Get married on the playa?

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Get married on the playa?

Postby TheJudge » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:55 am

It seems to be the trendy thing to do these days. Everywhere I looked there were weddings being done out on the playa in any number of temples. Myself included. I did it this year and I couldnt be happier. The playa is where I met her and it seemed only fitting that the playa be the place where I married her.

So who else got hitched this year?
"Be at one with the dust of the earth. This is primal union." - Lao Tsu
TheJudge

i did i did

Postby chloe_dancer » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:15 am

luckyburns and i were married friday around noon in the maze in front of the man!!! we were lucky enough to have music vixen, liebling and spokes there!!!! i will post pics as soon as i get some money to have them all developed (damn bi-monthly pay crap) congrats to you!!!! :P
Last edited by chloe_dancer on Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
i feel there is an angel in me whom i am constantly shocking
chloe_dancer

Postby clandyone » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:02 pm

We did, on Thursday morning. It was absolutely perfect. We had the spot scoped out ahead of time (1:00 and Authority, if there was one) but when we arrived we found that someone had lately put art up. So we got married in the middle of the green-and-orange flags out on the end there, and it was lovely. I'll post pictures as soon as I can shrink them down some.

The only problem was that our minister left before he could pick up the certificates (FLAKOR!) So, we have to collar him and drive back to Reno next weekend to drop them off. Oh well.
clandyone

Postby barbu » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:26 pm

:!:
to all of you who were married-the best of all to you, burned body mind and soul!! my friend brought his mom and her fiance as virgins this year and they were married at pinkys by the master himself-a beautiful, simple ceremony that wedded us all, one to the other. it touched the roots inside me, the ones that grow below the alkali like umbrella plants. now we're truly home, joined under the smile of the highest power of all, love.
high on the hilltop...
barbu

Postby TawnyGnosis » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:32 am

I got married myself this year by the temple of honor. It was a beautiful symbolic unification between me and my friends and our vision.

I also married a gay couple in a phone booth (I'm a minister) as I was playing the role of God and offering advice. It was a spur of the moment perfect thing they found me and I married them right there.

Two weddings in one week, whew!
TawnyGnosis

Hey I recognize that dude ;)

Postby Stormy » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:31 pm

Well, darling, have to admit that getting married and branded by Fakir and Cleo was a bit unusual, as well as having a Santa Parade go by while we were taking some photos outdoors. Climbing the pyramid drunk and going for a planeride the next morning just added to the surrealness of our union.
Stormy

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:55 pm

Thought this thread might enjoy a revitalization about now, as peoples (myself included) are getting married there this year, too, and have been posting about same.
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Bob » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:05 pm

Don't.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Return to Politics & Philosophy