Ticket solution?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Ticket solution?

Postby TomServo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:34 pm

. Here's MY proposal, to avoid another ticket clusterfuck in the future.

-Tickets go on sale, by tier.
-Purchaser of ticket will have his/her name and ticket number on file.
-Purchaser of ticket will print confirmation notice, with his/her name and number.
-Should purchaser of ticket be unable to attend, he/she will be reimbursed/re-credited, minus a redemption fee. Ticket order must be recalled within 10 days of the event.
-Returned ticket order will be placed back on the market at the original tier value.
-ALL tickets will be picked up at a designated will call center. ID and confirmation number required.
Designated will call centers:
Reno area- 3 or 4 locations, for Burners traveling through Reno, en route to Burning Man.
Fernley- for Burners traveling from the East and South
BRC gate- for Burners flying into Reno, from north 447 and early arrival.
Major City will calls- SF, LA, NYC, etc... Open August 25 to August 28?

Printing individual names to a ticket would be nice. Any thoughts?
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Re: Ticket solution?

Postby CornMan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Everything looks cool except the tiers. What is the function of tiers now that the event can easily sell out in hours if not minutes?
The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever
CornMan

Postby TomServo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:16 pm

at least this way, the lower tier tickets would pop back up, as the event draws near.

TomServo

Postby Rice » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:56 pm

TomServo wrote:. Here's MY proposal, to avoid another ticket clusterfuck in the future.

-Purchaser of ticket will print confirmation notice, with his/her name and number.
-Should purchaser of ticket be unable to attend, he/she will be reimbursed/re-credited, minus a redemption fee. Ticket order must be recalled within 10 days of the event.
-Returned ticket order will be placed back on the market at the original tier value.
-ALL tickets will be picked up at a designated will call center. ID and confirmation number required.
Reno area- 3 or 4 locations, for Burners traveling through Reno, en route to Burning Man.

So, basically you want everyone to go and pick up their tickets just before driving up to BRC? Really? You know that there could be 10000 (ten thousand) people trying to get their tickets at exactly the same time? How the heck would you handle that? How do you pick where you are going to get your ticket from?

This idea would certainly reduce scalping. But, oh geeze... There are some serious logistical challenges. I am pretty sure that most people are going to freak out when they get to the gate and realize they need to drive back to Reno to get their ticket.

Good try.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:59 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ANOTHER TICKET THREAD IS THIS A JOKE? IT IS A JOKE RIGHT?

we have covered this topic already havent we?
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby inog » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Looking to support constructive ideas -

In some countries when you use a credit card to buy a plane ticket, you need to show up with a photocopy of the credit card to use the ticket.

In the Burning Man scenario, the ticket purchased can be used by anyone, but you need to have a photocopy of the credit card or ID used in the purchase to use the ticket. It works fairly well. The trick is to tie the user to the buyer. If the user had zero relation to the buyer, then the ticket cannot be used. Anonymous transfers of tickets cannot occur, gutting the scalper aftermarket and forcing tickets back to the STEP program for re-sale.

But I still think the best way is to have the actual ticket to be without any independent means of validating legitimacy. Send the tickets via PDF, or on a simple piece of black and white paper. Entry is by valid ID (ticket) number and once the number is used the ticket is void. This means third party ticket sales are essentially without any buyer security, and people would assume third party tickets were all bogus. You buy them from Burning Man in the main sale or through STEP, or from a trusted friend.
inog

Postby Herring » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Ideas and suggestions belong in many other threads

Please read the front page of the forum before hitting post instead of reply.

Hint: you're not the first to suggest names on tickets
"It's impossible." said pride.
"It's risky." said experience.
"It's pointless." said reason.
"Give it a try." whispered the heart.
Herring

Postby TomServo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Herring wrote:Ideas and suggestions belong in many other threads

Please read the front page of the forum before hitting post instead of reply.

Hint: you're not the first to suggest names on tickets

This thread was moved.

>wink< I know!

TomServo

Postby TomServo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:55 pm

stretch80 wrote:
TomServo wrote:. Here's MY proposal, to avoid another ticket clusterfuck in the future.

So, basically you want everyone to go and pick up their tickets just before driving up to BRC? Really? You know that there could be 10000 (ten thousand) people trying to get their tickets at exactly the same time? How the heck would you handle that? How do you pick where you are going to get your ticket from?

This idea would certainly reduce scalping. But, oh geeze... There are some serious logistical challenges. I am pretty sure that most people are going to freak out when they get to the gate and realize they need to drive back to Reno to get their ticket.

Good try.

I bought my first ticket at a Ticketmaster or Bass...I can't remember...and had to go somewhere for that. But yes, that is what I'm saying

TomServo

Postby Bexx » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:28 pm

What about paying in advance for next years tix?

Something like at will call or something.. Go up show you've got this years tix.. Ok, do you plan on going next yr? Yesh.. Ok, cc number is entered.. And the next yr is already bought. Have a fixed price.. Maybe $360 or something.

Not everyone would do this, but many would.. And it would help eliminate scalping and shit.

I don't know.. I've been drinking my non ticket woes away.. It sounded good in theory.
fuckshit-tit-balls-goddamn motherfucker../Little Miss Swears A Lot!
Bexx

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp _____ (cock and balls)

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:29 am

People's plans change a lot between January and August. They might change even more between January and next August.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion