Survey: The Burners' Choice Awarding of Tickets: PLEASE READ

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Survey: The Burners' Choice Awarding of Tickets: PLEASE

Postby laughhearty » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:28 am

moonrise wrote:OOOOOOh yeah, THAT one...If I make ONE vote, it'll be for El Pulpo!!!!!! It's new and over-the-top enough for me to take your survey (please do send it in!!)

See, this is exactly why I created the Survey. I'm not sure if El Pulpo qualifies for the tickets, since it showed up for the first time last year. Don't know if the artist has done anything else.
If he didn't get a ticket or tickets...No El Pulpo and a lot of us REALLY REALLY want to see it again. So on the off chance BMORG reads the survey and sees an overwhelming demand for El Pulpo and the guy needs tickets, then they could squeeze a couple in for him. I wouldn't mind at all. Let's hope the beauty and awe he inspired last year gets him on the Playa for 2012!! Maybe he was lucky in the lottery.
laughhearty

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:28 pm

laughhearty wrote:Don't know if the artist has done anything else.

Yes, he has. That wonderful, fire-breathing dragon, bicycle powered, made from scrap--including pie pans and aluminum plates.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby laughhearty » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:08 am

Haven't been around here for a couple of days. Buried under deadlines.
Wonderful to hear that BMORG changed to One ticket rule. Geesh, my married friends without tickets were just crushed by that. They essentially had given up. At least there's a glimmer of hope now!
The survey is still going. And it's promised to get to BMORG. It could encourage BMORG to give a few tickets to a camp or installation they hadn't considered or it could substantiate the choices they've already made. Either way, it's a great way to give a shout out to your favorites. And I plan to make the data available for download. Robot Heart is another beloved Art Car, apparently!
laughhearty

Postby laughhearty » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:28 pm

Well,
I practically got entombed under deadlines! (I'm a freelance web developer.) So I haven't been on eplaya in over a month.
But I'd like to let everyone know how the survey stands.
I've had some time to digest Tribolytes attempts at explaining the BMORG process and I can see that things are working out in their crazy universal way. I've seen many friends get tickets and offers are being made, and this is outside of STEP! And the most important thing to me and many others was the one ticket limitation on STEP which was nixed.
Only 125 folks took the survey. I can still send it in to BMORG, but I really feel that the amount isn't significant enough to warrant it. And honestly, most, if not all of the art and projects mentioned probably got contacted by BMORG and have been offered tickets.

So let's bury this thread.

Things are moving on in this year of remarkable paradigm shift. Now it's time to surf with the flow and stay on the board.
I'm rolling my sleeves up and getting ready to work out my art project this year:

The Serendipity Outpost

Love to you all!!
laughhearty

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion