2012 Camping for Disenfranchised

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

2012 Camping for Disenfranchised

Postby ecodevoman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Are any alternate Black Rock camping get-togethers in the works?

I couldn't attend last year because they ran out of tickets. Used to tickets not going on sale until mid Jan, I didn't check until then and missed the lottery. I probably won't be able to get tickets this year either. But I miss Black Rock so much as well as the open minds of burners.

Seems like a lot of burners are in the same predicament. Is there an alternative for us?

Aside from the random July 4 camping in the Black Rock, has anyone organized any sort of group camping trip for the ticket disenfranchised? I have so much gear. I know it wouldn't be the same without the art, but there would be other advantages, such as being able to run the land sailing rig, explore outside the ring, drive any vehicle you want to, have moments of quiet. Perhaps some theme camps that couldn't reach full membership would be interested in circling their wagons elsewhere, a week before the real event (I used to date a teacher and she never could attend because of when the event was held each year).
ecodevoman

Re: 2012 Camping for Disenfranchised

Postby CornMan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:30 pm

PermaBurn Labor Day Week Event (look for it on Facebook)
The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever
CornMan

Postby ecodevoman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:48 am

permaburn seems like a nice concept, but I'm in love with playa....and that is not playa.

So....I'm going to camp in the middle of the playa about 25 miles toward the center of black rock from the regular BM site.

Time: Second week of July for five days.
ecodevoman

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:19 am

Here's the link to the regional BLM site, which should help you get things sorted.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to Regionals & Events