art grant submission confirmation email

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

art grant submission confirmation email

Postby digitalfuckboy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:02 pm

I've submitted a proposal for a 2012 art grant and I haven't received an email confirmation. This is my first time and I've been going crazy reading the submission guidelines over and over. They say "You will receive an email confirming we have received your proposal" and that's it--it suggests that an automated email will immediately reply, but it also insists you should never ever send your proposal more than once. Thus, at 6 in the morning on the day of the deadline, I sat watching my inbox for 6 hours then finally decided that confirmation emails would be sent by and by in the following week. Now, I'm extremely concerned that nothing was received by BMORG and I'm up the creek--is there anyone out there who has submitted a proposal and knows how soon one should expect such an email? I'm about to email artgrants@burningman.com asking about it, but it would be a faux pas on a level I won't explore until another few days go by.. I know I'm the competition, but my grant only requests a couple thousand dollars, so I'm not very serious competition...can anyone ease my mind or save my grant?
do not destroy what we have created; only what we have created to destroy
digitalfuckboy

Burning Since: 2007

Re: art grant submission confirmation email

Postby digitalfuckboy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 pm

haha, I'm stupid. It says 24 hours for the confirmation email. Now I have a new question...is there anyone I can email in this matter besides the artgrants email address? Anybody know? I submitted my proposal before the deadline, but not 24 hours before the deadline, so there was no way I could confirm my valid proposal was indeed sent and I chose not to send it again because of the specificity of the instruction not to do so. I've actually emailed the artgrants address from an alternate email address and I immediately received what looked like a form reply indicating my proposal would not be reviewed. I believe my original email's domain has been blocked by burning man's servers somehow. I would let it lie, but it would be stupid to give up when I followed the directions to the letter and a technical problem seems to have foiled the whole thing.

I know they don't want to be bothered, but someone must be in charge of solving problems and I desperately need to contact that person. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by digitalfuckboy on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digitalfuckboy

Postby Bob » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Welcome to the eplaya.

What are you wearing?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby digitalfuckboy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 pm

haha! Thanks for the welcome. I'm wearing a chef coat with a matching panic hat. You seem like you've been around...know anybody on the inside? I'll tell you the color of my underwarez ;)

Whoa. I guess you are the inside, now that I look around. Well, you'll know best if I've got a chance or not...I'm guessing niche problems like this are fall-by-the-wayside material, but I can't scrape off a childish idealism that I might still have the slightest hope, having lost the ticket lottery so far. Any advice, veteran?
digitalfuckboy

Postby lemur » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:06 pm

know anyone on the inside ?

well of course he does.. that couch was left as a gift for Bob by Larry Harvey himself!!!!

(pee stains and all!!)
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby digitalfuckboy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:08 pm

You'll have to forgive my rookie mistake, thanks for setting me straight, lemur :) you just beat me to the punch: while you were posting that, I was discovering that I should have done my research in the first place :)
Last edited by digitalfuckboy on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digitalfuckboy

Postby digitalfuckboy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:11 pm

still new to eplaya and haven't made a nice profile, so in the spirit of full disclosure, here's who I am: www.dashel.com
digitalfuckboy

Postby digitalfuckboy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:46 am

solved. Thanks for the visits.
digitalfuckboy

Return to 2012 Art & Performance