My ticket solution...build a tunnel!!!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: My ticket solution...build a tunnel!!!

Postby Corbin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Congratulations to all lottery winners.... may your future be fortuitous!
Corbin

Postby Wrath » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:50 am

Max Callahan wrote:
Wrath wrote:
trilobyte wrote:Picks and shovels, bitches. Let's kick off "Burners Without Shoulders" and start a chain gang road crew to widen the hundred or so miles of 447 that are needed to bust that population cap wide open…. Just sayin' :mrgreen:

Fuck all that. Push the energy into refurbishing train tracks.

How do i get my yurt/55 gallons of water/2000 costume changes/giant penis fire sculpture/bar a) onto the train, b) from the train station to the camp?

Not everyone builds stuff out there. Not everyone who helps build things haul them out. Those people who don't drive should have an option other than taking up space in someone's car.
Wrath

Postby Max Callahan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Wrath wrote:
Max Callahan wrote:
Wrath wrote:Fuck all that. Push the energy into refurbishing train tracks.

How do i get my yurt/55 gallons of water/2000 costume changes/giant penis fire sculpture/bar a) onto the train, b) from the train station to the camp?

Not everyone builds stuff out there. Not everyone who helps build things haul them out. Those people who don't drive should have an option other than taking up space in someone's car.

Everyone does however need to bring 90 pounds of water with them, add on a weeks food, clothing a tent and bedding, and that's a hell of a lot to haul even for _only_ a mile.
I'm big on trains in general, but they're poor for this application, we'd be better off bringing in nondrivers in busses, then we could drop people off in city much closer to where they are going to camp.
Max Callahan

Postby Sail Man » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:10 pm

ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I dunno, ygmir. They're gonna be so hot and dusty after that train ride, and carrying their gear to the city...

Whadaya think, you, me, Simon? Build some showers for them...

a golden idea, Fishy.

Yes, but just don't eat the snow
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby engineerbender » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:13 pm

chickendinner wrote:you could always just land an aircraft in BRC or skydive...

my thoughts exactly.
Skydive in.

Quick pick up.
Parachute sun canopy for the shade structure
engineerbender

Postby ygmir » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Sail Man wrote:
ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I dunno, ygmir. They're gonna be so hot and dusty after that train ride, and carrying their gear to the city...

Whadaya think, you, me, Simon? Build some showers for them...

a golden idea, Fishy.

Yes, but just don't eat the snow

well, as long as you watch out where the Huskies go.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 pm

But....what if your Huskies are keen on hydration and piss clear?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby AKDMAN » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:47 am

Some silly eplaya moderator tried to derail my camps plans of skydiving in by giving us the misinformation that you need a ticket to skydive into Burningman, boo to that,
anyways, skydiving is out, whats in, basejumping with a squirell suit on...... crunch the data, brc is how far from the mountains? the perimiter fence is how tall? peice of cake
The Spenard Bar 2.0
We did this shit already, but fuck it, lets do it again
AKDMAN

Postby ygmir » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:50 am

AKDMAN wrote:Some silly eplaya moderator tried to derail my camps plans of skydiving in by giving us the misinformation that you need a ticket to skydive into Burningman, boo to that,
anyways, skydiving is out, whats in, basejumping with a squirell suit on...... crunch the data, brc is how far from the mountains? the perimiter fence is how tall? peice of cake

maybe, basejump the water tower in Gerlach, then drive in?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Wrath » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Max Callahan wrote:Everyone does however need to bring 90 pounds of water with them, add on a weeks food, clothing a tent and bedding, and that's a hell of a lot to haul even for _only_ a mile.
I'm big on trains in general, but they're poor for this application, we'd be better off bringing in nondrivers in busses, then we could drop people off in city much closer to where they are going to camp.

Why not have two people from the camp come in driving a box van full of all that and everyone else come in on the neo-victorian steampunk conveyance? Toss the airport to the north side and extend the trash fence to the train station like Athens to Piraeus!

For years I've found myself taking the train to Reno, only to find myself in some automobile covered in food, water, speaker wire, etc. I understand that it's not the choice for everyone. But if the rails aren't busy enough for our traffic to be an issue, or worse yet if they're sitting abandoned and rotting, why shouldn't it be looked into?

Anyone know who to talk to about those tracks?
Wrath

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:31 pm

The tracks are owned by Union Pacific. They are frequently used by high speed freight trains always visible from the event. There is an unused train station in Gerlach as well as a multi track siding. There may be a track to Empire. I have heard there is a track to the closed sheet rock plant but I could not see it on google maps.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Sham » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 am

Our camp is thinking of setting up a cannon on the paved road and sending each camp mate to our designated spot, one at a time. I'm thinking one ticket for a truck to drive our supplies, and we'll use the cannon until either we are all there or until someone dies! (I'll volunteer to drive the truck :D )
Sham

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion