Determination and Peace

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Determination and Peace

Postby Finxiekins » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:05 am

Hello Everyone!

I'm a birgin, and so is my husband. This ticket process has been interesting to say the least, and at first I was really frustrated with it. I was nervous and anxious, but my husband and I only put in the tickets that we needed - One for me, one for him, and one for our australian friend who is visiting America for the first time this year. As announcements came out and it seemed like all hope was lost, I was getting beyond annoyed. However, all of that changed this morning, the morning of the big day.

As I sat outside on my balcony and smoked, I thought of how I could have done things better - Registered for the lottery earlier, and made sure my card wouldn't expire. Unfortunately, I didn't really get my whole heart into going until two days before the registration ended - So no time for a new card. So, this is my only chance for the lottery. I realized, however, that I have the power to get to the playa, be it through the lottery (fingers crossed), or through the main sale, or through STEP. There are so many options available - I have no reason to be upset. I've never been, I REALLY want to go and I am determined to make it to the playa. We will find a way and if it's not through the lottery, then I'll find another way.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this - It is my biggest dream that everyone who wants to go will make it, but I know that's not a possibility. The best I can do is find a way to get myself there, and I know that between my husband, Juanita and I, we will find a way. I want to encourage everyone, KEEP YOUR CHIN UP! This is the time where our best or our worst comes out, and I want my best to shine in this moment of uncertainty! Good luck everyone, regardless of how you feel of the lottery! If there is a will, there is a way, and I see a lot of people here who have very strong (sometimes overbearing) will to get to the playa.

Good luck, relax, and try to enjoy your day without worry. Because you and I both know that if you have determination in your heart, you'll go very far.

Stay dusty everyone!

Re: Determination and Peace

Postby The CO » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:44 am

Good attitude darlin. I wish more had your positive outlook.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:48 am

I wish I was as positive as you! My husband and I are also birgins. I've kinda gotten bummed out about the whole ticket deal but I'm still trying to keep my chin up! Good luck to you! We'll know soon if we got them this time around...fingers crossed :)

"One good thing about music: When it hits you - you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

Postby Finxiekins » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 am

Thank you guys! Just wanted to see a little positivity on this board - Hoping that maybe I could help others find a little peace in all of this.

Postby pink » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:12 am

Finxi, I love your hair and your attitude. I saw where your CC expired, so you are SOL for the lottery, but keep that good attitude and I'm sure you will be rewarded in STEP or the open sale or even just someone on here being generous because you are being positive. I've seen it happen!

And I don't have a ticket yet either, and the clock ticks on....
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion