Golden Cafe Census

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Golden Cafe Census

Postby Lucifer » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:32 pm

We had a blast serving you all at the Golden Cafe this year, and were just wondering if you had any thoughts or feedback on the drinks, the scene, the music, or the overall experience you'd like to share with us.

If so, feel free to reply to this post directly, or contact us privately via http://www.thegoldencafe.com - we can't wait to see you all again in 2005!

Lucifer and the Golden Cafe
http://www.thegoldencafe.com
Lucifer

Postby sator » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:08 pm

Hey Lucifer,

Let me say, I am proud be the first to tell you how much The Golden Cafe made my burn! The best music and best drinks and best vibe on the playa! Absolutely!

Thanks. You and your crew of petty divinities know how to put on a party.
sator

Postby paillette » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:21 pm

Good crowd, interesting and talented musicians, a nice "neighborhood bar" feel.

I loved the chainsaw margies.
paillette

Golden CAfe

Postby puppy » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:16 pm

Lucifer,

As a nieghbor of the Golden Cafe (Hushville) It was wonderfull to wake up in the morning or was it afternoon to the tunes comming from the Golden Cafe. I think Sgt Pepper's Lonely hearts band woke me up one morning but I may have been dreaming.

You had a mighty fine respectible joint, except perhaps when that thirsty sap that had run out of water on the playa wondered in and asked for Ice Water. Wow, talk about a lynch mob. But of course everything was cool once he changed his order to wild turkey straight up. And he was served his drink in a glass, after all it is a classy joint.

Great Job,
Puppy AKA: the Sap.
puppy

Live Music the Best

Postby marcimari » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:00 pm

I was camped nearby in Hushville and just wanted to say thank you for having a live music venue. I heard all kinds of music coming from the Golden Cafe during the week and when it was great I loved it, and when it wasn't I loved it anyway because it was being created live on the playa.

You made your corner a happy place on the playa for many and I hope to spend a little more time bellying up to your bar next year.

LIVE MUSIC ROCKS!!!!
Sweet Playa Dreams,
Mari
Three Chord Camp

P.S. Hi Puppy!
marcimari

Postby AntiM » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:30 pm

Another Hushvillian across Earth here. The music was great and you folks were excellent neighbors. Thanks ever so much for the lovely pendants. Wish I were drinking this year, the cocktails looked absolutely yummy. Hope to see and hear y'all next year.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Golden Cafe Saved my life

Postby The Duke of Silverlake » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:23 am

I arrived at BRC on the Saturday before the venue opened and built the BBC (Merc & 5) until wednesday afternoon when I couldn't do any more. Having extricated myself from the quagmire at camp I headed towards the portapotties, when I started to head back I was drawn towards the Golden Cafe. The band was Rock'in, I was given a drink, and my burn started right then and there. Thank you Thank You Thank You. Salvation was mine and I spent many a good hour listening to the great music and hanging with some great people. Best bar on the playa, (and I checked out quite a few)

Thanks again
The Duke
The Duke of Silverlake

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities