Burning Man Dictionary

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Burning Man Dictionary

Postby JDCookMS » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:37 am

So, I've seen several terms thrown around in various guides outside the forum, various posts inside here, etc. ...and even a search didn't turn up anything, so I feel okay asking this... Is there some kind of dictionary? Some stuff I can figure out, like being able to google "sparkle pony," or "burgin," but I just thought that it might be easier to list terms that burgins didn't know. (or would that go against radical self-reliance and possibly lead to a lack of participation, since they wouldn't have to interact with others to understand a term?) :?
JDCookMS

Re: Burning Man Dictionary

Postby Eric » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 am

I think what you're looking for is the Burners Lexicon, which uses various sources to build a dictionary.

If you follow the link in my sig to the BRC Weekly you'll find our "Playa Lingo" section, which we carried over from our predecessor paper "Piss Clear". Both the 2010 & 2011 Weekly's are downloadable as free PDF's (they're our annual Playa Gift).
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Burning Man Dictionary

Postby JDCookMS » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:05 am

Of course it wouldn't be called a dictionary...why am I not surprised? haha. Thank you Eric. :)
JDCookMS

Return to Politics & Philosophy