Parking Day

All things outside of Burning Man.

Parking Day

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:09 pm

So who here follows Parking Day? I love it, when I'm at work there are these wacky one-day parks in dt San Francisco. It seems so whimsical and delightful. I would think there's an overlap, although there's the fact it's in September--who has energy then?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Re: Parking Day

Postby Drawingablank » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:43 pm

I had to google this and it looks really cool. 33 in NYC apparently (I suspect it is rather dangerous to get between irate drivers and parking spots).

Nothing interesting like that ever happens out here in the Burbs though, and I can't just close the shop to go tour them. On rare occasions like this I wish I still lived or at least worked in the city.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Parking Day

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Yeah, I'm lucky that it happens right where I work. Well, at least some of it. I would like to do it one year. It would be kinda funny to take a day off work and have a temporary park a couple of blocks away...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Open Discussion