Low Income and self employed

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Low Income and self employed

Postby dj_john69 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:43 pm

So, i have a friend that is self employed and doesn't have a W-2 or any tax papers yet.

Any suggestions for a way for her to prove her income to BM for a low income ticket ?? I emailed BM stating that my friend doesn't have ANY proof of income and got this response back from Frog:

Hi there. We are looking for anything and everything that you can provide that will show your income and expenses. What you come up with is up to you.

This isn't helpful what so ever...lol. Low income ticket applications require 1-3 pieces of proof of income OR you can't hit submit on the low income form.

Someone have any helpful advice ??
Thanks.
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!
dj_john69

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

Re: Low Income and self employed

Postby lucky420 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:52 pm

did she file taxes last year? Maybe use last years tax papers if she did. How about bank statements that show any deposits from her business?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Trishntek » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:59 pm

words on paper,,,, just put a bunch of words on paper to tell the story,,,, put it in a pdf and send it in,,,, that seems to be all you can do!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby maryanimal » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:14 pm

I had issues uploading a file that was needed in the LI tickets application. A sweet friend of mine helped me out. My files were too big, so I opened the files in paint and resized them to 30% and they work! And I just got my app received email!! woohoo! Now six weeks of waiting! Good good luck to your friend!!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Dr Helix » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:15 pm

dj_john69 wrote:So, i have a friend that is self employed and doesn't have a W-2 or any tax papers yet.

Any suggestions for a way for her to prove her income to BM for a low income ticket ?? I emailed BM stating that my friend doesn't have ANY proof of income and got this response back from Frog:

Hi there. We are looking for anything and everything that you can provide that will show your income and expenses. What you come up with is up to you.

This isn't helpful what so ever...lol. Low income ticket applications require 1-3 pieces of proof of income OR you can't hit submit on the low income form.

Someone have any helpful advice ??
Thanks.

Actually, I think that was helpful. As they said, they will entertain everything and anything that shows your income and expenses. So you don't have hard paper yet? Get creative. Your friend may have to create an income and expense statement showing money taken in and spent. Doesn't have to be exact, just approximates, and it could be written out. Back it up with some bank deposits and maybe some monthly bills or credit card statements. If they are a cash and carry person it will be hard to prove, but I doubt your friend is the only one that may be this way. And write an overview of the their financial history. Not a sob story, just the facts. If its believable and they did the work on the income and expense statement I don't see why they wouldn't buy it. Good luck.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby Stephendragonfly » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Just finished my application. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Good luck everyone.
Stephendragonfly

Location: A planet that is three quarters covered with water, but we call it Earth.

Postby gyre » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:22 am

Hand written records.
Hours worked, materials bought, orders taken, etc.
Photo of the shop?

You weren't specific about the work.
gyre

Postby phoenix808 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:42 am

Stephendragonfly wrote:Just finished my application. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Good luck everyone.

i filled out mine too, but never set yourself up for disappointment! its been frustrating but dont give up!
phoenix808

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion