Let's make some playa art!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Let's make some playa art!

Postby Dork » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:09 pm

There was way too little art out on the open playa this year. I'd like to do something about it for next year!

I'm a bit lacking in artistic vision, but I have access to a decent metalworking shop and some fabrication skills. Do you have a great idea that you'd love to build but don't have the space/equipment/skills to pull it off? Let's talk! I'm in SF and it would be great it we could work on it together, but if you're distant but good at sketches or computer models that could work too.

Also, if you have a cool idea that you know you won't get to, this would be a great place to post it.
Dork

Postby TheMuse » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:10 pm

I am extremely interested... my friend Chillable Red and I are seriously thinking of doing an art installation. He lives in SF and I in Oakland, so maybe the three of us can meet for drinks somewhere to see if we would all make a good combo.

For a preview of some of my work, check out the Spike's website, I was the artist who did the flames, runes, etc.
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
TheMuse

i am a beginner welder

Postby vividvortex » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:29 pm

and all around artistically inclined...if you need any help my e-mail is vividortex@hotmail.com...peace
vividvortex

Postby bullD » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:43 pm

ehhh, lets!!!! I'm brain stormin right now. Do any welding?
bullD

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities