eplaya NoCostCo (aka more free shit)

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Free filter boxes for video projectors - Orange CA

Postby psylentlarry » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm giving away two each boxes that were built to house and provide filtered air to video projectors at Burning Man. I haven't used these boxes for several years, so they are free to a good home. Or a bad home; abuse them all you want. I stripped out some hardware and cables from these for my newer boxes, so these are not plug & play as they are, but the hard part is done. The construction is insanely crude but they got the job done for 3 or 4 years at Bad Idea Theater, and hey; they're free.

Pictures of one are here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjxN7vET
The other one is similar but is set up for suspension overhead shooting down. The pictured box was the one configured for projection from bottom up. Simple to mod them either way.

These are somewhat large as they were built to house beastly old projectors, and later modified for a much smaller panasonic projector.
Outside dimensions: 25" x 18 x 12

Minimum stuff you would need to do to get these going:
  • Provide internal mounting for your projector/s
  • Provide fan/s - a computer grade AC "muffin" fan does the job.
  • Provide cable entries for power and video (I had made up short extensions for AC and S-video, these have been stripped out. But I left the holes for you!)
  • Possibly modify the glass window to accommodate your projector. (The window is in the center, most modern projector's lens is offset to the side. I was able to use newer projectors with no window mod because they were small enough to scoot to one side.)
  • Replacement filters must be cut to size. (When we made these things, I wasn't smart enough to *first* check the available sizes of standard HVAC filters. Duh.)
I'm moving this month, so if they don't find a home they will be in the dumpster soon. They can be picked up in Orange, California 92866. I'll be in and out of town until the end of January but we can work something out.
Sorry, I'm just not able to ship these things. Simply too much to do before I move.

If interested, please send me an eplaya PM.
Thanks
http://www.badideatheater.com/
"To Serve and Project"
psylentlarry

Burning Since: 1995
Camp Name: Bad Idea Theater

Re: eplaya NoCostCo (aka more free shit)

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:12 pm

I have a few hundred feet of 1 and 1.5 inch fire hose, the cloth type, some lined.
not pressure worthy, but good for padding or other stuff.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby NellieX » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:27 pm

I have a small bag of random buttons. Small, but if someone can use them, you're welcome to them.

Also a bag of coconut-shell disc beads. I bought them years ago while working at a bead shop, and have yet to do anything with them. I'll throw in a bag of ugly brown beads with white/pink dots.
NellieX

Postby lazerfox » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:41 pm

NellieX!! Me...me...over here in FL. My camp is planning to have a bracelet making station for 2012 and those would all be lovely to have :)
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Postby NellieX » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:19 am

lazerfox wrote:NellieX!! Me...me...over here in FL. My camp is planning to have a bracelet making station for 2012 and those would all be lovely to have :)

Pm me your address, I'll mail them out within the week!
NellieX

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Some seed beads. Size E and smaller.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby ygmir » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:53 pm

I have a couple of sticks of drill rod, approx 4" dia, 12' long, 3/4" wall thickness, threaded on both end, male/female.
it's high carbon steel, or some sort, so a little difficult to get a weld to stick well, but, it's tough, and heavy!! I don't know how much it weighs, but, I can only lift one stick at a time.
Also a lot of heart, redwood blocks, 2x6, varying lengths up to about a foot long.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby skibear » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Holy moly! these "sticks of hollow drill rod" 12 FEET long are some kind of heavy industrial shit.

Could be ship prop shafting ? or tubes from Homer Simpson's nuclear reactor boiler?
YMMV
skibear

Postby tattoogoddess » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 pm

I am looking for fur scraps or pieces for my bike and for whatever i can make to wear.

I need to go through my closet and see what I can give away. I think at my moms I have a huge box of costumes and old dance stuff from my sisters. Wont fit my fat butt but will fit skinnys :)
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby lazerfox » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:38 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Some seed beads. Size E and smaller.

do you still have these Fishy? I've become the unofficial parts collector for a necklace/bracelet making station for my camp. Do think they will work for said purpose?
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:51 pm

These are tiny. So, if you're using fine thread they will work. I am cleaning out, and I may find more beads later, to sweeten the pot, as it were. IN fact, I did run into a stash recently... If you don't mind waiting, there will be more, and then even if the seed beads don't work others will.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby lazerfox » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:57 pm

I know they were mostly planning on using hemp (which prob wouldn't work) But I doubt we will reject if people also donate thinner material options.

And no hurry whatsoever, we have until August :wink:
lazerfox

Postby trilobyte » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:58 pm

In my travels, I happen to go to Burning Man pretty regularly. No not Black Rock City, but BMHQ - the Burning Man mothership. On a recent visit, I got a handful of some of the best Burning Man stickers from the last few years to be able to share with people. I've also got a bag or two of playa dust, for those who may be interested in seeing what that's all about.

I'll send care packages off to the first dozen or so people who PM me their mailing info. You'll get an assortment of stickers and a ziploc bag with some alkali-rich playa dust straight from BRC (if you don't want dust, that's okay - just mention that in your PM).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby International Incident » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:03 pm

This is a shout for an item wanted.
We are looking for a old Foosball table that we can do up (and "barbie-fy").
Does anyone have an old one cluttering up their shed? PM me back if you know of one that's lying around not being used.
It will go to a good(?) home.
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby moonrise » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:02 pm

One genuine,

Women's white fencing coat. Size 34, w/ a pair of plastic boobie cups (I think they must be for boobs, there are inside pockets they seem to fit into) and a random yellow strap with snaps that came with it when I bought it, with the helmet (sorry, I'm keeping the helmet!). The coat is clean, all white, has a quilted front side, cut in strange angles, heavy duty cloth and is in good condition and it has all sorts of chrome snaps, velcro patches and an under the crotch strap and D rings and looks off-the-wall enough to make some sort of interesting costume (for a gal or a guy) Maybe a freindly straight jacket or a corset like thing?

Sorry I don't have a photo,(yet). Maybe look it up by the maker: Amercan Fencers Supply Company, 1180 Folsom St, SF, CA 94103.

Please be willing to pay shipping USPS (I think it weighs 2 lbs, maybe 3?) and I'll gladly mail it off to ya'! (no lottery, give-a-way is FCFS!) ;) :P
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby moonrise » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:10 pm

I think we have a winner! ^^^^ :P I know she'll loooove this and it's her size too!

ETA: Thanks for opening NoCostCo AntiM; only here would this coat find a proper "home" haha!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby AntiM » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Yer welcome.

Next up, a pair of Japanese yukata. Size largish, but not largish enough to fit around me, I'd guess a 14/16?? Otherwise "free size". Cotton, of course. Ankle/calf length depending on your height. One is blue and white geometric design, one is white with maroon and bluish-grey bamboo pattern. Sashes included. I'd like them to go as a pair and NOT TO BE CUT UP OR USED FOR SCRAPS. Please!!!! (Lie to me if you must)
One was mine, one was mom's. Nice and soft, and perfect to wear one the playa for those early morning potty runs.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby tamarakay » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:20 pm

AntiM wrote:Yer welcome.

Next up, a pair of Japanese yukata. Size largish, but not largish enough to fit around me, I'd guess a 14/16?? Otherwise "free size". Cotton, of course. Ankle/calf length depending on your height. One is blue and white geometric design, one is white with maroon and bluish-grey bamboo pattern. Sashes included. I'd like them to go as a pair and NOT TO BE CUT UP OR USED FOR SCRAPS. Please!!!! (Lie to me if you must)
One was mine, one was mom's. Nice and soft, and perfect to wear one the playa for those early morning potty runs.

And double dibs! I swear I won't cut them up and you will still get to visit them!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby moonrise » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Aww, that's sweet! ^^^^

Com'n guys! Where are the man clothes?? (look who's talking, I have yet to post any myself, yet)
moonrise

Postby maryanimal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Damn...my computer froze when I saw AntiM's post! They did go to a good home! _
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby AntiM » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Sorry, MA, I saw my messages before I saw the forum!

And Moon, MyLArry's clothes are pretty darn small. The man wears a junior miss 14 after all!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby ygmir » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:35 pm

AntiM wrote:Sorry, MA, I saw my messages before I saw the forum!

And Moon, MyLArry's clothes are pretty darn small. The man wears a junior miss 14 after all!

I guess he and I won't share costumes then.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby moonrise » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Augh!!! Okay, I'll bite...Imma XXL (I'm hoping to get back to my healthy young buck size of XL by burn week, I think I can do it too!) Time for a walk!

ETA: If I do or do not get back to "healthy young buck size" I'll probably fit anything in between XL and XXL...depends on the clothes, which do not make the man, or something like that! :wink: (I'm 6ft, on the dot, so there!)

I'm searching for more unique & interesting clothes, they seem to be popular here and I know I have a few good something or others hanging around. :D
moonrise

Postby magic8ball » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 pm

moonrise wrote:Augh!!! Okay, I'll bite...Imma XXL (I'm hoping to get back to my healthy young buck size of XL by burn week, I think I can do it too!) Time for a walk!

ETA: If I do or do not get back to "healthy young buck size" I'll probably fit anything in between XL and XXL...depends on the clothes, which do not make the man, or something like that! :wink: (I'm 6ft, on the dot, so there!)

I'm searching for more unique & interesting clothes, they seem to be popular here and I know I have a few good something or others hanging around. :D

I am predict you will be 110 kilos.
ALL KNOWING, ALL SEEING
Cousin of Horace
magic8ball

Re: eplaya NoCostCo (aka more free)

Postby Clutch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:56 pm

I have an old Westinghouse with a weird modified suspension;) Great for anyone who knows how to work on or fix an electric Golf Cart. It's a great project car. It just needs news deep cycle batteries, tires, and some TLC.

Be realistic before taking this cart as this is a PROJECT VEHICLE. So unless you know how to work on it, have experience with electric motors, or know of a friend who is good with golf carts, I would consider something else.

GREAT POTENTIAL FOR A MUTANT VEHICLE!!

If you have a pick-up truck, come on by and it's you're for free.

-Bill
call or text: 415-606-4350
Attachments
225640_10150162727366701_612771700_7070440_49689_n.jpg
225640_10150162727366701_612771700_7070440_49689_n.jpg (95.11 KiB) Viewed 1586 times
-If I say I'm going to do it, I'll do it.
Clutch

Postby moonrise » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Nice gift Clutch! I think a used (or new?) gas 4 stroke motor can be put into this with relative ease, and do it for similar cost too? I doubt many will disagree, gas is the way to go (from what I've been told by burners who helped me with my cart).
moonrise

Postby ygmir » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:18 pm

I've got a free, running old Homelite chainsaw....... a real "mankiller"........40" bar, and it's from the 60's, so weighs about 60 lbs. but, it runs........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby trilobyte » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:16 pm

It's been a busy week, but I managed to make sure the care packages went out to those who'd contacted me. We'll see how long it takes for them to get through the post :)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby tamarakay » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:51 pm

I posted this on Hookadude's free shit thread too, but this seems to be my day for crossposting. I have a large men's military style coat. Long coat, looks kinda army formal, but not dress blues. For those of you who met Ken at the m&g it's too tight in the shoulders/armpits for him, but fits in length. He's 6'2" and about 200/210 pounds. So if you are slightly smaller than that, this would work. I was just going to rip the seams and put in extenders, but this sucker is double lined.

Ken says the last suit we bought him was a 46 long, so if you are 42 or so, this is your coat.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby moonrise » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:55 pm

trilobyte wrote:It's been a busy week, but I managed to make sure the care packages went out to those who'd contacted me. We'll see how long it takes for them to get through the post :)

BIG thanks! The necklaces were a nice surprise and I have sent out many, many of the stickers (and a couple necklaces too) through the mail and in person. 8)

Gracias Amigo!
moonrise

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Share Resources