Burning Man Canadian Virgin

Burning Man Canadian Virgin

Postby WildCherry__ » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:28 am

Hey everyone!
Super stoked to be going to Burning man this year with one of my closest friends. If anyone wants to meet up with us along the way, We would totally be down for it. Also if anyone has any good idea or tips for us and going to a desert for the first time, that would be OVERLY helpful
:mrgreen:
No Lies, Just Love
WildCherry__

Re: Burning Man Canadian Virgin

Postby JDCookMS » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:32 am

Hey Wildcherry,

Welcome to eplaya! We're glad that you're planning on coming out to the playa! As for tips, you definitely need to read the Survival Guide, located at: http://www.burningman.com/preparation/event_survival/ as it has A LOT of good information. There's also a good section called the First Timers Guide that has a lot of other useful information and you can find it at http://www.burningman.com/first_timers/. In addition to that, just read through the forum and I'm sure that the majority of your questions will probably have been answered before. Oh and the search button is your friend. :D

So, welcome to eplaya and I can't wait to see you out on the playa!
JDCookMS

Postby Savannah » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:45 am

Hi WildCherry! :) Feel free to dig around on the board. The more searching you appear to have done, the nicer people tend to be about answering questions. It's hard to give general tips, so here's 2 totally random ones: 1) bring a little backpack so you can wander all day with your goggles, canteen, electrolyte drink, sunblock, snack . . . 2) If it didn't come out of your body, don't put it in the potty. (Unless it's 1-ply toilet paper.)

What part of Canada are you from?
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Welcome Wild Cherry. What part of Canada? There are a lot of burners on the frozen tundra.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby 48_love » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Hey WildCherry__,

I'm also a super stoked virgin!

Check out my sig for better searches of eplaya!

Actually, here it is for purposes of permanence: enter the following in your favorite search engine - site:eplaya.burningman.com AND your search term here

Happy researching on your path to Radical Self Reliance in the desert!

48_love

Burning Since: 2013

Postby WildCherry__ » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:08 pm

I have looked and read pretty much every single page on the website. Im just too excited i cant contain any knowledge.

haha Im from Calgary, alberta.

Im getting slightly down due to the fact that my visa has yet to be charged for the tickets.

I WANNA GO SO BAD.
No Lies, Just Love
WildCherry__

Postby Savannah » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Floodgates didn't officially open until 2 minutes after your post. Don't be sad yet. :)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Rice » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:10 pm

WildCherry__ wrote:I have looked and read pretty much every single page on the website. Im just too excited i cant contain any knowledge.

haha Im from Calgary, alberta.

Im getting slightly down due to the fact that my visa has yet to be charged for the tickets.

I WANNA GO SO BAD.

Hey, WildCherry - Welcome to ePlaya!!

There is a decent burning man crew in Calgary. http://regionals.burningman.com/ca_alb_cal.html

They also have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170599206330089/

In June there is a regional event called FreezerBurn. I have driven the 6ish hours or so to attend the last two years. Lots of fun, good introduction to the burner culture without the extreme environment. (I hail from Saskatoon)

As far as the tickets go, Patience GrassHopper - the process this year is new and untried.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby jkisha » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:14 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby WildCherry__ » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:16 am

Savannah wrote:Floodgates didn't officially open until 2 minutes after your post. Don't be sad yet. :)

That is slightly a relief. just slightly though. We even played the bongos and had an awesome pow wow until midnight last night chanting "burning man". That is how bad we want to go.

Will the credit card get charged at a random time, or is it set up on a specific schedual.

Also, since its going to be hot out there, we are sensitive to the smell of "hot" porta poties. Should we bring some kind of mask ha ha
No Lies, Just Love
WildCherry__

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:05 am

YES!!!

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Katiebaby25 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:30 am

Welcome! I'm from Calgary as well, last year was my first Burn, and I'm feeling quite blessed as I now know that I get to go again this year :)

If you aren't doing anything this Friday night the Theme Camp I'm a part of, Space Gnomes, are having a Sparkle Party at Vern's. It would be a good time to come meet some fellow Calgary Burners!
*Sgnoflake*
Space Gnomes <;)
Katiebaby25

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Space Gnomes

Postby WildCherry__ » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 pm

My friend checked her visa, and still nothing. Does it take a few days to actually show up on the visa card?
No Lies, Just Love
WildCherry__

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:34 pm

WildCherry, I'll be in Calgary May 25-28 to run the Calgary Marathon. Some of us are getting together to share our experiences and friendships that have come from Burning Man. Would you care to join us? PM me if you'd like.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Kevinochi » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Welcome Cherry! Also virgins here from tiny Belgium! Super excited to go to BM this year and meeting all these new people!

I hope your VISA gets credited soon. If not don't despair, there's still the open sale coming up. 28th Of March better come quick so we can finally get some piece of mind and start booking our flights! Eek!

In meantime we've been keeping busy reading up on the survival guide (absolute must) and collecting props for our outfits. Maybe you should do the same until that Visa gets credited :wink:
Waffles taste better slightly burned...
Kevinochi

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Village

Postby cthulhu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Hey WildCherry! I am also a Canadian virgin, but from TO. I am so excited to go!! Camping with your best bud-that is awesome!! :D
cthulhu

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:00 pm

cthulhu wrote:Hey WildCherry! I am also a Canadian virgin, but from TO. I am so excited to go!! Camping with your best bud-that is awesome!! :D

So is being an Elder God.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby cthulhu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:46 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
cthulhu wrote:Hey WildCherry! I am also a Canadian virgin, but from TO. I am so excited to go!! Camping with your best bud-that is awesome!! :D

So is being an Elder God.

Well, you know. We try not to brag or anything. We let our majesty speak for itself as we rise from beneath the waves,thus facilitating our dominion over the Earth with no extra effort needed.
cthulhu

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Can send our minds gibbering in terror and classy, too!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby WildCherry__ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:03 am

We Didnt get the tickets!! :cry:
This is a very unfortunate experiance.

We are trying again in march. But I need to say that I am SO frustrated, this whole "lotterie" idea was NOT a good idea at all. Some people that applied for tickets, used 2 different credit cards and bought 4 tickets and got awarded only 2. That is FAR from fair. We used only one credit card, and only wanted 2 tickets, thats all....

I AM NOT PLEASED.
No Lies, Just Love
WildCherry__

Return to Introduce Yourself!