well it looks like it failed.

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: well it looks like it failed.

Postby International Incident » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:54 pm

MisaBlue wrote:
Deirdresneem2000 wrote:Well, try being one of the thousands of Europeans that are fly 12000 miles return to go to BM.This system has made us all nothing but anxious..
We haveN't even thought about art costumes!!
This lottery malarky has really put a cat among the pigeons as we don't know which of us
Will get tickets or when we ll get tickets.due to soring world oil prices flights can be well over £1000(1350 dollars) if u don't book early...We can't afford to wait til mid summer to still be trying to get tickets.we need to know if we are going long before then. Even in terms of booking holiday time off work is difficult by then as most other people like to holiday in August also.
That's before we organise hotels hire transport n equipment for desert etc We obviously would prefer to be able to
Go online buy tickets and know the score. Our camp last year had over 30 people from Uk,Ireland ,France n Italy ... That
Alone took months of organisation
Bottom line is We want to know for sure if our friends can come ( not that we are adverse to making new ones!) but the more of us the more cost effective. There could be upto a £2000 difference in price for our burning man experience
This system has turned people off ... The whole thing is a shambles for us over here and we are quite upset about it.
Dee( London,Uk)

Dear Whoeveryouare - as I don't now you, because you came here just to whine (at least it seems like that, because it was your first and only post)
I don't really see the point.
You will know, if you have the ticket no later than 1Feb...which is 6 months till August - i.e. no problem according the flight tickets, booking hotels, renting a car..........
If you don't get one...there will be quite a lot people with extras - as huge percent of them asked for more than they need - even if it takes 2 months to get one to your hand (yes, I know they might be hold in Will Call), it will be just April and still plenty of time to buy the flight ticket and do other booking...

So, please, before you start to whine again and making point...you should check the arguments first...

...because you can think about your costumes even without the ticket in your pocket...

And just to let you know who is saying this:
Burner from Europe - 12379 miles Prague to BRC and back
flight ticket - 1300 USD regular price and I can add insurance for 40 USD so if I cancel they return me money
preparing 3 art projects for Playa with an international crew

*Misaaaaaaaa, stop reading this thread!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!*

I love you Misa

Stop reading the threads...

I am starting to dislike a few (quite a few) of the people who post their whinges about the ticket process.

Stay Calm everybody, you WILL get a ticket
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby dunkk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Quote from jrs.
"The chances of not getting a ticket through the lottery are tiny, but the ability to control the price at which you purchase your ticket is greatly reduced. It’s a trade-off the Burning Man has elected to employ in order to avoid the confusion and frustration of last year’s ticket purchase misadventure."

the ability to control the price at which you purchase your ticket is greatly reduced.
the ability to control the price at which you purchase your ticket is greatly reduced.

So, that one sentence posed a challenge to the customer. How did you think we'd respond?
dunkk

Postby lemur » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:20 pm

dunkk wrote:Quote from jrs.
"The chances of not getting a ticket through the lottery are tiny, but the ability to control the price at which you purchase your ticket is greatly reduced...."

So, that one sentence posed a challenge to the customer. How did you think we'd respond?
"

well, judging by some peoples actions..instead of doing whats right.. theyll pile it on real thick!!

(for some people, if they see one way to take advantage of something.. theyll do it)

as the famed mr guthrie said:

"And we decided that one big pile is better than two little piles, and rather than bring that one up we decided to throw our's down.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby dunkk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:09 pm

What is right? Lets talk.
dunkk

Postby inog » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:27 pm

The CO wrote:Well, I'm going with the crazy thought that maybe folks should wait until the lottery has actually occurred before declaring it a success or failure.

- I like this idea. Besides, my guess is a decent chunk of the lottery entries will crap out due to bad credit cards, etc.

We will all know more in the next 48 hours.

Cheers.
inog

Postby lemur » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:37 pm

inog wrote:
The CO wrote:Well, I'm going with the crazy thought that maybe folks should wait until the lottery has actually occurred before declaring it a success or failure.

- I like this idea. Besides, my guess is a decent chunk of the lottery entries will crap out due to bad credit cards, etc.

We will all know more in the next 48 hours.

Cheers.

except for that one guy who 'didnt get the email' even though they checked their spam filters!!!!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby 48_love » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 pm

inog wrote:

you found me out ... all the registrations are with bunk credit card numbers hacked off the web. It's my mindfuck performance art for 2012. Hope everyone is enjoying it! lol
48_love

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Sugahoneyicetea » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:22 pm

When the redistribution takes place will i still be mailed the tix in june? or is it mandatory they be picked up at will call?
Sugahoneyicetea

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:37 pm

I think you can have them mailed, but I cannot find that information right now. I hope trilo or Savannah comes along and answers your question soon.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby MisaBlue » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:48 pm

The STEP will operate until the tickets are mailed so there can be changes in mailing address made. That is what I understand from all the sources I have.

Postby BetaBox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:54 pm

First rule of STEP club......
See you in 2014
BetaBox

Postby The CO » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:28 am

(Iirc)

Tickets purchased in the xmas presale, main sale lottery, and fcfs sale in March will be mailed if that is what you requested.

*edit*
Trilo or any mod, the ticket FAQ page is down, otherwise I would have quoted from it. Can ya pass that up the chain?
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby Savannah » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:33 am

Sugahoneyicetea wrote:When the redistribution takes place will i still be mailed the tix in june? or is it mandatory they be picked up at will call?

A very understandable question. There will be an answer in just a few days, I think. A little info has been circulated so far, but I think the Org wants to make sure the information is as explicit and unconfusing as possible before they fully & officially reveal how STEP works. Please stay tuned . . .
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:26 am

No tickets will be fulfilled until June. That goes for pre-sale, main sale, secondary sale, and tickets purchased through STEP.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Sugahoneyicetea » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:42 am

thanx savannah and trilo :mrgreen:
Sugahoneyicetea

Postby remi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:17 am

The CO wrote:
remi wrote:The best case senario, the market gets oversaturated with tickets in June and the most you could get for these tickets is 300$. That will teach people next year to not hoard unless your prepared to lose hundreds of dollars.

And.... how's that a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing.. that's why I said "best case senario".. indicating that this would be a good thing.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby A Jester » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:13 am

The CO wrote:(Iirc)

Tickets purchased in the xmas presale, main sale lottery, and fcfs sale in March will be mailed if that is what you requested.

*edit*
Trilo or any mod, the ticket FAQ page is down, otherwise I would have quoted from it. Can ya pass that up the chain?

Well, I'm no mod, but this worked for me:
http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby usurpedus » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:20 am

i think a bm ticket with my own name on it would be a really cool souvenir
usurpedus

Postby The CO » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:41 am

usurpedus, bring your ticket to M*A*S*H 4207th and I will personally type your name on it with my smith-corona manual.

Problem-Solved.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby A Jester » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:49 am

The CO wrote:usurpedus, bring your ticket to M*A*S*H 4207th and I will personally type your name on it with my smith-corona manual.

Problem-Solved.

We got a MacGyver ITT
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion