STEP policy change: 2 tickets now allowed

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: STEP policy change: 2 tickets now allowed

Postby Galaxo Magic » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:40 am

ZaphodBurner wrote:I have no experience with Will Call on the playa but I've heard horror stories of being there for three hours.

What's it going to be like if there are 20,000 picking up their tickets from Will Call? Is that going to be the next big challenge? We're probably going to need an entirely separate vehicle line and parking area for Will Call.

In 11 years I have used Will Call 5 times, twice on Early Arrival, and I have never had to wait an hour. Even the night we arrived at 12 on Sunday night. PLUS, you are standing on the playa! A few more minutes is nothing compared to how long it is now until you ARE standing on the playa!
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Arnoldo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 am

Mosquitopilate wrote:This is getting insane, everytime there is new news about how tickets are going to be sold it narrows my chance that I get 1 ticket,How about change a rule that helps people who wanted 1 ticket

Right there with ya bro!!! Why should we be punished?!
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...
Arnoldo

Postby lemur » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:41 am

nobody is getting punished.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby lucky420 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 am

but somebody might get spanked... :wink:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Arnoldo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 am

Ok not punished. But that much less likely to get 1 ticket.
Arnoldo

Postby Arnoldo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:43 am

lucky420 wrote:but somebody might get spanked... :wink:

Yes please!
Arnoldo

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:54 am

Arnoldo wrote:Ok not punished. But that much less likely to get 1 ticket.

Not necessarily. It just depends on what number in line you are to get a STEP ticket
"One good thing about music: When it hits you - you feel no pain" - Bob Marley
Brianna_Beauty413

Postby lucky420 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:00 am

It also depends on how many tickets are offered through STEP
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Postby Arnoldo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:25 am

Crossing fingers for a good place in line!!
Arnoldo

Postby vargaso » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 pm

I think Trilo may have answered this question before, I can't seem to find it (I did look, regulars). For the queue, is it a first-come first-served deal? Like, when registration opens, should we be at our computers hitting refresh a minute before it opens, like the good ol' days of ticket sales? I'd like to know early so I can loosen up my index finger, ha. I want to get in early so I'm one of the 3 people who will actually get a STEP ticket. I kid.
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby lemur » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 pm

all will be revealed in 5 days.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Mosquitopilate » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:49 pm

I Have asked that question a hundred times and no one seems to know the answer if we have to sit by computers and hit refresh to see when we get the email to register for place in line
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Burning Since: 2001

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Mosquitopilate wrote:I Have asked that question a hundred times and no one seems to know the answer if we have to sit by computers and hit refresh to see when we get the email to register for place in line

That would probably be because nobody knows the answer. This is a new program for everybody, and the Mods, as well as all the other posters here, have exactly the same information you do.

You need to understand that ticketing this year is completely uncharted territory- it doesn't work like it used to (many would argue "at all"), many of the new systems are just that: New Systems. Until they've been used we can't guess how to use them.

There are many months between now & the event happening, and STEP may help some with tickets but it really depends on how many tickets go into it. Start on your other planning, get registered with STEP when it opens, and then walk away from the tickets. Just don't think about them.

Seriously, unless you get one through STEP (which could take a while, like months- again, depends on how many & how fast tickets go into it), it's out of your hands until the physical tickets get released & you can try a second party; if you spend all your time from now until you have a ticket in your hand stressing you'll have such major ulcers you'll never make it to the Burn when you finally do get that ticket.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby omidia » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:52 pm

junglesmacks wrote:Yup! Props to the the BMORG for listening and doing the best they can with what they've been dealt with. This kind of situation comes with no instruction manual and no history to fall back on. This is a STEP in the right direction.. (insert knee slap here)

Even though I've connected with the 2 tickets that I need via friends, I'll still register for the STEP program for 2 tickets in hopes of distributing them to friends in need for face value.

You are aware that doing so reduces the chances that people that need tickets for themselves will get tickets?

As long as you're aware...
omidia

Postby trilobyte » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Better to provide a workable solution for fewer people than a non-workable solution for a larger crowd, in my opinion.

Some folks claiming to be holding tickets had also indicated that they were having serious reservations about putting them into STEP, if the program penalized the people who tried to do the right thing. Going back to a limit of two may mean more tickets in the pool, which is good for everybody.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby slona » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Slightly confused about the "non-transferable" bit in the announcement. Shit happens and it would be great to actually have a way to transfer a ticket one is allocated via STEP to another party at face value! Being an international it is quite hard to plan being part of an art project crew or camp this year, but nevertheless it is important to have a way to transfer a ticket if a legitimate non-profit making reason arises.
slona

Postby BBadger » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:27 pm

slona wrote:Slightly confused about the "non-transferable" bit in the announcement. Shit happens and it would be great to actually have a way to transfer a ticket one is allocated via STEP to another party at face value! Being an international it is quite hard to plan being part of an art project crew or camp this year, but nevertheless it is important to have a way to transfer a ticket if a legitimate non-profit making reason arises.

You'll probably be able to sell it through STEP again if you need to. With the demand this year you'll get your money back sans processing fees.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Postby Galaxo Magic » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Yeah, maybe someone will get spanked, but only if the camps that offer spankings get enough tickets....

I couldn't resist!

And after the spanking, the oral sex!
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby pink » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:09 pm

We as in Retrofrolic offers spankings and more! And we WILL be on the playa. Maybe smaller, maybe larger. But I've scored a ticket through a friend and will be there to smack your heinie! :)
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby lucky420 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 am

Galaxo Magic

my my my upping the ante I see... :D
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Postby VultureChow » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:53 am

Galaxo Magic wrote:

Well I could stay a bit longer...
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby trilobyte » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:03 pm

@slona - a ticket purchased through STEP can be offered back up through STEP, they're non-transferrable to other people.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby unjonharley » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:19 pm

trilobyte wrote:@slona - a ticket purchased through STEP can be offered back up through STEP, they're non-transferrable to other people.

Right there is the answer to scalping and hoarding..

GOOD JOB trilobyte
unjonharley

Postby piehole » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:21 pm

glitter-mouse wrote:Everyone loves dancing muppets. But the job of the Children's Television Network is not just to entertain, it's also to teach. The message Elmo sends out is that it's okay to never learn - to always act like a screaming, annoying baby with a speech impediment... And whatever became of Grover after this usurping monster came on the scene, johnny-come-lately? Kids don't even know who Grover is anymore. He's been totally overshadowed and pushed into obscurity by this bratty Elmo who is little more than a distraction, a shiny object for children to look at so they forget for a moment how shitty their lives are living in a home without a daddy. Elmo is the Kim Kardashian of Sesame Street.

What about the message THIS guy sends!

This guy has a speech impediment (or accent, whatever) and an ADDICTION to cookies. He can't even function properly without them! He's teaching kids that it's okay to have a diet solely based on cookies and sweets, thereby ENCOURAGING childhood obesity. At least Elmo is active in the art of dance and self expression, which are both very burny of him/her/it if I may say so myself.

Edit:
Anyways, sorry to go off topic, please continue the conversation about the changes to the STEP program, pretend this post never happened.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Burning Since: 2012

Postby moonrise » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Galaxo Magic wrote:

Yeah, maybe someone will get spanked, but only if the camps that offer spankings get enough tickets....

I couldn't resist!

Maybe I should reconsider trying a spanking camp? :lol:
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby glitter-mouse » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:45 am

piehole wrote:He's teaching kids that it's okay to have a diet solely based on cookies and sweets, thereby ENCOURAGING childhood obesity.

it's far better to raise a fat kid with well-rounded interests and intellectual pursuits (monsterpiece theater), than allow your kid to think it's okay to be a whinny, dancing little bitch forever. elmo appeals to the type of family unit that produces hipsters.
glitter-mouse

Postby ygmir » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:52 am

moonrise wrote:
Galaxo Magic wrote:

I couldn't resist!

Maybe I should reconsider trying a spanking camp? :lol:

The Castle Anthrax.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby unjonharley » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:56 am

BUMP

unjonharley wrote:
trilobyte wrote:@slona - a ticket purchased through STEP can be offered back up through STEP, they're non-transferrable to other people.

Right there is the answer to scalping and hoarding..

GOOD JOB trilobyte
unjonharley

Postby junglesmacks » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:16 am

omidia wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:Yup! Props to the the BMORG for listening and doing the best they can with what they've been dealt with. This kind of situation comes with no instruction manual and no history to fall back on. This is a STEP in the right direction.. (insert knee slap here)

Even though I've connected with the 2 tickets that I need via friends, I'll still register for the STEP program for 2 tickets in hopes of distributing them to friends in need for face value.

You are aware that doing so reduces the chances that people that need tickets for themselves will get tickets?

As long as you're aware...

Actually.. it's all the same thing.. getting tickets to people that need tickets. The only difference is that I may be assisting someone that I know and really want at the burn with me instead of someone else.

..and wow.. I step away from this place for a week and come back to a debate on Sesame Street characters. Wow. Gotta love this place..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:15 pm

glitter-mouse wrote:
piehole wrote:He's teaching kids that it's okay to have a diet solely based on cookies and sweets, thereby ENCOURAGING childhood obesity.

it's far better to raise a fat kid with well-rounded interests and intellectual pursuits (monsterpiece theater), than allow your kid to think it's okay to be a whinny, dancing little bitch forever. elmo appeals to the type of family unit that produces hipsters.

Actually, it's my understanding that Cookie Monster is now eating veggies.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion