Heya, new here! From Australia!

Heya, new here! From Australia!

Postby Ammonsa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:45 am

Hi, I'm Ammonsa! I'm hoping to get to Burning Man in 2014 (year I turn 18). I've wanted to go for several years now and I'm finally making an account on here!

I'm from Australia and I can't wait to come to the US and take part in BM.

Glad to meet all of you :)

Oh, by the way, a question specifically directed at the other people who aren't from America;

I know that the legal age for drinking in the US is 21, but is this enforced on the Playa for people who came from countries with a lower drinking age? I don't really want to wait till I'm 21 to enjoy myself drinking at Burning man :<
Ammonsa

Re: Heya, new here! From Australia!

Postby jkisha » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:56 am

Welcome Ammonsa! Yes, you have to be 21 to drink legally at Burning Man, or anyplace else for that matter. Our camp does ID, and we have been targeted by the LEOs for a sting. Had a lady ask for a drink, and when I asked her how old she was, she said, "I'll be 21 tomorrow!" I told her to come back then. She never did. So you see, when someone admits they aren't 21 and you serve them anyway, you can get a steep fine and puts a bullseye squarely on your camp. Same can be said for smoking pot openly. You're just asking for trouble and once you find it, it never seems to leave you alone. If drinking is so important to you, might I respectfully suggest you wait until you're 21.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:31 am

What Dr. Pyro said. Welcome to ePlaya nonetheless, very cool that you're able to start diving into international travel at such an early age. Good luck planning your adventures!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Savannah » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi Ammonsa!

If there's anywhere one can have fun and see really strange things while stone cold sober, it's Burning Man. (Desert hangovers are brutal anyway--dehydration and elevation can really get to people).

Welcome to the board. :)
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby dragonpilot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Savannah wrote:Hi Ammonsa!

If there's anywhere one can have fun and see really strange things while stone cold sober, it's Burning Man. (Desert hangovers are brutal anyway--dehydration and elevation can really get to people).

Welcome to the board. :)

Watermelon-flavored infused iced vodka then switching to ice cold Manhattans later in the evening = NOT GOOD! (and never again)
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Return to Introduce Yourself!