Camp Site Size??

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Camp Site Size??

Postby letmysmilebeyours » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Virgin Burner in the midst of planning my friend and I's Campsite, however im just wondering what are the size of the plots? Are they kind of sectioned off that each person has a 20x20 lot or is it just set up your stuff and move it around accordingly to however crowded the area around you gets? Ive tried searching for answers but can't get any real answers. Any rough idea of how big it could be where its inviting to come on in and chill out for a while, but not so huge I make enemies off the bat from being ill informed would be awesome! Thanks in advance everyone!
The hair got longer and the beard got bigger, the colours got brighter and the smile turned wider, all because my mind was set free
letmysmilebeyours

Re: Camp Site Size??

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:14 pm

The only groups to have allotted camp sizes are registered theme camps and villages. The spaces taken by them will be clearly marked when the map for this year is released.

Only take as much space as you need for your camps- tents/ RV's/ hexayurts, shade structure, parked vehicles etc. "Landgrabbing" (taking more space than you need) is considered rude in BRC. If you want some space to spread out, camp on the back streets where there is almost always extra room.

This satellite view will give you a good look at how tight it can get in some places and how open it gets towards the back (further from the Man)
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby FIGJAM » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:23 pm

This one is easier to use, but this years isn't out yet.

Zoom in and play around! 8)

http://gigapan.org/gigapans/66285?fullscreen_redirect=true
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby letmysmilebeyours » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks for the replies! I dont want to be a "landgrabber" but thats what i needed to know, ill keep it compact!
The hair got longer and the beard got bigger, the colours got brighter and the smile turned wider, all because my mind was set free
letmysmilebeyours

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:36 pm

FIGJAM wrote:This one is easier to use, but this years isn't out yet.

Zoom in and play around! 8)

http://gigapan.org/gigapans/66285?fullscreen_redirect=true

Glad you posted the Figjam, for some reason I'd lost the link. Now I can bookmark it again!
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:34 pm

400 square feet per person is the average square footage use for the camp I am in. This includes everything.... Vehicles, trailers, tents, shade, common areas and walkways.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Return to Shelter & Camping