Looking For LED Guru

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Looking For LED Guru

Postby abramcruz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Hello,

I am looking for someone to help me on a project I submitted for a Grant. If accepted, I would need someone good with programming or good with DMX or something to control LED lights.

I know this request may be vague, but if you are interested in learning more about my project, I'll hopefully have a website up soon to start promoting it.

Thank you,

Almost There (aka Abram)
abramcruz

Re: Looking For LED Guru

Postby dylanc » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi Abram,
I am interested in helping with this project. I am a young robotics engineer and an all around nerd, and this year will be my third burn. So far I've done some cool stuff with LED lighting for our camp but I would definitely like to take it to the next level and become involved with an art project. I'd love to hear more about your idea; and if the grant does not get approved I would consider pitching in financially as well. Even if you end up having someone else program it etc., I still might be able to help you out by sharing with you some cheap vendors for components like LEDs, sensors (if its an interactive installation), batteries, generators, control boards, relay boards, etc.

I also can help with electronically controlled flame effects if that's something you ever considered.

Thanks for providing BRC with art!
-Dylan
dylanc

Return to 2012 Art & Performance