ePlaya Moderator Team

Read-only messages from the Burning Man Staff

ePlaya Moderator Team

Postby trilobyte » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 am

We made an announcement on the playa at last week's ePlaya Meet & Greet, and now it's time to make it all official and post it here as well. Over the course of the summer we've made some changes to the ePlaya Moderator team which I think will help make our virtual community even better.

First, as some of you have already noticed or guessed, AntiM has retired from the role of primary moderator for the site. Words can't even begin to describe the love and the gratitude we have for her and the work she's done for the site, both as an individual and as a moderator. She'll stay on in the role of Moderator Emeritus, which will hopefully give her the opportunity to have a lot more free time and give us the opportunity to benefit from her guidance and advice when it's needed. And as you may have also worked out, I'm taking over the primary moderator responsibilities.

We have also increased our numbers. Joining Bay Bridge Sue, mdmf007 and myself are Eric, Savannah, and Shambala. All three have already proven themselves to be incredibly helpful, dedicated, and respectful of other members, and in their new roles they'll be able to continue to do those things as well as help with managing the site and keep the spammers at bay. Please join me in thanking AntiM for all her amazing efforts, and welcoming Eric, Savannah, and Shambala to the team!

Trilo
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: ePlaya Moderator Team

Postby moonrise » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:50 am

Better late than never!~

Thanks AntiM!! 8) you got style...

Thanks Trilobyte, BBS, mdmf007, Eric, Sham, and Savannah! How do all of you manage whacking down all the spam and deal with all the cat herding, I'll never know, but I'm grateful!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Sassy Britches » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks AntiM and Trilo, and all of The moderator team - Your care, patience, wit and resourcefulness are so appreciated!
Sassy Britches

Postby Sham » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks folks. There is more work to this than I thought. Reading most of the posts! Swatting spam regularly and yes, herding cats.
Savannah, Eric, AntiM, Bay Bridge Sue, mdmf007, and of course, Trilo, the bull goose loony of the bunch makes it all happen.

As we head towards a new year, (2012 for those of you without calendars) eplaya finds itself with a record number of users on the boards. It's the hope that everyone feels welcome and warm about being here, and open to sharing ideas and stories.

Sham....
Sham

Postby JStep » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Huzzah and congrats to all!!
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Sail Man » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:22 pm

JStep wrote:Huzzah and congrats to all!!

Agreed!!

Oh, and Shambala, herding cats is a lot easier if you use a fire hose. Fog or straight stream both work though you get better reach with the straight stream Not that I know from firsthand experience :wink:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Return to Announcements