STEP and Low Income launches DELAYED to February 29

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

STEP and Low Income launches DELAYED to February 29

Postby trilobyte » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Heads-up, the Tickets page has just been updated to reflect a delay in the launch of the Low Income application process and the Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP). Where they had previously been slated to start on February 15th (Low Income) and 22nd (STEP), they will now launch on February 29th.

Tickets Page wrote:UPDATE 2/13/12: We are postponing the launch of our new Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP) and the opening of our Low Income Ticket Program application until February 29th so that we can evaluate the current ticket landscape and put measures in place to address the community's concerns.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: STEP and Low Income launches DELAYED to February 29

Postby Jackass » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:51 pm

Good to know, wait til the masses hear about this they'll be ape shit for another two weeks..

as.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't worry, it'll get weird...
Jackass

Postby lemur » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:08 am

I predict this is good news..

we will find out the reason why on wednesday...

i make predictions..

i dont offer solutions.. but predictions are good.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby ZaphodBurner » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:22 am

I can live with that.

When a storm blows through and shreds everything, you have to wait for the dust to settle before you can take stock of things and figure out how to rebuild with what you have left. None of this sucks nearly as bad as somebody walking into your perfect day and telling you that New Orleans is underwater and the entire gulf coast has been wiped off the map, and that there are people in Black Rock City who have nowhere to go, nothing but what they have with them, and no idea whether their loved ones are alive.

This is more like the 2008 burn, sitting there in the endless wind, clawing dust out of your eyes hoping the storm doesn't cancel the burn. About midnight, just when people had almost given up--thousands had--the flood lights went out, the neon flickered back to life, and the fire started.

We'll get through this.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby pink » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:05 am

Zaphod, if there were a hand clap smiley....
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby jkisha » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:04 am

LOL :roll:
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

From the top: STEP Postponed until the 29th.

Postby mshaman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:26 am

http://tickets.burningman.com/

The planning ability of art collectives is affected by another week's delay. My faith in the LLC/BMorg's ability to execute is further called into question. I'd like to hear the thoughts of others on this subject, so that I can be "half-full". :-)
The road of life is littered with flat squirrels who couldn't decide.
mshaman

Re: From the top: STEP Postponed until the 29th.

Postby SquirrelHead » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:30 am

Hopefully they are just working the bugs out of the system so they don't have an issues. They know they are under the microscope and want things to go smoothly. I would rather they push it back a week instead of roll it out with issues. I am still positive about getting a ticket for this years burn.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
dirty little reclaimed BURGIN. Ruining Burning Man since 2012.
SquirrelHead

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:33 am

Al reves.. my faith has gone UP. I take the delay as further planning and refining. Would you rather have a half-baked, underdone solution a week earlier? Just relax.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby mshaman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:50 am

junglesmacks wrote:Al reves.. my faith has gone UP. I take the delay as further planning and refining. Would you rather have a half-baked, underdone solution a week earlier? Just relax.

I agree, I'd rather have it be more stable if it means waiting a week, OK. Having been a project manager for large IT implementations, the slip in schedule calls the competence of the management team into question. You balance scope, resources, and schedule. If you don't define scope, you can't manage resources or schedule effectively. Being behind schedule, over budget, and missing features is a hallmark of bad management, and is usually a result of the failure to define what it is you're doing (scope) in the first place. So the slip doesn't increase my faith in the management, but it DOES increase my faith in the implementation.

*fingers crossed that a)the system is well-implemented and b)there are actually tickets put into it.*
The road of life is littered with flat squirrels who couldn't decide.
mshaman

Postby HandJamMasterC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:00 am

Marion was on the news last night ( on our local CBS affiliate here in the Sacramento area ) and stated that there would be an announcement tomorrow ( Wed Feb. 15th ) regarding the ticket situation. Just relax for 24 hours, kiss some one, buy someone a glass of champagne and dinner and enjoy Valentines Day. 8)
CAMP D.O.A.

Fun As A Scorched Earth Policy...........

https://sites.google.com/site/campdoa/
HandJamMasterC

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:23 am

Merging this morning's thread with the one from last night.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby JCarter » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 am

I was wondering what that horrific shrieking was last night. I thought it was one of the dire wolves that had gotten out of the enclosure.

No, it was this happening. Well, back to the Lair of Horrible Creepiness.
If Neil deGrasse Tyson pulled me off the street to tell me about astronomy that would be awesome. If I was in Amsterdam when this happened and could convince him to tell me about it at a coffeeshop it would be ideal. Just sayin'.
JCarter

Postby hotmess » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:26 am

Best to postone STEP and the low income for an extra week. Would be bad not to have all your ducks in row. I am cool with waiting an extra week if it means that they are taking these problems seriously and looking for solutions while making sure their infrastructure is secure, sound and ready to deal with incoming and outgoing tickets. Shame they didn't postpone the lottery drawing once they saw the numbers and the likely hood of what was going to happen.
hotmess

Camp Name: Kamp Krusty

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:59 am

JCarter wrote:Well, back to the Lair of Horrible Creepiness.

It's the Vanna White afgan that really makes it.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby JCarter » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:06 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
JCarter wrote:Well, back to the Lair of Horrible Creepiness.

It's the Vanna White afgan that really makes it.

*AHEM*

It is the Vanilla White Afghan of Icky Terror, sir and/or madam and it is Creepy as Fuck. People have nightmares about that Vanilla White Afghan. PH33R the afghan!

Oh, and before I forget.

Even though I think that the extra week will make things a bit more difficult for extremely large theme camps/art installations, I think that the trade off in a better/more well thought out plan makes it the better option.

I would also like to point out that this gives everyone outside the BMORG more time for their voices to be heard and to develop new and interesting ideas outside of making tickets non-transferrable(which I am not saying is a bad idea, I'm just saying that I am only ish watching all of this shake out and I've seen that idea 65038384757372 times already).
If Neil deGrasse Tyson pulled me off the street to tell me about astronomy that would be awesome. If I was in Amsterdam when this happened and could convince him to tell me about it at a coffeeshop it would be ideal. Just sayin'.
JCarter

Postby FeetOfClay » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Dammit! I switched shifts with someone at work tomorrow to make sure I'd be home to fill out Low Income app. as soon as it went up :(

But, as many say, maybe the delay is better: more planning and refining!

Gonna find a fun way to spend my unexpected day-off-from-work tomorrow.

Hitchcock has a run for his money: Masters of Suspense: BMorg? ;)
What is this quintessence of dust?
FeetOfClay

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Anonymous Village

Postby maryanimal » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Query: if you don't get a low income ticket, can you apply for the step program? And before I possibly get beat down with, "if you can afford the step program, why are you applying for the LI ticket?". I'm not asking for myself!

Love you all! See you on the playa! And If I don't get to go, I'll live vicariously through you!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Sweetys » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:09 am

Hi every one ! I've just finished read the JRS mail, abour STEP program.
We come from france, my girl friend and I, and we are burners since 2009. We have only one credit card for two both, and this, like the other year, we used it to register to the main sale ... unfortunetly were'nt lucky at the lottery, and we are now waiting for the 29th february.

I read this on the JRS mail:
You may only purchase one ticket through STEP; this ticket is non-transferable and can only be held at Will Call

As we used one card to order two tickets, with one account, does that mean only one of us will be able to get ticket ??? I register to lottery to get 2 tickets with our only credit card, I hope step will permit me to get 2 get, as my first request was !!
Sweetys

Postby ZaphodBurner » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Sweetys wrote:Hi every one ! I've just finished read the JRS mail, abour STEP program.
We come from france, my girl friend and I, and we are burners since 2009. We have only one credit card for two both, and this, like the other year, we used it to register to the main sale ... unfortunetly were'nt lucky at the lottery, and we are now waiting for the 29th february.

I read this on the JRS mail:
You may only purchase one ticket through STEP; this ticket is non-transferable and can only be held at Will Call

As we used one card to order two tickets, with one account, does that mean only one of us will be able to get ticket ??? I register to lottery to get 2 tickets with our only credit card, I hope step will permit me to get 2 get, as my first request was !!

Marian acknowledged this, and rumor is they're actively trying to find a solution. Keep you fingers crossed!

"I can't lie about your chances but, you have my sympathies." -Ash, ALIEN
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby Mosquitopilate » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Is the 29th when emails come to register fo STEP?
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Burning Since: 2001

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion