has anyone received the STEP participation Email?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

has anyone received the STEP participation Email?

Postby Borris » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:51 pm

STEP should open in 3 days, but no emails were sent, at least not to me. any details anyone?
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...
Borris

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

Re: has anyone received the STEP participation Email?

Postby FeetOfClay » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:55 pm

So far I have not received any STEP -related emails either. It is my understanding that the emails will go out on the 29th...tho that is only based on stuff I've read on the site, and some very limited email correspondence that I've had with the ticket FAQ staff.

By all means, stay vigilant and keep checking, but I am pretty sure that no one will receive the email until Wed. the 29th. Not sure of the exact time. And since responding to that email will register one in the STEP queue, which is first-come-first-served, I'd said stay connected all day Wednesday, and then JUMP on it!

Anyone with any other info? Again, this is just what I've parsed together--please do not regard as gospel truth! :)
What is this quintessence of dust?
FeetOfClay

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Anonymous Village

Postby unjonharley » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:03 pm

FOR FUCK SAKE..

STEP WILL START ON THE 29th....

THIS IS NOT THE 29th
unjonharley

Postby vargaso » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:19 pm

It's a valid question because the information online states that STEP will launch on the 29th, and since we've been hearing we'll get an email to register for STEP, it makes it seem like the actual STEP sales will begin on the 29th, so that we should be registered by then. I have the same concern, since I've also heard that the STEP queue order will be based on first-come first-served model, and want to register as soon as that process is open. So ONCE AGAIN, the regulars' admonitions to patiently sit back and be acted upon are ridiculous, especially considering how totally inaccurate and unwise those admonitions have proven to be over the past few months. Keep asking questions, people.
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby trilobyte » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:25 pm

No emails have gone out yet.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby maryanimal » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 pm

I was reading the LI tickets page and I didn't see anything about receiving an email, so when the link appears, I'll be on it.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Mosquitopilate » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:56 pm

The only reason we are asking is cause if we can sleep the night of the 29th at midnight would be nice since we will be at our inboxes all day, 24 hours of watching email is a lot harder then 10-12 hours but I have been asking this question since day one all I get is people telling me off and saying "the 29th buddy" last I looked the 29th is 24 hours long
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Burning Since: 2001

Postby Shadowcasting » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:50 am

Its a very valid question. Are emails going out ahead of the 29th or will the be sent all at once as soon as its opened?

There IS a reason I ask. My rejection email came a full day and a half after others received theirs. Will I have to wait until March 2nd to register because it takes so long to send out all the emails, effectively putting me waaaaay at the back of the line? It seems like they should send out the email with the info ahead of time, and say the link will be available at such-and-such time on the 29th to put everyone on even footing.
Shadowcasting

Postby maryanimal » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Mosquitopilate wrote:The only reason we are asking is cause if we can sleep the night of the 29th at midnight would be nice since we will be at our inboxes all day, 24 hours of watching email is a lot harder then 10-12 hours but I have been asking this question since day one all I get is people telling me off and saying "the 29th buddy" last I looked the 29th is 24 hours long

I'm sorry you haven't received anyone positive responses. This year will be my second year, so I'm still a newbie myself. Since the LI tickets link will be posted at 12 noon Pacific Standard time, I can suggest you have everything scanned and ready to go when you click that link! I hope this was helpful Mosquitopilate! Hope to see you on the playa!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby lemur » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:45 pm

BUT I WANTA BE FIRST IN LINE!!!

HOW CAN I BE FIRST IN LINE IF I DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHEN THE LINE OPENS?!!?!?

WHY ARE YOU PUNISHING ME!!!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Shadowcasting » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Umm..... I don't think anyone is being that melodramatic, but thanks for the snark and gigantic font. No one would have pieced it together that you were being a jerk without it. Kudos to you!
Shadowcasting

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Don't worry, he'll come begging for a hug again soon.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby maryanimal » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Umm..... I don't think anyone is being that melodramatic, but thanks for the snark and gigantic font. No one would have pieced it together that you were being a jerk without it. Kudos to you!

Word.

junglesmacks wrote:Don't worry, he'll come begging for a hug again soon.

*titter...chortle...guffaw...hehehe...lmao*

I <3 you js!!*hugs*
maryanimal

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:59 pm

maryanimal wrote:

Word.

junglesmacks wrote:Don't worry, he'll come begging for a hug again soon.

*titter...chortle...guffaw...hehehe...lmao*

I <3 you js!!*hugs*

:D :D :D :D

I'm just a bouncy little puppy, so says MDF. Cute n' harmless but dammit if Mommy didn't pop me out without a filter sometimes..
junglesmacks

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:18 pm

maryanimal wrote:
Mosquitopilate wrote:The only reason we are asking is cause if we can sleep the night of the 29th at midnight would be nice since we will be at our inboxes all day, 24 hours of watching email is a lot harder then 10-12 hours but I have been asking this question since day one all I get is people telling me off and saying "the 29th buddy" last I looked the 29th is 24 hours long

I'm sorry you haven't received anyone positive responses. This year will be my second year, so I'm still a newbie myself. Since the LI tickets link will be posted at 12 noon Pacific Standard time, I can suggest you have everything scanned and ready to go when you click that link! I hope this was helpful Mosquitopilate! Hope to see you on the playa!

Let's remember that at this time with this system, we are all newbies. This is being implimented, well, not quite on the fly, but in a short period of time. The solution might tend towards the crude rather than the elegant. I too got the news that I had no ticket long after others did, and to be honest, I don't really look forwards to signing up from work, which is, I suspect, what I'm going to have to do. I know we're all stressed, I know we are anxious. You might want to think of it as part of the adventure... I believe that trying to control this chaos will only bring you grief.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby maryanimal » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:21 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
maryanimal wrote:

Let's remember that at this time with this system, we are all newbies. This is being implimented, well, not quite on the fly, but in a short period of time. The solution might tend towards the crude rather than the elegant. I too got the news that I had no ticket long after others did, and to be honest, I don't really look forwards to signing up from work, which is, I suspect, what I'm going to have to do. I know we're all stressed, I know we are anxious. You might want to think of it as part of the adventure... I believe that trying to control this chaos will only bring you grief.

I absolutely love this woman!! *hugs my fishyfriend*
maryanimal

Postby wh..sh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:07 pm

junglesmacks wrote:I'm just a bouncy little puppy, so says MDF. Cute n' harmless but dammit if Mommy didn't pop me out without a filter sometimes..

yes, he is a bouncy little puppy... cute, harmless but humps your legs occasionally :D
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:09 pm

wh..sh wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:I'm just a bouncy little puppy, so says MDF. Cute n' harmless but dammit if Mommy didn't pop me out without a filter sometimes..

yes, he is a bouncy little puppy... cute, harmless but humps your legs occasionally :D

At least you let me finish last time!
junglesmacks

Postby Jenifersteppat » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:10 pm

I may be wrong about this, if I am I have no doubt someone will correct me. One thing I think is good about STEP and may attract people to use it (I hope I hope) is that they will get their money that is tied up back a lot sooner. People selling tickets in the community or ebay won't have tickets in hand until June and I for one would not buy until I could have the ticket in hand myself - June. If you sell back to STEP I am assuming you get your money back as soon as someone buys it. That would be a big motivator to me if I had too many tickets. If I am right BMORG should play up this angle as an incentive to people to use it. The 250,000 dollar question is are they in the hands of scalpers willing to wait????

I am hoping some more info will come out before 29th - like how will it work if need and only willing to buy two tix? Do you have to buy one then hope another one comes up?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jenifersteppat

Postby wh..sh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:16 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
wh..sh wrote:

quick was the word (but really, I dont have the heart to stop a cute, bouncy puppy) :wink:

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby ygmir » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:19 pm

wh..sh wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:
wh..sh wrote:yes, he is a bouncy little puppy... cute, harmless but humps your legs occasionally :D

quick was the word (but really, I dont have the heart to stop a cute, bouncy puppy) :wink:

Me:

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Jenifersteppat wrote:I may be wrong about this, if I am I have no doubt someone will correct me. One thing I think is good about STEP and may attract people to use it (I hope I hope) is that they will get their money that is tied up back a lot sooner. People selling tickets in the community or ebay won't have tickets in hand until June and I for one would not buy until I could have the ticket in hand myself - June. If you sell back to STEP I am assuming you get your money back as soon as someone buys it. That would be a big motivator to me if I had too many tickets. If I am right BMORG should play up this angle as an incentive to people to use it.

This has been mentioned, but not really emphasized.

Jenifersteppat wrote:I am hoping some more info will come out before 29th - like how will it work if need and only willing to buy two tix? Do you have to buy one then hope another one comes up?

Some information has come out, forgive me if I repeat something you know. Only those who participated in the "main sale" drawing are allowed to enter step. You can request one or two. I'm sure that the llc will do whatever splitting and combining of orders it has to to "clump" tickets together.

What does that mean? It means that to me it seems like a no-brainer. Maybe they are actually not clumping... If anyone on the board knows, it's trilo...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby alt12 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:30 pm

lemur wrote:
BUT I WANTA BE FIRST IN LINE!!!

HOW CAN I BE FIRST IN LINE IF I DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHEN THE LINE OPENS?!!?!?

WHY ARE YOU PUNISHING ME!!!

I know this may be hard to believe, but some people still don't have tickets. And they would like to improve their odds in this FIRST COME FIRST SERVE ticket process. So yes, people want to be as close to first inline as they can possibly be.... Crazy isn't it?
Last edited by alt12 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Postby wh..sh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:31 pm

awww... picks up yggy for face licks...

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby Jenifersteppat » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Believe me I have read every shred of info I can find on STEP. Hopefully the email invite to register (8:00 AM. 12:00 PM)? Will provide more clarification. Good luck to everyone who like me feels like STEP is our last hope!!!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jenifersteppat

Postby tamarakay » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Sorry Yiggy, more like this. Still cute, but a bit more commanding of our attention (a good thing, in fact, a very good thing)
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby ygmir » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:35 pm

wh..sh wrote:awww... picks up yggy for face licks...

I'm terribly heavy........don't worry if you can't pick me all the way up, just do your best.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby ygmir » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 pm

haha TK, we posted about the same thought, at the same time.....but in your pic, I don't need to be lifted, at all........... :roll: :roll: :roll:
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby vargaso » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 pm

OK, just got my email, still not sure how the queue will be ordered, says my link to register won't open until March 2, not sure if that's how all STEP emails are, or if that indicates my place in the queue. Here's the text, sans the link:

You are receiving this email because you registered for the Burning Man 2012 Main Sale but were not awarded tickets. Since you were not able to buy tickets through the Main Sale, you are now eligible to sign up for a chance to buy tickets that may become available through our Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP). Tickets available through STEP come from other buyers who are reselling their tickets they cannot use. All STEP tickets are sold at face value plus regular delivery & service fees.

If you originally registered for two tickets, you will be signed up for the chance to purchase two resold tickets via STEP.

If a ticket (or tickets, depending on your original registration) becomes available, you will receive an email with a link for purchase, including information about the price of the ticket that has come available. You will be offered the first ticket(s) available to you, regardless of the price tier - tickets are sold for face value plus applicable delivery & service fees. Please note that none of your original credit card info has been stored, so you will need to be prepared with a credit card to complete the purchase (and it needn't be the same card you originally signed up with.) You will have 72 hours to purchase the ticket(s) using your unique link. Purchase links will expire after 72 hours, at which time the ticket(s) will be released to the next person on the list. If you decline because the face value of the ticket is above what you are willing to pay, you will lose your place on the list and cannot sign up again.

STEP will not likely have a large amount of tickets available. It is meant to be a safe, secure resale option to help facilitate the exchange of tickets within the Burning Man community. If the list for people seeking tickets becomes untenably long, we will pause sign ups. You should not depend solely on STEP for a ticket to Burning Man for 2012. We encourage you to look to your friends, camp mates and immediate community for other opportunities to buy tickets. If you do buy tickets directly from another ticket holder, please don't pay more than face value.

As with all Burning Man 2012 ticket sales, you can only buy tickets once, regardless of whether it was through the Pre-Sale, Main Sale, or STEP.

Please read all of these instructions carefully, then click the link below to begin the process of converting your original registration to a request for a place on the WANT list. (NOTE: Your link will not be active until 12 noon (PST) Friday, March 2)
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby wh..sh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:46 pm

ygmir wrote:
wh..sh wrote:awww... picks up yggy for face licks...

I'm terribly heavy........don't worry if you can't pick me all the way up, just do your best.

No worries, got that covered -

-Bob
wh..sh

Next

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion