Is Your Theme Camp Now Missing Most of its Members?

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Re: Is Your Theme Camp Now Missing Most of its Members?

Postby ygmir » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:24 am

Sail Man wrote:
ygmir wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:"Injun not lost, teepee lost!"

where the "Fugahwhee"?

Near Topinabee ?

I'd be lost, too, near Mullett lake............societal hairstyle...........*shuddering*..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Trishntek » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:58 am

It's probably safe to say that 75% of camps have a significant number of people without a ticket. Then there's which people within the camp that are without a ticket: be it a core expertise, core equipment, art, art work, etc.

I trust BMorg has a much larger sample size from their phone survey.
Canoe

And I'm simply saying, "It's safe to say that 75% of camps had a significant number of people without a ticket this time a year ago."

You are assuming all tickets are sold and unavailable when in fact the event is 7 months away and a large number of people were forced to buy tickets at a time when many will change their minds for many reasons. The STEP program has not even launched and you are assuming it does not exist. Give it a chance! Patience will prevail and this is only the beginning of the process. Nothing is a done deal until we have our tickets in hand this summer.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby hotmess » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:02 am

Trishntek wrote:
You are assuming all tickets are sold and unavailable when in fact the event is 7 months away and a large number of people were forced to buy tickets at a time when many will change their minds for many reasons. The STEP program has not even launched and you are assuming it does not exist. Give it a chance! Patience will prevail and this is only the beginning of the process. Nothing is a done deal until we have our tickets in hand this summer.

I agree. Now that the dust is settling I am realizing that just because you don't have tickets does not mean you won't be making it out there. People bought tickets and most likely won them thinking, "YEAH, I'm going". But so much can happen between now and August and I think we will find many people coming to the realization that they can no longer go. We just need to encourage all those that do decide not to go to use STEP and prevent third party scalpers from getting their hands on the tickets.
hotmess

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Kamp Krusty

Postby Trishntek » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:18 am

:evil:FIGJAM:"Injun not lost, teepee lost!"

ygmir: where the "Fugahwhee"?

Sail Man: Near Topinabee ?

ygmir: I'd be lost, too, near Mullett lake............societal hairstyle...........*shuddering*..........

I'm proud to declare I've never been lost,,,,, confused for a day or two yes,,,, but NEVER lost
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Previous

Return to 2012 Theme Camps