A big hello

A big hello

Postby bluberryln » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:09 am

It looks like a lot of people introducing themselves on here are virgins and I am no exception! I don't have a ticket yet but will be getting one. I am staying positive. Two of my friends each got one and I know of some other Mainers holding them as well. I will have all fingers and toes crossed to make it to this event this year. This is my year to remove the shackles I have built for myself and set them on fire. 8 years of college and owning a business will do that to ya.

I plan on volunteering and participating in some fashion. I also have tons of gifts to bring that I have accumulated over the years. I will be stalking the boards to see who needs help and will be in touch. I am also toying around with providing a bar of some sort. We'll see. I'm on the last stretch of finishing this degree.

I have heard so much about Burning Man over the years the need to go has crept up on me. I feel like I should have gone when my friends were going back in the 90's but it wasn't calling me at the time. I can't wait to go and WILL see you there!!!!!!!!!
bluberryln

Re: A big hello

Postby tamarakay » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:15 am

Hello and welcome! I like your attitude, good luck with the ticket hunt!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby lemur » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:16 am

WHY HELLO THERE!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby jkisha » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:09 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby bluberryln » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 am

Hi there. Thanks for the welcome. I have read lots of post by all three of you. I am getting so much information from all of these discussions. Excuse my dry writing style. I have been in paper writing mode for way too long and tend to write everything that way now. Not for much longer. I graduate this year and it will be back to my true passions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to meet you in person some day in the dust............................ :mrgreen:

I am also thinking of something to do with umbrellas. Details to be disclosed soon.
bluberryln

Postby tamarakay » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 am

Cant wait to hear more! Sounds intriguing. I rather like your dry style.
Come on by Barbie death camp and paint a scarf in my little dye shop, would love to meet you. Also there is an eplaya meet and greet on Thursday evening. Loads of fun!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby bluberryln » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:47 am

tamarakay wrote:Cant wait to hear more! Sounds intriguing. I rather like your dry style.
Come on by Barbie death camp and paint a scarf in my little dye shop, would love to meet you. Also there is an eplaya meet and greet on Thursday evening. Loads of fun!

I have a bunch of paper umbrellas from China and was thinking of a similar sort of project. I am thinking of bringing paper umbrellas for people to paint and decorate. I will definitely stop by Barbie Death Camp!
bluberryln

Postby Savannah » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi bluberryln! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to Introduce Yourself!