There's simply more to worry about.

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: There's simply more to worry about.

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:35 am

Drawingablank wrote:My original plan was to enter the lottery for more than I needed to ensure getting tickets. Apparently the same plan many others had.
I knew this kind of attitude would cause issues with the system though. I agonized over this from the time the lottery system was announced right up until registration opened.

But on the day of registration, I decided that I did not want to contribute to the problem and only ordered the 2 tickets I needed.

In the long run I felt that possibly missing the burn would be better than stepping on my fellow burners to get tickets. It's a shame that everyone didn't have the same epiphany.

I did! I thought about the same things but I figured I'd be fair... I'm glad that I don't have something like that weighing on my mind. But at the same time I'm pissed at the greedy little people who only think of themselves :evil:

I guess as long as they involve themselves in the STEP program then it's okay but I know a lot of them are probably just going to try and get their friends/family to buy them instead. *sigh* It's just sad and annoying.

Oh well, I'm gonna TRY not to worry about it until after the 1st when all the tickets have been drawn.
"One good thing about music: When it hits you - you feel no pain" - Bob Marley
Brianna_Beauty413

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:47 am

Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Nipple » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 am

I stand by my previous feeling that we should have a different recycled art theme for this year.

Hope and Fear 2.0

Previously: viewtopic.php?f=285&t=51535&p=764998&hilit=hope+fear#p764998
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Just_Joe » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Nipple wrote:I'm coming around to the people who over ordered not being a huge problem, as long as they take part in STEP.

Hello neighbor.
User weather man is now Just_Joe
Just_Joe

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:15 pm

junglesmacks wrote:News flash: Your life does not revolve around going to Burning Man (speaking for myself only)

Sunset Beach.. Hawaii. My little path to happiness.

<3
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby piehole » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:59 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:Image

I am worried about you worrying.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Burning Since: 2012

Postby wh..sh » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:34 pm

junglesmacks wrote:You know, as I was driving up through the Ko'olau mountains this morning on my way to surf while I'm here back home in Hawaii.. I tripped on this for a while.

News flash: Your life does not revolve around going to Burning Man (speaking for myself only)

I mean really.. it doesn't. If it doesn't work out that I end up going this year, than so be it! Sure I'll be bummed.. but dammit I'll get over it and it only opens up the doors for other things. I actually have stepped back from eplaya and the whole thing just a little bit not because I don't completely hold a huge spot in my heart and soul for this event and the people that surround it, but that I felt like it was becoming a borderline unhealthy obsession. I mean geezus.. you have people on here with over 20 THOUSAND posts and that live, eat and breath semantics on a fricken internet message board. People living their entire lives revolving around their playa name and existence. To each their own.. but really. There IS LIFE outside of Burning Man.. and I'm actually in a way glad that this whole ticket scarcity thing has given me a wake up call and reality check that hey.. maybe you won't go this year.

..and I'm fine with that. There's just simply more to worry about.

Disclaimer: Again.. to each their own. I speak only for myself. I love all of you fuckos and couldn't care less how you choose to run your world. I'm just observing my own. :D

Darn it JS! Finally, you found the way to my heart and now I am in love with you.
Honestly, just in the few months I have seen you around eplaya, you have grown so much **so proud**

This was precisely my thoughts after 2 months back in defaultia. I was obsessed and depressed. And then one fine day, I woke up and was like "fuck it!".
I realized that burning man is just an another place/way for me to find some answers for myself. But it's not the only place.

Guess what? Last week I decided I am going to go home to visit my family, which means in all probability I will not have enough vacation days to make it to burning man :)
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:02 pm

lol.. thank you sweety. I don't know about specifically growing in a few months as much as its catching my mood in certain cycles of life. I can be one sarcastic son of a bitch when I'm dealing with lawyers and sharks and the stresses of defaultia.. and then like clockwork I come home to Hawaii a few times a year and everything just hits the reset button.. and I re-remember what's really important in this life.

I fucking love my life, I do. Wow.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby tinydancr » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:24 pm

wh..sh wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:You know, as I was driving up through the Ko'olau mountains this morning on my way to surf while I'm here back home in Hawaii.. I tripped on this for a while.

News flash: Your life does not revolve around going to Burning Man (speaking for myself only)

I mean really.. it doesn't. If it doesn't work out that I end up going this year, than so be it! Sure I'll be bummed.. but dammit I'll get over it and it only opens up the doors for other things. I actually have stepped back from eplaya and the whole thing just a little bit not because I don't completely hold a huge spot in my heart and soul for this event and the people that surround it, but that I felt like it was becoming a borderline unhealthy obsession. I mean geezus.. you have people on here with over 20 THOUSAND posts and that live, eat and breath semantics on a fricken internet message board. People living their entire lives revolving around their playa name and existence. To each their own.. but really. There IS LIFE outside of Burning Man.. and I'm actually in a way glad that this whole ticket scarcity thing has given me a wake up call and reality check that hey.. maybe you won't go this year.

..and I'm fine with that. There's just simply more to worry about.

Disclaimer: Again.. to each their own. I speak only for myself. I love all of you fuckos and couldn't care less how you choose to run your world. I'm just observing my own. :D

I don't know you, but I too agree! People are crying and whining and carrying on like its the end of the world. I have never been to BM (YET), so I'm not discounting peoples profound experience there and the desire to go back.. however, If there is a will there is a way. People will get their tickets if they want them bad enough. In addition, for those that simply CANT get their tickets, how about looking in front of you and see what you're missing while fantasizing over BRC for 51 weeks a year?? Its all about perception! If you perceive your reality or defaultia as you call it, to suck. Then it will.
shut up and dance.
tinydancr

Postby wh..sh » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:33 pm

junglesmacks wrote:lol.. thank you sweety. I don't know about specifically growing in a few months as much as its catching my mood in certain cycles of life. I can be one sarcastic son of a bitch when I'm dealing with lawyers and sharks and the stresses of defaultia.. and then like clockwork I come home to Hawaii a few times a year and everything just hits the reset button.. and I re-remember what's really important in this life.

I fucking love my life, I do. Wow.

...all this from a guy who said he won't miss burning man for his mother's funeral or something of that sort (boy, I remember way too much shit)

In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Point: wh..shy..

:wink:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion