Virility 2.0

Fertility 2.0 - Black Rock City is a kind of Petri dish. Theme camps cling in fertile clusters to its latticework of streets, artworks tumble out of it, like pollen on the air. These nodes of interaction mutate, grow and reproduce their kind. Burning Man communities have now escaped this capsule world: our culture in a Petri dish has effloresced - it spreads across five continents. This year's art theme contemplates the tendency of any being or living system to create abundant life.

Virility 2.0

Postby uncle sticky » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:40 am

There is no Fertility without Virility, no ying without yang, no feminine without masculine, no conception without penetration, unless you've got Canadian health insurance.

Into that truth is born Virility Camp, a place where men are men, the sheep are scared, and whiskey drinking and face punching are Rights of Passage. And no, counting or tracking themes are not of manly virtue.

We'll be serving whiskey, beer, and rough conversation. Dubstep is prohibited, punk rock encouraged, butt-rock revered, but not listened too. All matters or discussion, disagreement, name calling or general eye-balling and bad vibe-ing will be routed directly to the main attraction, the Octagon of Settling This Like Men. Headgear, lightly used and perfunctorily cleansed mouth gear, gloves and other sparring gear will be provided. No cups.

Combatants, aka men, will be chosen for contests via self-selection, or, in absence of obviously awesome match-ups, voluntarily. Three rounds, five minutes apiece, eye gouging discouraged albeit not prohibited.
The handbasket to hell is leaving. Hop in world!
uncle sticky

Re: Virility 2.0

Postby chiefdanfox » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Is the first rule of Virility Camp, "Don't talk about Virility Camp"?
chiefdanfox

Postby A Jester » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:23 pm

uncle sticky wrote:There is no Fertility without Virility, no ying without yang, no feminine without masculine, no conception without penetration, unless you've got Canadian health insurance.

Into that truth is born Virility Camp, a place where men are men, the sheep are scared, and whiskey drinking and face punching are Rights of Passage. And no, counting or tracking themes are not of manly virtue.

We'll be serving whiskey, beer, and rough conversation. Dubstep is prohibited, punk rock encouraged, butt-rock revered, but not listened too. All matters or discussion, disagreement, name calling or general eye-balling and bad vibe-ing will be routed directly to the main attraction, the Octagon of Settling This Like Men. Headgear, lightly used and perfunctorily cleansed mouth gear, gloves and other sparring gear will be provided. No cups.

Combatants, aka men, will be chosen for contests via self-selection, or, in absence of obviously awesome match-ups, voluntarily. Three rounds, five minutes apiece, eye gouging discouraged albeit not prohibited.

1) lol
2) WTF?
3) gonna be near a medic station?

and where can I go to watch women eye gouge?
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby 48_love » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Not sure why I feel this song could be thematically featured in your camp ... not too sure why, but still somehow sure.
48_love

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Savannah » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:47 pm

A Jester wrote:
uncle sticky wrote:There is no Fertility without Virility, no ying without yang, no feminine without masculine, no conception without penetration, unless you've got Canadian health insurance.

1) lol
2) WTF?
3) gonna be near a medic station?

and where can I go to watch women eye gouge?

The Critical Tits Bicycle Ride.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby uncle sticky » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 pm

@chiefdanfox:
The first rule of virility is to talk ALOT, and loudly, about virility camp, and to boast about how you're going to kick some motherfucking ass in there. That's how you get selected for combat.
uncle sticky

Postby Rice » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:37 pm

uncle sticky wrote:Combatants, aka men, will be chosen for contests via self-selection, or, in absence of obviously awesome match-ups, voluntarily.

I thought we were attending an inclusive event. Why, exactly, are women being excluded?? I know many female burners who would, most likely, kick your ass...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby uncle sticky » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:33 pm

"I know many female burners who would, most likely, kick your ass..."

Um, do I really need to explain it any further?
uncle sticky

Postby JStep » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:38 pm

I'll stop by to spray combatants against thier will with cold cooler water. :lol:
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Burning Since: 2011

Postby uncle sticky » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:42 am

That kind of behavior is almost guaranteed to get you volunteered.
uncle sticky

Postby Risky » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:36 pm

ah, no holds barred. Love it!
Will you eat your meat bloody raw or have a bbq grill going 24/7?
We need a drinking game called My Dick is Bigger Than Your Dick.
Non-filtered cigarettes, warm whiskey, and definitely no hugging.
Risky

Postby Elliot » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:58 pm

So.... I guess my Alan Alda sensitive-and-vulnerable-man impersonation might not fly so well here? :lol:
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Postby Bin Noddin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:10 pm

"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen
Bin Noddin

Postby uncle sticky » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:14 am

Eliot:

You'll be welcome at camp. Just ignore it when people try to assign a new playa name of "fresh meat," "sacrificial lamb" or "fist fodder." Of course, if any of these names seem to speak to you or touch your inner shaman, please feel free to put on a cup and tell me all about it.
uncle sticky

Postby Elliot » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:20 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, but I found your weakness, Bub! You invited me to "tell you all about it". That's a crack in your machoism, Buck! Real Virile Men "don't wanna hear it". Gotcha! Bwahahahahahahah!
:D
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.

ImageImageImage
Elliot

Postby ygmir » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:28 am

you have no chance:

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Elliot » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:27 pm

More :lol: :lol: :lol: !

I yield to the Master of Unmanliness, Don Knotts ("Barney Fife").
:D

ImageImageImage
Elliot

Postby uncle sticky » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Doh! On two counts! Here's the schedule:

Hmmm,
MMA Monday-No eye gouging, fish hooking, or biting
Take-down Tuesday-the subtle art of judo, aikido, jiu jitsu. No hitting or kicking! Head butting tolerated, but not encouraged
Whoop-ass Wednesday: all styles, open classes, Texas accents
Throw-down Thursday: The highlight of the week! Need to, ahem, discuss the gray water situation with a camp mate? Air out some grievances with your neighbors? That DJ steal your woman? Settle it like men, even if you're a woman!
Frat-boy Friday-Drunken brawling, chest puffing, shit-talking. Lure that weekend warrior into a just and honorable beat down!
Burn night is ninja night! Dress in black, be stealthy, attack the unsuspecting.
Sunday Slaughter-Why burn bad memories at the Temple when you act out in physical acts of rage? No, really.
uncle sticky

Postby Elliot » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:45 pm

uncle sticky wrote:Frat-boy Friday-Drunken brawling, chest puffing, shit-talking. Lure that weekend warrior into a just and honorable beat down!

You are talking about a hunt, right? :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Elliot

Postby uncle sticky » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Nah, by the time Friday rolls around, your skills will be sharp and you'll be ready to beat some civility into them. So, taunt them, bait them, claim to be from a better frat, get them into the ring, and submit them! Frat boys hate arm bars.
uncle sticky

Return to 2012 Theme