The LEtsGO Lounge is looking for campmates!

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

The LEtsGO Lounge is looking for campmates!

Postby clerkkent » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Despite the flux in ticket availability this year, we’re looking forward to 6 months from now. Normally we turn the planning faucet on full blast by now, but this year we’re going to start slow and build up to a roar.. We –should- have a couple of returnees from previous years, but always like having fun, fresh, dependable faces in the mix. WE aren’t selective about how many times you’ve been.. If this is your first time or 21st time, we’re open. Our concern is that campmates be interesting, self sufficient, laid back/drama free, helpful & non smoking (at least in camp) My aim would be to have synergy between all the campmates. We don’t need to hang out every minute of the day, but when we see each other, we enjoy each other’s company and strive to help each other. We can recount our experiences over a communal meal, and if one of us has had too much libations, we know that our campmates have our back.

The theme camp is named the LEtsGO Lounge. We have gallons and gallons of Lego building blocks for people to come in and build art cars or whatnot, and if they wish, they get to keep their creations. We are open to other complementary ideas as well. We have up to three geodesic domes, which would be heart of the camp infrastructure. There would be no required hours to work, no deposits needed, and it won't be a full time, loud music, boisterous bar..... basically, if you're hanging out at the camp, it would be 'open', and if no one is at the camp, then it is ' closed'. We have a few official events that are listed in the guide, but otherwise it would be self serve. It has worked well for the last several trips to the Playa.

If this interests you, drop us a line. Tell us about yourself, where you’re coming from, why you want to go this year, what you’re hoping to get out of the experience, and what you can bring to the camp. Id like to brainstorm and get a rough count of how many campers are in, so we can develop a plan of who is bringing what and when. A skill set we always have a desire for really use is someone with sewing knowledge and equipment, particularly for heavier fabrics like faux fur. One camp project we want to work on is an improved and efficient evaporation pond. People with vehicles and/or trailers to haul people and stuff are always in demand. And of course, those who have unwanted Lego that they want to ‘rehome’ will be given a hug and a kiss.

If you’re local, it would be great because we can meet up and work on some projects. I’m based in Fairfield, in Solano county, East Bay, California. Halfway between San Francisco and Sacramento on highway 80. But if you’re flying in from some faraway land, that’s cool as well.

NOTE: We don't have any spare tickets.. we don't even have enough tickets for our core. Potential campmates should already have their ticket lined up.
7 burns and counting. Each one gets better.
clerkkent

Re: The LEtsGO Lounge is looking for campmates!

Postby Elderberry » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:06 pm

I wouldn't recommend anyone join this camp. IT'S NOT THAT IMPORTANT! :wink:
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby lemur » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:11 pm

JOIN THIS CAMP!! IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby clerkkent » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:31 pm

Now look what I had to do... use a crude photoshop -like program from 2002 and get creative.
Attachments
lego campaign.jpg
C'mon
lego campaign.jpg (57.51 KiB) Viewed 894 times
clerkkent

Postby HookahGod » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:59 pm

do you like hookah?
2012 - Bedouin Tea Lounge 4:00 and H
2011 - Janky as Fuck
2010 - Virgin
HookahGod

Postby 9ah » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Is this the same Lego Bar that me and a friend built a Berlin Wall at before having a bit of spike lemonade? I hope you guys get a core and can make it back!!

bakers dozen/9ah
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby clerkkent » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:36 pm

it -might- be.. We are the LEtsGO Lounge, (around 4:30 and E), and there was a Lego Bar camp (with vehicle) around the 7 o'clock spoke, IIRC.

I don't know if they are going this year, but it might be interesting to mash the two camps together.
clerkkent

Postby clerkkent » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:54 pm

If anyone wants to visit, we'll be at 445 and Foxglove.. same as last year. :)
clerkkent

Return to 2012 Theme Camps