Credit card issue

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Credit card issue

Postby Gernfu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:45 pm

When registering for the 2012 lottery I forgot to indicate the proper expiration date for my credit card. Usually when purchasing or registering online a notice is given that there is a mistake. If my name is selected and the card does not go through because of this mistake will I loose out on tickets. Can I register again puttin in the correct date?

Thanks,

Jeff
Gernfu

Re: Credit card issue

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:50 pm

I wouldn't register again. One or both your registrations will get bumped as duplicate. Trilo will know more.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby asaxon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Gernfu wrote:.. If my name is selected and the card does not go through because of this mistake will I loose out on tickets. Can I register again puttin in the correct date? Thanks, Jeff

A related question - I just registered and got the email confirmation, but there's no pending charge on my credit card like there usually is. Are they testing the card first so that we can know ahead of time if there's something that needs fixing? Or do we have to wait and hope? Trilo?
asaxon

Postby BBadger » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:53 pm

Trilobyte already addressed this, but no, there is no pre-verification or credit reservation on the card. You get charged at the moment you win, if you win.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion