Ticketless Boy from Oz saying hi!

Ticketless Boy from Oz saying hi!

Postby Nomadic » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Hey guys,

I've been lurking on these forums for the past couple of weeks keeping up to date with all the dramas and thought I should probably introduce myself.

I'm graphic designer/illustrator from Sydney and quitting my job and heading over to the States in July to do a few months of travelling. I've been talking about heading over for Burning Man for years and only just found out about this lottery thing after it happened, so I can't enter STEP either. I seriously can't believe it, the year I finally make it over there! Unbelievable! :(

Anyway, I'm still holding onto hope of going. I doubt I'll ever have another chance. I had to sell my unit just to afford this trip. I must just believe. And sooner or later one is bound to materialise... thats the thinking anyway.

My plan was to rent an RV and drive across it across to Reno from Salt Lake City since all the other places appear to be sold out already. So if there's anyone out there with a spare ticket, that'd like to share an RV (at a discount rate - you can have the single bed) with a funny, chilled out, creative 33 year old Aussie dude who likes a drink or three please please please PM me. I can provide references that I am NOT an axe murderer/inbred mutant AND/OR rapist. (It's quite possible I'm an alcoholic though.)

Cheers guys!
Nomadic

Re: Ticketless Boy from Oz saying hi!

Postby jkisha » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Nomadic » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Hey JK, thanks mate! Glad to be in the internetz with you! :D
Nomadic

Postby Savannah » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:21 am

I can provide references that I am NOT an axe murderer/inbred mutant AND/OR rapist. (It's quite possible I'm an alcoholic though.)

Well, your sense of humor recommends you! :) Hi Nomadic. There are some other new Aussies here too. Sensei_bb, Hotel Balmoral, Tackykate, Tassietiger, BarShirley . . . some of them are looking, too.

Meet other Aussies here, too:
http://regionals.burningman.com/au.html

I hope you luck into your ticket. Make sure all your friends you're looking, and to contact you if they hear of anything. And know that in June (and beyond) every single year, reality sinks in and a a number of people drop out of going to the event, 'cause life gets busy or gas gets expensive or their vacation days get cancelled or their campmates get nervous and don't want to go. Keep your plans flexible, know where else in the US you'd like to see in case it doesn't work out, and keep your ear to the ground. Best of luck.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Nomadic » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 am

Hi Savannnah, thanks! Yeah, I'm just hoping something eventuates closer to the date. I'm most probably coming on my own so no friends to look out for me unfortunately. But I'll be free to do whatever when I get to the US so if one doesn't eventuate it won't alter my plans much. I'll probably just put a deposit down on an RV with cruiseamerica so the options there and cancel it if things aren't looking good beforehand. Fingers crossed though. Thanks for the link!
Nomadic

Postby Hotel balmoral » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:35 am

Yeah man
The more Aussies the better,
Me and pipnissen are heading over from sunny Sydney too
We are both Burgins too and super lucky enought to score tickets in the lottery
And to be invited into he warm grasping hands of the Barbie death camp
So excited
I have my finger crossed for you that you get a ticket
And don't forget to bring the Tim tams

Best of luck
Keep in contact with how you are going
Jelly shot anyone?
Hotel balmoral

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie death camp

Postby gyre » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:37 am

Not doubting you, but just how do you prove you're not an axe murderer?

Tickets will show up for sale eventually.
Just keep trying.

Hope you make it.
gyre

Postby Nomadic » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:48 am

Hey balmoral! Lucky you mate, wish I had of known about this lottery early... never even considered it would be difficult to get tickets this year. Let me know if you hear of any floating around without an owner. :-) I've made it my mission in life til I leave here in July..... . GET. TICKET. TO. BURNING. MAN.

Hahaha! that is the question gire, that is the question... :wink: I hope I make it too. Can't stop watching youtube videos lately of all the past years. Being around so many other insanely creative people looks like all kinds of awesome.
Nomadic

Postby International Incident » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:55 am

Another aussie here..
Just keep your eyes out. Plan to attend - a ticket will come up. Just be waiting to swoop.

But please don’t buy from scalpers - that just fecks up everyone else in the future. Once the scalpers know they can’t make money of BM I hope they’ll bugger off somewhere else.

Savannah gave you the Aust link - join up.

Best of luck out there. Be aware that tickets really won’t start “flowing” til people get the hard tickets in June - then realise they just can’t attend. So no point in worrying about “not” getting a ticket til late July/August.
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby Nomadic » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Hey Melanie... no, i'd never go the scalper route. Besides all the ethical reasons I once actually bought a legitmate last minute ticket to a festival in Sydney from someone on Ebay. The guy forgot to set a reserve though so I actually won it for much less than face value. When the guy realised he was actually going to lose a heap of money he simply refused to send it to me... I told him it was actually illegal for him not give it to me. Then he actually started abusing me. I contacted the Ebay staff etc and filed complaint but nothing... not a word.... note to everyone: you're really powerless on those sites if someone chooses to rip you off.
Nomadic

Postby Kevinochi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Nomadic wrote:Hey Melanie... no, i'd never go the scalper route. Besides all the ethical reasons I once actually bought a legitmate last minute ticket to a festival in Sydney from someone on Ebay. The guy forgot to set a reserve though so I actually won it for much less than face value. When the guy realised he was actually going to lose a heap of money he simply refused to send it to me... I told him it was actually illegal for him not give it to me. Then he actually started abusing me. I contacted the Ebay staff etc and filed complaint but nothing... not a word.... note to everyone: you're really powerless on those sites if someone chooses to rip you off.

Oh noes that totally sucks! I hope you get your ticket and it's good knowing that your ticket won't be purchased from scalpers. Scalpers are evil corrupt demon spawn and should be burned with the Man! Time for my meds!
Waffles taste better slightly burned...
Kevinochi

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Village

Return to Introduce Yourself!