C'mon now........

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: C'mon now........

Postby Trishntek » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Finxiekins wrote:I felt kind of bad after the lottery, I have 3 people and no tickets. But then I realized: I'm making friends. I've been invited to join the coolest camp on the playa (Barbie Death Camp, FTW!), I've already had an offer to help me look for tickets. The way I see it, instead of complaining, turn to your fellow burners for help. If that all falls through, I've gotten the chance to talk to some cool cats. I'm confident that I'll get the tickets I need because I have the determination to get there and some awesome friends to get me there!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

We have a winner!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby TomServo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:28 pm

I've read that BMORG is brainstorming over this fiasco, and trying to come up with solutions. What ever happens happens, BUT here's my $0.02

In the future, make all ticket purchases refundable AND Will Call only, with designated Will Call centers in the Reno area AND BRC gate....maybe in Fernley or Winnemucca as well. Tickets issued at Will Call with an ID and confirmation number.Just a thought.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby jella » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:55 pm

Trishntek wrote:
Finxiekins wrote:I felt kind of bad after the lottery, I have 3 people and no tickets. But then I realized: I'm making friends. I've been invited to join the coolest camp on the playa (Barbie Death Camp, FTW!), I've already had an offer to help me look for tickets. The way I see it, instead of complaining, turn to your fellow burners for help. If that all falls through, I've gotten the chance to talk to some cool cats. I'm confident that I'll get the tickets I need because I have the determination to get there and some awesome friends to get me there!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

We have a winner!

I love it when a burgin gets it.
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there.
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
jella

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Postby Finxiekins » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:22 am

jella wrote:
Trishntek wrote:

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

We have a winner!

I love it when a burgin gets it.
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.
Finxiekins

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:30 pm

There are plenty of cooler camps than BDC... Or at least as cool...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:12 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:

No, there are not.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Trishntek » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:16 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:

No, there are not.

AHEM!
Trishntek

Postby lemur » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:24 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:

yeah! just because the Dr recruits all the pretty girls on eplaya doesnt mean his camp is the coolest!!!!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby wh..sh » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 pm

lemur wrote:yeah! just because the Dr recruits all the pretty girls on eplaya doesnt mean his camp is the coolest!!!!

I guess this is where I should be offended.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:42 pm

I can assure you I certainly am.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby playa hanjin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:44 pm

piehole wrote:A buddy of mine just gave up completely. He's going to be pleasantly surprised when I find a ticket for him (after I find tickets for everyone else and make sure he gets his last because he's being a whiny whinertons)

Do you have $10-15k lined up to purchase all these tickets from all the scalpers?

I sure hope so, man.

Good luck to you and yours.
playa hanjin

Postby lemur » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:I can assure you I certainly am.

surely youre kidding!

i hope so at least, if so ! huzzah!!

if not? ..well, theres always this!!

thats 86.5 proof!!! itll cure what ails ya.
lemur

Postby graidawg » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:01 pm

oh yggi, i have been trying to be a ray of sunshine today. i should have just direxted people here.

BRC will change this year, just like it did every previous year and i am soooo excited to be going home this year, to use Halcyins idiom i was looking at he crap rather than the cone, the worst bit is it want even on my foot!
I really hope people do get tickets they need but if they dont well we can have picnics on the playa and pass the beer (and absinthe) round instead of going to carefully made bar. play the music we want to hear instead of complaining the music in the sound camps isnt to our taste. create our entertainment from what we have instead of expecting others to do it for us.

whatever happens, happens but for sure this is so true for me
jella wrote:.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Bunns » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:39 pm

I am so glad to see this forum, and while many veteran burners did not get tickets that does not mean they will not be going and there will be many virgins to share the love with. We were all virgins at some point and we need to remember that the event will never go anywhere if we get to clicky and shun thouse who have never been before. I will work hard to get all my group to the playa this year but I will still love burning man even if they (or I) am unable to make the burn.
Bunns

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:45 pm

ygmir, the cute guy in black wrote:...but, you can be Eeyore, or Tigger. you decide.
If I go down, I'd rather go down fightin, with a smile, knowing I did all I could, than sittin in the swimming pool, bitchin' because I'm wet.

Anyone who says no, I won't go, this early on in the show, doesn't deserve to go, says Owl..

Oh Pooh!!!
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby ygmir » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:
ygmir, the cute guy in black wrote:...but, you can be Eeyore, or Tigger. you decide.
If I go down, I'd rather go down fightin, with a smile, knowing I did all I could, than sittin in the swimming pool, bitchin' because I'm wet.

Anyone who says no, I won't go, this early on in the show, doesn't deserve to go, says Owl..

Oh Pooh!!!

a wonderful Pooh-em by BBS..........but, no Russian accent?............hhhmmmmm.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby pinemom » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:53 pm

You sooo fucking ROCK YGMIR!

Love you!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby lemur » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:02 pm

In 2010, we placed about 700 camps altogether.

Of these, 626 were theme camps, 39 were villages, and 35 were other camps (art support camps, for example). We declined placement for about 30 theme camps.

http://afterburn.burningman.com/10/comm ... ement.html

626 camps sure does leave a lot of room for towel thrower-inners... while still leaving room for awesome camps who actually make it out.

everyone likes to think their project is the bestest thing out there, and that without it burning man is dead.. or ruined.. (i am not excluded)

but .. 600+ theme camps ?

some attrition due to camps feeling like they cannot make it at this early point surely isnt the worst thing

in the end we will end up with the strongest camps..

hey, maybe even some new ones!!

The creator seeks companions and fellow-reapers: for everything is ripe for the harvest with him.
lemur

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Might even be able to just pull up and camp on the esplanade! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Mojojita » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 pm

lbhat wrote:oh how i hope I am wrong.... all polls I see are less than 10% are planning on using the STEP system. so no re-shuffling of tickets.... most see no problem selling "their Tickets" for much more than face value.... they got them, you want them .... it will cost you. that is soooooo non - burner.

but savour that kool-aid taste. This ticket lottery is not working well.... the options left only hurt others. poorly planned.

They invited the guests.... took the guests money & shut out the entertainment & staff. Should be a interesting party.
enjoy.

I really am sorry you are so upset but there really are lots of problems with this statement. Shut out the entertainment and staff? The "entertainment"??????? You have to be kidding me. You go as a guest?????? Wow. So if you are not part of a theme camp or an "understaffed" art project then you are just a guest? In fact, the only people in our camp who knew for a fact they were going to have a ticket prior to all the sales were those who had qualified for staff tickets by volunteering. My camp of 30+ is not a theme camp - but we are all volunteers and are always on playa long before the event begins. Doesn't make us or anyone else that participates "guests" either.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby Monkeypoo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:50 pm

How's that saying go....??? Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

My thoughts about all this...??? If I get to go, great. It will be wonderful to see my friends (old or new). I cherish the moment when I get to walk out to The Man & smile real big & tell him, "Remember me? We had a talk some years back & I made 3 promises to you & myself?? I came back to tell you Thank You. I did it! All 3 of them. YOU knew I could do it. Thank you." :mrgreen: If I can't go, well, that's the way life is. The principles live within me, I bring BM into my defaultia world, and life is good. Life on Planet Monkeypoo will always be good.
Monkeypoo

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Postby lucky420 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:33 pm

If I can't go, well, that's the way life is. The principles live within me, I bring BM into my defaultia world, and life is good. Life on Planet Monkeypoo will always be good. [/color]

**swooning for monkeypoo**
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby bigdane » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Monkeypoo wrote:How's that saying go....??? Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

My thoughts about all this...??? If I get to go, great. It will be wonderful to see my friends (old or new). I cherish the moment when I get to walk out to The Man & smile real big & tell him, "Remember me? We had a talk some years back & I made 3 promises to you & myself?? I came back to tell you Thank You. I did it! All 3 of them. YOU knew I could do it. Thank you." :mrgreen: If I can't go, well, that's the way life is. The principles live within me, I bring BM into my defaultia world, and life is good. Life on Planet Monkeypoo will always be good.

@Lucky 420.........Monkeypoo is def swoon worthy....or at the very least an inspiration

and before I forget to mention I LOVE THIS THREAD AND ITS POSITIVE VIBE THANKS YGGY!!!!!!
don't play with matches unless you intend to burn
bigdane

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Postby MisaBlue » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:54 am

Thank you Yggy and others!

There is one interesting thing in life, people tend to want things go smooth and with no dramas, for most time to have just
comfy as usual routine. I don't mean boring though!
Even Burning Man belongs to this routine for o lot of people. You plan, buy ticket, prepare, go and have fun...year after year...
It is still exciting and fun, but after a while it might be just routine for you.
You know what to pack, how to build this and this, when to arrive, what to avoid...

But look at the picture below...if there are no ups and downs...if there is just one level routine...there is no life anymore...

It sucks sometimes, but I rather prefer ups and downs and ups again :)

If downs now are presented by many friends without ticket, let make the ups by helping them to find one.
I know it hurts, I know it is like big stone on our chest...but we just need the heart go on...
May be we just needed this happen to know, we still have the heart - the engine - to continue.

Postby piehole » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:41 am

playa hanjin wrote:
Do you have $10-15k lined up to purchase all these tickets from all the scalpers?

I sure hope so, man.

Lol no, I'm not buying shit from scalpers

I said "find". As in find tickets at face value for my friends to buy.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Burning Since: 2012

Postby ygmir » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:38 am

piehole wrote:
playa hanjin wrote:

I sure hope so, man.

+1
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Finxiekins » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:50 pm

piehole wrote:
playa hanjin wrote:

I sure hope so, man.

Hey, hey piehole, would you consider me a friend? LOL
Finxiekins

Postby Trishntek » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:19 pm

MisaBlue wrote:
But look at the picture below...if there are no ups and downs...if there is just one level routine...there is no life anymore...

Thank you Misa, for that beautiful metaphor. As one who understands each wave of that EKG and the flexing, relaxing, expanding and contracting of that heart muscle,,, it is the essence of life. But I have never really put it together as you just did. THANK YOU

I really look forward to our next hug,,,, jus' sayin'
Trishntek

Postby graidawg » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:24 pm

hi all i have found my answer to being annoyed at the endless ticket threads, i am going to shout at them. like i do when driving round london to stupid drivers, it may have no effect whatsoever but combined with being able to share my excitement at going to what could be an all new black rock city, were even the most jaded off burners will have to do something different because what they normally do just isnt there and to have it full of excited birgins looking for things to participate in. its making my heart race just so much. lets all go now and build BRC in the snow.

it is snowing there right? it is here
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby ygmir » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:26 pm

*hugs GD, then, administers noogie*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir