change regular US order to will call

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

change regular US order to will call

Postby darthppringles » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Hey everybody!

I have a question regarding changing a regular order made for shipping within the states to will call under someone else name?
I have already contacted the org, but days gone by and still no reply. Im guessing they got a lot going on over at HQ.

A friend is selling me his two tickets due to changed plans, but I live outside the states and therefor will call is the only option for me.

Does anyone here know how to proceed when changing a regular order to will call under a different name?

Thankful for all advice and help.
Difficult times.
darthppringles

Re: change regular US order to will call

Postby Savannah » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi Darthppringles. (Great nick).

Use this form and select "Change name on a Will Call order".

http://tickets2.burningman.com/contact.php
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby trilobyte » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Changing the name on an order will not be possible until ticket fulfillment happens, sorry. The seller can change the ship-to address on their order or change it to will call, but it will still be in their name. In this case they would need to change the order to will-call (using the standard procedure) so that it won't be shipped out, and then when ticket fulfillment happens they'll need to send in the request to change the order so it's in your name. Alternatively they could just have the tickets shipped, and then when they receive them they send them to you (though use some kind of priority service with tracking numbers and all that).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby darthppringles » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:04 am

Hi

English is my third language, so lets see if I got this right.

Ticket fulfillment, meaning when tickets are shipped out in june? I rather not wait that long. The longer I wait, the bigger the chance that he changes his mind or realizes that he can make tons of money out of the ticket by selling it for higher than face value. I randomly got in touch with this guy, so I dont actually know him personally. He saw the video "the places" and registered for tickets without thinking much, never been to the burn. Then found out his sister is getting married on the same weekend and therefor now will sell me his. In my camp of 20 only 3 got tickets and we have been to the burn, got placed, but never registered as being a theme camp so the chances are very slim we will get tickets via burning man this year.

So right now, he could and should be doing these steps:
1. Change the order to will call
2. change name on the will call order

The way we agreed is, the second I get a conformation from the org saying I got two tickets under my name, im sending him his money.

This whole process, applying for tickets, waiting for the answer, waiting for the orgs next steps, finding a ticket, waiting for the orgs reply....... it is not easy. burning man, keeps testing and pushing my limits even outside the playa. But cheers for positive thoughts!
darthppringles

Postby pink » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:10 am

Ive got another question. A friend of mine bought two, his wife refused to go, so I'm getting the extra. He opted for will call. I'll have early entry for my camp, but he may not. Can the name on one of the tickets at will call be changed? Ive always opted to have my ticket shipped to me, so I'm not that familiar with will call procedures.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby nncoco » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 am

I did a partial transfer of a ticket order last year after the sell-out. There was a consent form, a letter from the seller and ID's required.

To the OP above: If he is a real friend that you can trust, pay him now and transfer the tickets later.
nncoco

Postby trilobyte » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 am

Sorry Darth, you've got to wait until June.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am

@Pink - will call orders can not be split up. The name on the whole order can be changed, and would need to be changed to the name of the first person to arrive. That first person would need to show up (depending on how early the arrival is, during box office hours) and show ID and get the tickets. That person would then be able to put the remaining ticket in the other person's name and leave it at the box office.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby darthppringles » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:41 pm

but how does that make sense?
Whats the point of changing to will call once the ticket is shipped in june?

There has to be a possibility to change an order to will call now, and then change the name of the will call. And since it is will call and the ticket wont be shipped, there shouldnt be any point in waiting until june?

Thank you for the responses.
I will wait until the Org replies and see what they have to say about it.
If nothing cant be done now.. it seems risky to wait until june to get my tickets.
darthppringles

Postby trilobyte » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm sorry you're having a hard time grasping it.

Ticket fulfillment will happen in June.

That means buyers in the pre-sale or the main sale have to wait until June to be able to sell or transfer tickets.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby darthppringles » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:21 pm

got it.
darthppringles

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion