And now we wait...

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: And now we wait...

Postby tamarakay » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:27 pm

I'm nervous for all of you. Pins and needles and i already have tickets lol
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Ruleryak » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:46 pm

So what did I say would happen? Everyone and their mother would buy tickets out of fear, there'd be too many to guarantee everyone a ticket, and then the excess will be sold online. JRS states:

And guess what? Turns out, people are VERY EAGER to go to Burning Man this year. So much so, in fact, that they found creative ways to increase their odds of getting tickets in the Main Sale. As a result, there are a lot more tickets being requested than there are tickets available -- an inordinately large number, in fact, and far more than we projected even after last year's sold-out event. It seems that people a) likely got their friends, family and campmates to order tickets as well, and/or b) requested more tickets than they actually need.

So the unfortunate net result is that there will be a lot of people who aren't awarded tickets from the Main Sale

Thanks for being dismissive about this whole thing Trilo - that helped a lot. As predicted by many of us, the excess tickets will be dumped onto ebay and craigslist, bought mostly by scalpers (good luck doing anything to stop that - flat out impossible now), and held until the price is artificially high due to fear and demand. People that can afford it will be dumping as much this year as last year on resold overpriced tickets and people that really needed to get in at the tier one level (and who would have been prepared, cash in hand the minute tickets went on sale) wont be able to do anything about it.

If this whole mountain of shit was created to stop a problem ticketmaster and others already solved (not crashing when 20,000 people want tickets all at the same time) - we can clearly see now that it failed. Here's hoping the org takes our complaints seriously for once and drops InTicketing forever. InTicketing is garbage and does not deserve to make a penny off of burning man. The end.
07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13 - 14 Soon!
Ruleryak

Postby Ruleryak » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Update - The org is preparing a system to handle the excess tickets with a little more safety than CL/Ebay. Here's hoping it helps reduce scalping!
07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13 - 14 Soon!
Ruleryak

Postby pink » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:21 pm

The system to handle secondary ticket sales was announced months ago. NOT a last minute scramble due to more than expected ticket requests. Do your homework before complaining.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby lemur » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:24 pm

exactly pink.

i was looking it up as you posted it:

Burning Man Update: The Jack Rabbit Speaks
Volume 16, Issue #5: 2012 TICKET INFORMATION
November 19, 2011

RESALE TICKETS: Burning Man plans to create a centralized online
system to facilitate the resale of unwanted/unneeded tickets. More
details will be announced soon.

the original notice about tickets went out in the 11/11/11 issue of JRS.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby A Jester » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Ruleryak wrote:Whatever dinosaur they have in charge of this whole system needs to step down after this year and allow someone modern to take his place.

Unless you're volunteering to be a part of the tech team, all you're doing is making unpleasant noises.
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby illy dilly » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Ruleryak wrote:So what did I say would happen?

Don't ask us! You think we remember what you posted?

Ruleryak wrote: People that can afford it will be dumping as much this year as last year on resold overpriced tickets and people that really needed to get in at the tier one level (and who would have been prepared, cash in hand the minute tickets went on sale) wont be able to do anything about it.

Sweet, then you were here last year, when everyone panicked and freaked out, and prices sky rocketed for... 2 weeks?
You saw and remember how people were dumping astronomical amounts of money on FACE VALUE TICKETS all the way through August? You remember that really cool folks that had a good reason were simply being gifted tickets by the more fortunate?
Last year it was abso-fucking-lutly rideculous that burners were selling rich burners tickets at prices like $320 dollars!!!

And whats even worse, is that people only panicked for 2 weeks!!! Then everyone pulled their head out of their ass, and realized we're a community, and we can make this work!!!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby jorgebongo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Ya know I am sitting here looking at all the posts and I have had a few thoughts on how to fix it but I also realize that it's not my job to fix it. Its my job to sit here and drink my wine and wait for the31st n the 1st to come around. Gosh i'm glad they can fit four of those bottles in that tiny little box. I do hope I get a ticket.
I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand man.
jorgebongo

Postby jorgebongo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:46 am

Ruleryak I'm not goin to quote you...do you really think BMorg would try and f$@k the people that make up BRC. They don't! They are are just beIng thurogh...just because there are filtering programs out there that will do it in 5 sec. Doesnt mean we (as humans) cant review and double check our work. Go get your vibrator if ya want a machine to work for ya...not to say isn't fun but damn man have some faith that there are people on it that can make This f up system work.
I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand man.
jorgebongo

Postby twister5voy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:57 am

Ruleryak wrote:InTicketing is garbage and does not deserve to make a penny off of burning man. The end.

When was the last time you used Ticketmaster? Its pretty much garbage too IMHO. InTicketing might be charging $12 for a shipping but at least there's not a $30 convenience charge.

-Disclamer: For all I know you use Ticketmaster just as often and have just as much hate for them as I do.-
twister5voy

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion