STEP have qeue.. so which one is it?

few hundred or 17??
usurpedus

Postby remi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Mosquitopilate wrote:you know what I am done with this, For real I can not do this anymore this is truely heartbreaking..I think I am done trying folks and to tell the truth there is nothing I can even do. I know I am going to get some reply about there will be tickets out there but come on the only way to go is buying a ticket that is way over priced. I am not giving 1,500 $ to anyone to go,I am just done over & out

Why don't you just plan to go, and buy your ticket the day of, or a couple days before the burn? You can probably get one for very close to face value (perhaps even a little less, if the market is heavily saturated.)

Don't give up hope.. I'm cheering for you!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby Savannah » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:37 pm

usurpedus wrote:what?

in the JRS email today they said they already have a few hundred tickets in the STEP have qeue.. so which one is it?

few hundred or 17??

Always trust the Jack Rabbit Speaks newsletter over the Comments Area on Burning Blog--in which pretty much anyone may call themselves the King of Spain, basically. If there is a blog post, fine; if it's in the comments section and seems outrageous, it's the work of a troll.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Next

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion