Bates RV / Sierra RV email contact? / RV Insurance

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Bates RV / Sierra RV email contact? / RV Insurance

Postby MIse » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:03 am

First off, apologies for the ong post...first timer here with a few Q's:

Has anyone any experience with these Bates RV rentals of the Inland Empire guys?

Saw details listed on the main site, contacted & they say they can deliver to Reno for pickup.....also charge a $1000 upfront cleaning fee whereby you dont have to do anything, just hand them back the RV & they take care of it (which to me sounds cool cos I cant imagine being in the mood to clean after a week at BM & between a few of us its no cost really)
Tried to get more details from them but to be honest theyre not great at responding email'wise & in the first mail said they wanted me to call but with me being in Ireland I didnt want to run up a huge bill just enquiring.
We're 4 first time burners & looking to get an RV sorted that we can just pickup in Reno, if can pay an upfront cleaning fee somewhere like the aforementioned then all the better as dont wanna waste days

Also has anyone got an email contact for Sierra RV? Cant get their site to load for me for some stramge reason,just keeps timing out

Finally, whats the story with insurance on the RV?
Ive seen sites saying a "binder" needs to be provided to take delivery. Obviously meaning you have to take out your own insurance to cover it, how do internationaly burners manage this?
As Ive spoken to a local insurance company here but they say they've never heard of selling insurance to cover your holiday car/rv rental
MIse

Re: Bates RV / Sierra RV email contact? / RV Insurance

Postby Elderberry » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:31 am

I've never rented a car, but we do rent a truck every year for the event. My auto insurance will only cover liability (i.e. damage to other vehicles or property) and does not cover the truck. So, we buy the insurance rider offered by the rental company to cover any damage to the truck. Certain things are not covered by that rider, like if you drive the truck under a bridge that doesn't have the correct height clearance!

I'd imagine that RV companies offer the same sort of insurance rider.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:40 am

I wonder if this might be something worth asking the people who run the website. I presume that they have some sort of process of, well maybe not "vetting", but of making sure that the people they recommend actually perform as advertised.
You might want to read this thread as well...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Elderberry » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:43 pm

That should have said "I've never rented an RV,..." :oops:
jkisha wrote:I've never rented a car, but we do rent a truck every year for the event. My auto insurance will only cover liability (i.e. damage to other vehicles or property) and does not cover the truck. So, we buy the insurance rider offered by the rental company to cover any damage to the truck. Certain things are not covered by that rider, like if you drive the truck under a bridge that doesn't have the correct height clearance!

I'd imagine that RV companies offer the same sort of insurance rider.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Transportation